• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OSU - OU Ticket Questions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cratylus

FLAWLESS
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if I should put this in the Classifieds or the OSU thread cuz I'm looking for info, but also potentially some tickets.

I've lived in Atlanta for over 17 years and I miss going to a game or two every year at the Horseshoe. I'm thinking about making the journey back to Ohio for the Oklahoma game, but I'm wondering...

What do those in the know think I can realistically expect to pay for a couple of tickets to the game? What's the best avenue to get the tickets? How long should I expect to wait before prices start coming down on SeatGeek and StubHub? $420 each is too pricey. I want to be somewhere in the $200-$300 range per ticket.

And I guess lastly, does anyone have a couple tickets they'd be willing to sell?

Good question. Im looking to come up from Florida.

Do you have alumni tickets, or know someone who does?

Because if not, you aren't getting a pair of tickets for under $300 a piece online. 0% chance.

Edit: Looks like I overestimated. Pairs on stubhub for $250 a piece after fees right now

Last edited:

Because if not, you aren't getting a pair of tickets for under $300 a piece online. 0% chance.
Do you think the price will come down at all as game day gets closer?

Doubt it unless something weird happens like a loss in the 1st game, or an injury, or a scandal, etc.

100% the price will drop from what it is right now. People buy tickets/get free tickets/get tickets for the cheap and will sell. They have no intention on going to the game. Even the Michigan game starts out stupid high and it ALWAYS drops. I am thinking of going to the Indiana game. The tickets started out cheapest at $180. I can now get a ticket for $79.

The cheapest ALREADY dropped to $349 on StubHub.

You can play this 4 ways:

1) Buy tickets now. Whatever you feel comfortable spending. (I mean you are the founder of the Shareholder's Club - you can't be hurting too bad or else you just spend your money really dumb :chuckle:)

2) Wait it out and see if they drop. Regular season goes on sale in a week. More people will compete to sell and prices will drop. But you are also going to fighting others in buying tickets. This is a massive game, "cheap" tickets will go fast.

3) Scalp. There will 100% be scalpers selling tickets. Do you feel confident in buying from one?

4) Buy tickets now & scalp. Whatever you feel comfortable spending, buy tickets and you 100% have legit tickets to the game. Then see what people are scalping for. If they are better seats/cheaper/same price, dish out the $ and then sell yours for a discount. Risk? No one buying your original tickets and you just spent $1400 on 4 tickets, 2 of which you won't use and give to me for free b/c you are nice like that.

I vote you wait it out if you aren't comfortable in spending $350/ticket. There will be cheaper seats that come up but you just have to keep on eye on it.

I will bet you can get tickets for $200-250.

I will see what I can do, but my ticket person left town.

No matter what I will meet up for a beer or 2, or 3, or 4...

Spending a shitload of money to rent a three inch spot on a bench for 3 hours is starting to sound less appealing the more I think about it.

Spending a shitload of money to rent a three inch spot on a bench for 3 hours is starting to sound less appealing the more I think about it.

I feel ya but the bigger games. I would
Still do it.

It's worth it @Cratylus

Edit: Looks like I overestimated. Pairs on stubhub for $250 a piece after fees right now

200_s.gif

I will be selling 3 student tickets to this game if you can find a buckID

I will be selling 3 student tickets to this game if you can find a buckID

How much? Can I use your BuckID? Do you have access of another BuckID for my lady friend? You can be our 3rd wheel with the other ticket, and I will let you see one boob.

One. Pick wisely.

If anyone has any penn state tickets available I would interested in buying some.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."