• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OSU lands another 5 star...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cavincali

California's finest
Reaction score
http://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=545972

Justin Young
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting

Kosta Koufos did what everyone thought he was going to do. The 7-footer from Canton (Ohio) GlenOak High School verbally committed to Ohio State after making a visit to the Big Ten school last week.

Kosta Koufos is Ohio State bound.
Koufos, the No. 12 ranked player in the class of 2007, has been a major target for Thad Matta and Ohio State over the last two years. While Koufos never publicly admitted OSU was high on his list, he made no secrets that the Buckeyes would be a player for his commitment.

The process came to a close after an unofficial visit to Columbus on Thursday and Friday last week.

"I went to the coaches and told the whole staff up front that this was the place where I wanted to go to school," Koufos said. "I felt at home there. It's only two hours from home and Columbus has everything you could possibly want. Like I said, it just felt like home to me."

The 7-foot-1, 245-pound big man is the center piece of three talented lane cloggers to pick Ohio State. Greg Oden, the nation's top prep player in the class of 2006, will be in Columbus in fall 2006. Matta and his staff locked up B.J. Mullens, a talented 2008 center prospect, nearly two years ago.

"I'm happy for Greg in whatever he wants to do. I am sure he will be ready after one year but if he wants to stay for another year, that will be one heck of a party," Koufos said.

Koufus put his junior season on pause due to a foot injury that sidelined him for two months. During the time away, Koufos added weight and changed his game inside the post. He made his debut at the King James Shooting Stars Classic in Akron and used his bigger body to muscle players around the basket all the while showing off his trademark shooting touch.

Dan Peters served as Koufos's lead recruiter and the seasoned assistant made an impression with the rising senior.

"I felt like he was the person that would take me under his wing and look out for me," Koufos said.

Koufos said he also considered Akron, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan and others. Koufos's AAU coach Brian Bachman said the five-star big man will be able to attract other Ohio are players, including Delvon Roe, a talented 2008 prospect.

"(OSU) just offered Delvon," Bachman said. "He and Kosta are real close. When we go on the road, they always share a room and like playing together. I'm interested in seeing where that may go."

Damn another 7 footer, how the hell is anyone going to get a rebound for the other team with those two guys playing.

cavincali said:
Damn another 7 footer, how the hell is anyone going to get a rebound for the other team with those two guys playing.
They're a year apart. Most likely they'll never play together, as Oden will be the #1 overall draft pick next year if he comes out. As much as I hate to say it, he's an idiot if he stays at OSU any longer than he has too. If you're the #1 pick already, your stock can only go down.

But let's not dwell on that, this is another great get for Matta. This kid is already 7'1" 246, and still has a year of high school to go. He could get bigger! And he's not a stiff either. He can play facing the basket, and has three point range, in addition to a good post game. He had offers from Illinois, Lousville, Maryland, Michigan, and Michigan State.

A 7 footer in the class of 2008 that double K will most likely be playing with is this guy:
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=1726782

That makes three years in a row getting a 7 foot plus, talented center. :thumbup:

Looks like they'll be playing together next year.

And anyone who lives near Canton knows Kosta is playing great lately. The kid is averaging 26 points, 16 boards, and 5 blocks. He's also been raining 3's a lot,too. We're lucky we got him.

The good news just keeps rolling in. OSU basketball is beginning to even out with OSU football.

even out? meaning they will lose a big postseason game?

He thinks he's tough because he doesn't have a team to defend, so he does this to everyone.

Look at Styles post on the best 5 teams of recent years...that's what I mean.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."