• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OSU has a better basketball program than Duke...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Maybe at the moment, but seriously, this is the first time in a while Duke has been bad.

If this was 2001 or something, then that's an accomplishment.. Duke has sucked for about 3 seasons now..

22-10 playing in the toughest basketball conference. Yes, they are complete trash. :rolleyes:

that just shows how high the standards are there, some programs would kill for a 22-10 record in the ACC.

wait....where's georgetown?? there musta been a mistake!!!

lol...

just giving you a hard time james :)

Cavs1 said:
wait....where's georgetown?? there musta been a mistake!!!

lol...

just giving you a hard time james :)

Georgetown will interesting next year, the got the Washington Posts All-Met Player of the year (out of DC/MD/Northern VA to go there this year, and that may not seem like a big deal, but last years All-Met Player Kevin Durrant. Georgetown gets most of the local kids, and most of the kids who live in Maryland go to UM and most of the good kids from Northern VA go to UNC or UVA, so they get screwed on recruits in a way. If your good in Ohio, your gonna go to OSU, but when you live right here close to so many schools that make the tourney every year, no one school gets all the recruits. there were like 6 local teams to make the tournament this year.

James said:
If your good in Ohio, your gonna go to OSU
Now that we got Matta it's that way...but in the past it definitely wasn't so.

That makes no sense, it should have always been that way, are there even any other top D-1 Basketball schools in Ohio? Aside from Miami U.

Ron Lewis was a transfer, hes pretty good.

James said:
That makes no sense, it should have always been that way, are there even any other top D-1 Basketball schools in Ohio? Aside from Miami U.

Cincinnati and Kent State have been pretty good over the last decade. And programs like Miami, Ohio, Toledo, and Bowling Green are decent. The MAC is an overlooked conference but has produced some decent NBA talent (Antonio Daniels, Chris Kaman, Earl Boykins, etc.)

Ira Newble..

Cinci is crap now that Huggins left, but Xavier, Dayton, and Kent State are fixtures in the NCAA tournament. Akron, Miami, and Toledo are also pretty good mid majors.

A Mac aka The Truth said:
Ira Newble..

Cinci is crap now that Huggins left, but Xavier, Dayton, and Kent State are fixtures in the NCAA tournament. Akron, Miami, and Toledo are also pretty good mid majors.

Don't know how I forgot about Xavier, but they are a solid program too. As well as Akron. There are a lot of nice D1 programs in Ohio, arguably as many as any other state.

OSU's competition for top recruits (at least pre-Matta) were Cinci, as mentioned, but also just as much from bordering states: Kentucky, Indiana, and even MSU. OSU has been (and still is mostly) a football school. Pre-Matta, if you're a top recruit from Ohio would you rather play at OSU, Kentucky or Indiana? You know how die-hard I am, but I didn't even know that I would have picked the Buckeyes. When you're a top recruit, it's more than just selecting the school you like, you have to consider your future career.

James said:

Yeah there are a lot of pretty good Ohio basketball teams other than just OSU and Miami U. Cincy has been not so great since Huggins left but Xavier has always been pretty good and Kent State has gone to the tourney a lot more than Miami lately. Miami shouldn't have even been in the tourney this year...it was Akron's year but they failed to close out the game and Miami won on a buzzer beater. Dayton and Toledo as mentioned always put competitive teams on the floor too.

I'm sure you've heard of Xavier right James? You probably just didn't know that they were in Ohio. They made the sweet sixteen a couple years ago when Matta was their coach and they've produced some recent NBA talent: David West, Lionel Chalmers, Romain Sato (i know he was drafted but not sure if he's played)

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."