• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Out of the Closet: Richard Jefferson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wine and Gold

A View Inside the Game
Reaction score
Reports are circulating that Richard Jefferson may soon become the 1st male team sport athlete to come out of thecloset and admot that he is a homosexual during his playing career.

Supposedly has been dating sme male model named Tyrese (?) for a coule years now ...

Shouldn't be an issue in this day and age, but, it will be. Almost every team likely has hada homosexual if not at this time, but, in their recent history.

Even the Cavs have had a few ...

I wonder, though, how much the media attention may distract the Nets in the aftermath, if he truly decides to come out...

Please don't tell me Mark Price was ghey.....

To "come out"? Or be "outed"? I know Jefferson hangs a lot with model Tyson Beckford...so that's probably who they are talking about. It wouldn't shock me at all if he is, but I find it hard to believe that he will voluntarily come out. He will get destroyed by the fans, opposing players, etc.

Even the Cavs have had a few ...

yep

wow....Honestly I dont have a problem with gays myself and I dont hold anything against them....hell i have gay friends that Im really good friends with

but this is a big deal....I mean a professional sports player actually coming out and saying it whether he comes out voulentarily or not is a huge thing...I cant imagine the scriutney he would be under from media and fans and such

who was the gay Cav??? come on fess up

I wouldn't out anybody like that. Stuff like that spreads like wildfire, and honestly is of no relevance to the game.

As far as Jefferson goes ...he's been outed basically, but it's being said that he may have a press conference at some point. It's being debated as to whether he should or not.

The first GUY to do that will be one brave and courageous person due the public scrutiny it will spur.

Few have, except for individual sport participants. ...Greg Louganis was the first major male athlete ...Jose Maria Olazabal in golf is another that has come out I believe. But the team sport aspect is a major hurdle to overcome.

i was only kidding W/G I knew that would be hush hush info

as for RJ....I will be interested to see how fans react to him

Wine and Gold said:
...Jose Maria Olazabal in golf is another that has come out I believe.

Wow, I never heard about Olazabal. He is a pretty big name golfer (2 Masters championships?)

I'm sure Jefferson will be destroyed by fans. But I give him a ton of credit if he has the courage to comment on it publicly.

Here's the scoop from MediaTakeOut.com about the story--

The NBA is about to be rocked by one of the biggest scandals in league history. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that a prominent member of the New Jersey Nets has admitted to his family that he's bisexual.

In an exclusive interview, MediaTakeOut.com spoke with a friend of the family who claims the player "came out" during a recent trip home. According to our source, "when [the player] came out of the closet, everyone was shocked ... we would always see pictures of him with models. No one suspected that he was into men."

And what's more shocking, tells our source, is that the NBA player has entered into a romantic relationship with one of his childhood friends. The tipster explains, "the two boys were friends since childhood ... when [the player] went to the NBA, he brought along [the friend] as a personal assistant." The tipster added, "I don't know how to feel, I love them both but something doesn't seem right about them being together like that."

And the source tells MediaTakeOut.com that the NBA star's relationship with his former pal appears to be serious. The source explains, "[the player] could have kept it quiet and nobody would have suspected. He came out because he wanted us to accept his relationship." The source added, "those two have been friends for many years .. if their relationship is anything like their friendship, its got to be serious."

The NBA player, who is African American, has been linked to a number of women in the past - all of whom are Caucasian. He is also known for enjoying the night life with his teammates and good friend Tyson Beckford.

For legal reasons, MediaTakeOut.com has decided not to print the name of the player.

Developing...

Link

According to Wikipedia, Beckford was recruited by Ralph Lauren as the front model for the company's Polo line of male sportswear. Beckford's fame continued to rise, and he was named "Man of the Year" in 1995 by VH1, as well as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine.

It won't take a PI to figure out who Beckford's best friend is.

It shouldn't matter if Jefferson is bi, but it will. This is the 21st century, but it's still 1956 in the minds of many people.

Last edited:
As far as Jefferson goes ...he's been outed basically, but it's being said that he may have a press conference at some point. It's being debated as to whether he should or not.

Wow, hadn't heard that. That would be a circus.

Either way dude can ball.

I kind of wish more major atheletes would come out and admit their lifestyle. The public needs more gayness up in their face, so they can become more comfortable with it. AC Green anyone?

I heard about that article, we were all guessing. So it's RJ huh, wasn't really hard to figure out.

i heard this rumor as well, i could care less to tell you the truth, and mediatakeout.com isnt a reliable source.

Who cares? I have nothing at all against gays and have some friends that happen to be gay. I hate people who view them as "sick" and won't let them near them. Shut up. The only thing that matters is that the dude can play basketball.

I've wondered a lot of times what would be better?

All racism and all hatred for Blacks, Jews, Gays, and anything else like that is banished from the Earth.

Or all the WMD's are banished from the Earth.

If all the hatred between different races was gone there'd be no need for WMD's..

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."