• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

olympic BASKETBALL!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RollinTrees

Diop it like it's hot
Reaction score
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

This is the Olympics. The OLYMPICS!! Everybody should have a CHANCE to represent their country!

WHY is the Olympic USA basketball committee run by NBA guys!!?? Of COURSE they're going to put their NBA guys on the squad to make them even more popular for their NBA franchises and it's good for the NBA professional basketball league! Has anybody noticed that our USA olympic basketball team is made up of ALL NBA guys? No Trajen Langdon, who is the reigning Euro MVP? No Hot Sauce from And1? No me or you?

How come WE didn't get a chance??

Was there are basketball tryout for the Olympics that we didn't know about? The way there are Olympic trials for other events? I bet if I could run a 9.0 100 meter dash I'd be in the Olympics right now whether I was a fireman or worked at McDonalds! I wouldn't have to be employed by some professional sport league just to have a chance to run in the Olympics!

No WONDER we lost in two thousand whatever! We're using APPOINTED NBA PLAYERS!!Why should NBA people control who goes to the Olympics to represent our country in basketball!?? They are just one business! There are tons of other American basketball players qualified to go! There are tons of other American basketball players that have already PROVEN to excel at the international game! Anthony Parker? Scoonie Penn? And more!

This must be fixed! Where is the FREEDOM!? Where are the OPPORTUNITIES!? This is the OLYMPICS!!

I'm glad you're able to start threads now........

With all of this plyometric training that I have been doing, I thought I deserved a shot.

I, for one, was disappointed when the Lithuanian athletes entered the bird's nest yesterday with Sarunas J. waiving the flag.

How cool would it have been to see Z lumbering behind him, smiling broadly.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

This is the Olympics. The OLYMPICS!! Everybody should have a CHANCE to represent their country!

WHY is the Olympic USA basketball committee run by NBA guys!!?? Of COURSE they're going to put their NBA guys on the squad to make them even more popular for their NBA franchises and it's good for the NBA professional basketball league! Has anybody noticed that our USA olympic basketball team is made up of ALL NBA guys? No Trajen Langdon, who is the reigning Euro MVP? No Hot Sauce from And1? No me or you?

How come WE didn't get a chance??

Was there are basketball tryout for the Olympics that we didn't know about? The way there are Olympic trials for other events? I bet if I could run a 9.0 100 meter dash I'd be in the Olympics right now whether I was a fireman or worked at McDonalds! I wouldn't have to be employed by some professional sport league just to have a chance to run in the Olympics!

No WONDER we lost in two thousand whatever! We're using APPOINTED NBA PLAYERS!!Why should NBA people control who goes to the Olympics to represent our country in basketball!?? They are just one business! There are tons of other American basketball players qualified to go! There are tons of other American basketball players that have already PROVEN to excel at the international game! Anthony Parker? Scoonie Penn? And more!

This must be fixed! Where is the FREEDOM!? Where are the OPPORTUNITIES!? This is the OLYMPICS!!

And this is why normal people arn't in the olympics anymore...

Along with dopeheads like this

Yes.. I'm sure we'd go far with a roster comprimised of anthony parker, trajon langdon, scoonie, and some and 1 players.

Yes.. I'm sure we'd go far with a roster comprimised of anthony parker, trajon langdon, scoonie, and some and 1 players.

Well obviously some or even mostly NBA players SHOULD be on the squad. But it's somewhat interesting that the squad is SOLELY NBA players.

Langdon is the Euroleague MVP. He can play in that olympic system obviously. Do you think he even got a phone call?

Even if our current Olympic roster is made up of the best choices, it's the principle of the situation that is also an issue.

Anyone notice the old NBA on NBC theme for the game today ?? :(

Bring it back, Stern :mad:

Team USA was absolutely pathetic today only winning by 31 points, we definitely need Hotsauce aka Hotsizzle and some other non NBAers to get the job done...

Langdon isn't Erioleagues MVP, He was MVp in final game, Euroleague MVP is Ramunas Siskauskas ( Lithuania ), if Langdon hadn't played few games for USA national team im sure he would be playing in olympic games for Russia atm.:thumbdown

Team USA was absolutely pathetic today only winning by 31 points, we definitely need Hotsauce aka Hotsizzle and some other non NBAers to get the job done...

Don't forget "The Professor" and especially "Escalade"!

Last edited:
Did anyone read this interview with Chris Kaman?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/08/chris_kaman_is_germanys_barber.html

Frickin' toolbox. I enjoy the part where he says his parents don't support his decision. I know the US has sharked thier share of athletes from other countries, including Hakeem the Dream, but at least they lived in the U.S. and spoke English.

So Chris kamen is the one that bothers you, not this guy from pittsburgh playing for russia? :chuckles:

nba_g_holden1_195.jpg

If you look closeley at the picture, you might notice he is a black man playing for russia. lol

So Chris kamen is the one that bothers you, not this guy from pittsburgh playing for russia? :chuckles:

nba_g_holden1_195.jpg

If you look closeley at the picture, you might notice he is a black man playing for russia. lol
Can he swim ??

Cause the rare occurrence that appears to be 'black man on relay team' is getting a lot of buzz right now...:chuckles:

I'm surprised the white guy winning the watermelon eating contest got no publicity :thumbdown

4 melons in 20 minutes

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."