• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Owners and players ratify new deal

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
With revenue at record levels, could the owners really justify it? The players bent over backwards last time.

Lbj & Gilbert are probably pushing similar agendas. Have to believe they're communicating.

I hope they release the details on December 25th. New salary cap rules to read over is the greatest gift of all, in a way.

I hated his incessant whining during the last lockout.

Loved it... Gilbert's luxury tax demands likely contributed to Miami's cheapskate tactics being exposed and began the rift between Riley/James/Wade....

We all thought Arison would flip the bill, but... now we know he won't.

Why did they move in the first place?

And I assume they would probably get their old name back?
City wouldn't agree to the arena deal they wanted, so they moved to OKC. They retain the rights to the name, and I think the franchise history. Like the Browns.

Honestly, an expansion draft kinda scares me a bit, considering how vital each piece is to our team with such a high payroll.

In 2004, teams could protect 8 players. Assuming no changes / trades, who would you protect today?

LeBron
Kyrie
K. Love
Tristan
Felder
Frye
J.R.
Shumpert

That would leave Jefferson, McCrae, Birdman, Dunleavy, James Jones unprotected. Guess that's not so bad.

If you're starting a new Franchise I'm not sure why you'd want any of those guys, honestly.
Depends on who's available from the other teams. Gotta have a couple veterans if possible so who knows.

But you're right, they shouldn't be at the top of any new franchise's list.

Making an expansion team by those guidelines was really fun in 2k for me this past summer

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."