• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Open Letter to Dan Gilbert: Don't let Koby be duped by media AGAIN!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stucav

Rookie
Reaction score
While I wasn't thrilled when I first heard about the Kyrie trade, I thought the Irving for IT swap was fairly even. However, when everyone found out IT was hurt bad and might not even play this year...I thought...rescind the trade. That was an option...although the media was saying (at the time that the Cavs would be boobs to rescind). Koby caved in to pressure. He could have gutted the Celtics for years to come by rescinding. But he didn't.

Now the same media is telling us that Koby has to use the Brooklyn pick to get Jordan. Stupid stupid stupid. We are NOT winning this year. LBJ is leaving a team full of broken down old men...just like the last year at Miami.

Dump the old guys now, if you can...but don't trade any picks unless you get 25 year old players or less. Don't be a big dummy!

If you don't understand that Kyrie had to be traded, your understanding of the NBA is about to go through several stages of confusion, pain, denial, and other nasty feelings. Or you won't find out how the NBA actually works.

Either way, Kyrie had to be traded, the question was always how well could the Cavs franchise get out from the situation.

While I wasn't thrilled when I first heard about the Kyrie trade, I thought the Irving for IT swap was fairly even. However, when everyone found out IT was hurt bad and might not even play this year...I thought...rescind the trade. That was an option...although the media was saying (at the time that the Cavs would be boobs to rescind). Koby caved in to pressure. He could have gutted the Celtics for years to come by rescinding. But he didn't.

Now the same media is telling us that Koby has to use the Brooklyn pick to get Jordan. Stupid stupid stupid. We are NOT winning this year. LBJ is leaving a team full of broken down old men...just like the last year at Miami.

Dump the old guys now, if you can...but don't trade any picks unless you get 25 year old players or less. Don't be a big dummy!
So you know, I will print this post and hand deliver it to Gilbert for you. I have a business meeting with Gilbert on Tuesday and I'm positive your letter will be the perfect ice-breaker.

If you think a professional NBA GM is going to make a franchise altering decision based on what he read on Cleveland.com or something, I have a few things I'd like to sell you.

Open letter to Dan Gilbert

You got LeBron to come back when the entire media said he wouldn't come back because of you. Then you spent out the ass in luxury tax to ensure we all got to see a title before we die.

Do whatever the fuck you want

Signed

Me

Disappointing that this letter wasn't in Comic Sans.
Congratulations. You have shown me the futility of my actions. People are just stupid but I'm sure you won't even realize this when LeBron leaves and we've burnt up all our trade and draft capital for nothing. Adios.

Congratulations. You have shown me the futility of my actions. People are just stupid but I'm sure you won't even realize this when LeBron leaves and we've burnt up all our trade and draft capital for nothing. Adios.

I promise you that I’ve forgotten more about basketball then you’ll ever know. Don’t try to spar with me buddy. I promise it won’t end well for you.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Hope you enjoy your stay, regardless of how long it lasts.

If you don't understand that Kyrie had to be traded, your understanding of the NBA is about to go through several stages of confusion, pain, denial, and other nasty feelings. Or you won't find out how the NBA actually works.

Either way, Kyrie had to be traded, the question was always how well could the Cavs franchise get out from the situation.

I post again: a tale of two trade demands, one made to a competent organization, one to an incompetent one --

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/cavs-spurs-handled-trade-demands-stars-worlds/story?id=52378286

The Cavs had a ton of choices, nothing was inevitable. We certainly didn't have to rush into the Boston trade on a compressed timeline. If Kyrie had wanted to sit out half the season (he wouldn't have) we wouldn't have lost a damn thing on the court compared to what we've had this season, we would have had more time to explore trades, and that IT trade was such a gift to Boston that it would certainly have been available all season long if we wanted it.

If we had spotted his dissatisfaction earlier, we could have traded him for someone like Chris Paul. Or possibly we could have talked him off the ledge.

If we hadn't abruptly fired his best friend in the front office right before the demand, we could possibly have talked him off the ledge.

etc. etc.

I post again: a tale of two trade demands, one made to a competent organization, one to an incompetent one --

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/cavs-spurs-handled-trade-demands-stars-worlds/story?id=52378286

The Cavs had a ton of choices, nothing was inevitable. We certainly didn't have to rush into the Boston trade on a compressed timeline. If Kyrie had wanted to sit out half the season (he wouldn't have) we wouldn't have lost a damn thing on the court compared to what we've had this season, we would have had more time to explore trades, and that IT trade was such a gift to Boston that it would certainly have been available all season long if we wanted it.

If we had spotted his dissatisfaction earlier, we could have traded him for someone like Chris Paul. Or possibly we could have talked him off the ledge.

If we hadn't abruptly fired his best friend in the front office right before the demand, we could possibly have talked him off the ledge.

etc. etc.

Kyrie and LaMarcus aren't the same person, aren't at the same point in their careers, and have different goals for their brand off the floor. Could the Cavs have righted this ship a long time before it got ugly? Absolutely, it's not a well run organization and that's not what I'm saying in the least.

I'm saying once it went past the point of no return - which never happened with Aldridge and Pop - the team was hamstrung.

Kyrie and LaMarcus aren't the same person, aren't at the same point in their careers, and have different goals for their brand off the floor. Could the Cavs have righted this ship a long time before it got ugly? Absolutely, it's not a well run organization and that's not what I'm saying in the least.

I'm saying once it went past the point of no return - which never happened with Aldridge and Pop - the team was hamstrung.

Regardless of how much money Gilbert spent to bring me a title - which I fully appreciate - he should have protected his investment by retaining his experienced and competent GM. If Kyrie was dealing with a stable front office, the situation would have ended differently. Kyrie got what HE wanted; the rest of us DIDN’T.

Regardless of how much money Gilbert spent to bring me a title - which I fully appreciate - he should have protected his investment by retaining his experienced and competent GM. If Kyrie was dealing with a stable front office, the situation would have ended differently. Kyrie got what HE wanted; the rest of us DIDN’T.

Griff deserved to be fired for talking crap about his boss to competitors. That is ridiculously unprofessional and bush-league.

Also, we have absolutely zero way of knowing this situation would have ended any better had Griff still been here. The problems with Kyrie festered here for years while Griff was GM, and Altman was stuck with the tail-end of a situation that was not of his making. If you're going to blame a GM for the Kyrie/Cavs relationship falling apart, blame Griff. Personally, I think that should be more on the coaches and other players, though.

In any case, if Griff couldn't fix any of that during his years here, there's no tangible basis to believe he could have pulled a rabbit out of the hat at the end. By that point, Kyrie and his dad were dead-set on leaving, and the relationship was destroyed.

I think you're discounting the massive drama component when Kyrie is sitting due to "injury", and LBJ goes into turbo-petulant mode. Massive pressure on the Cavs and Koby to "do something" coming from LBJ and his camp, and everyone knows it.

Had Kyrie done his power play a few weeks earlier, prior to the start of free agency, that could have made all the difference. But he waited until it was too late for the best deals that might otherwise have been available.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."