• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OT: Richard Sherman is my new hero

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Skip is such a tool.

Haha Skip got verbally destroyed. But... Sherman is a punk though, can't deny that and I'm sure he'll be enemy #1 if we had to deal with him 2 times a year.

Not to go off topic, but it amazes me how many media members whose job it is to know the game inside and out dont know more then the average member of a message board.

Prime Example- There is a new sports talk station in Tampa and one of the hosts was talking about high salaries in the NBA and he actually stated, "Who is this Lamrcus Aldridge" I have never heard of him.

Then the other night Micheal Reghi was demanding the Cavs make a big move by trading for players such as Al Jefferson and Paul Milsap. A caller had to call him and let him know they were URFA Lol. He was also begging the Cavs to trade for Rudy Gay. This is a cavs post game show. He went on to say that it would be foolish to hold on to cap space for another summer. Too bad some of these media members dont spend more time on RCF and read Wuck, Ben and Max's commentary. They may learn a thing or two!

Last edited:
Everything is scripted on First Take, I'm not sure why people care about this show.

Eh.

Sherman took a bunch of cheap shots and complained that Skip didn't have any substance to his argument...and proceeded to give no substance besides "Check my resume". He's a thug who knows a few big words and took his moment on TV to call a 60 year old man names. What a badass. :rolleyes:

I have much more respect for the people who put Skip in his place with facts and numbers. Mark Cuban did a good job. Sherman just comes off as a child.

Everything is scripted on First Take, I'm not sure why people care about this show.

It's the only show I'll watch on ESPN now. Everything on ESPN is ridiculously biased and tabloid-y...at least First Take has entertainment value.

ESPN as a whole is garbage.

Not to go off topic, but it amazes me how many media members whose job it is to know the game inside and out dont know more then the average member of a message board.

Prime Example- There is a new sports talk station in Tampa and one of the hosts was talking about high salaries in the NBA and he actually stated, "Who is this Lamrcus Aldridge" I have never heard of him.

Then the other night Micheal Reghi was demanding the Cavs make a big move by trading for players such as Al Jefferson and Paul Milsap. A caller had to call him and let him know they were URFA Lol. He was also begging the Cavs to trade for Rudy Gay. This is a cavs post game show. He went on to say that it would be foolish to hold on to cap space for another summer. Too bad some of these media members dont spend more time on RCF and read Wuck, Ben and Max's commentary. They may learn a thing or two!

What is the new station? I only ever listen to 620 AM WDAE. I'm in Sarasota.

I'm not sure how anyone can be impressed with Sherman's actions in that video. Sure, Skip is very unlikeable but if you wanna talk about a resume, Skip beats out a guy with 2 years in the NFL. Stanford graduate? Please. Skip Bayless, Vanderbilt grad (on academic scholarship), couldn't "inspire" to graduate from Stanford? Skip's point regarding the fact that Sherman does anything but let his stats do the talking was dead on. I dislike Skip's trolling as much as anyone but come on. Anyone else notice how Sherman repeatedly talked about accomplishments and goals and they were all self-centered? Did he mention his team? Nah, his resume can.

Not a Bayless fan... but Sherman is just as retarded. So he attacks the guy, say he's accomplished more in 2 years than Skip has in his entire life, then says it isn't personal. Then when Skip asks if he's better then Darrelle Revis (who you know, has the same profession)... Sherman goes with "I'm better than you." Ohhhhh shit, we got a bad-ass. Then calls Skip arrogant.

Love Skip. Sherman accomplished nothing on the show.

The best thing these guys can do is pretend skip doesn't exist. It sucks that so many people tune in to hear skips over the top opinions on sports. Sherman didnt accomplish much but he did destroy skip. Is skip really using his education when on first take?

Skip Bayless is doing exactly what ESPN wants him to do, it's not ESPNs fault people watch the shit out of that show:

In August 2011 Skip Bayless' role with the show increased dramatically. Bayless brought his abrasive, confrontational style to the program, the end result a dramatic ratings increase with a reported 58% increase for the first 3 months of 2012, compared to the same time in 2011.

Is there a louder version of this video? One on Deadspin is awfully quiet, and I don't feel like turning up my sound for anything other than this hockey game stream. :chuckles:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."