• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Playstation Vue

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Oi

Ahhhh chachachacha
Reaction score
Talk me into or out of it.

Currently have DirecTV, Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Is there anything DirecTV can do that Vue can't?

I have vue. You can record shows, rewind live, and pick your package. No contract. Only downer would be the maybe 5-7 seconds you are behind because you are streaming. But that's extremely minor...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Also you can now download the vue app and even watch away from your ps4

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

What about vue vs sling?

Now that I research, vue does not have Hallmark which is a dealbreaker. It's the only channel my wife watches.

I'm in the Pittsburgh sports market. Can I get Cleve sports in this market? Or can you get only the local sports in your area?

Sling is frustrating. They couldn't handle peak broadcasting, it'd lag out and stutter, if say, watching the peak moment of a broadcast. Game of Thrones going live each week, for example, would cripple their HBO channel, meanwhile, you could stream direct from HBO w/ no issue (which is why I went HBO Go instead of adding it on through Sling).

It's been about 6 months since I've used them, personally, I'd try Vue if you had options.
It's different streaming content instead of having a cable box, see if it's for you.

Sling is frustrating. They couldn't handle peak broadcasting, it'd lag out and stutter, if say, watching the peak moment of a broadcast. Game of Thrones going live each week, for example, would cripple their HBO channel, meanwhile, you could stream direct from HBO w/ no issue (which is why I went HBO Go instead of adding it on through Sling).

It's been about 6 months since I've used them, personally, I'd try Vue if you had options.
It's different streaming content instead of having a cable box, see if it's for you.
What about for sports? Or less popular TV shows on cable (Better Call Saul, for example).

Unfortunately TWC has a monopoly in the area I live so I can't get the yearly promotion. Therefore was planning on paying $40/month for the Sling Orange + Blue deal in a few months when my contract expires. That comes with every cable channel I watch, including FSO. Then would just be an antenna for the ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX channels.

What about vue vs sling?

Now that I research, vue does not have Hallmark which is a dealbreaker. It's the only channel my wife watches.

I'm in the Pittsburgh sports market. Can I get Cleve sports in this market? Or can you get only the local sports in your area?
I can't access it at work, but go on sling's site and find the option that gives local sports channels. Enter your address and it will tell you exactly what channels you'd get.

What about for sports? Or less popular TV shows on cable (Better Call Saul, for example).

Unfortunately TWC has a monopoly in the area I live so I can't get the yearly promotion. Therefore was planning on paying $40/month for the Sling Orange + Blue deal in a few months when my contract expires. That comes with every cable channel I watch, including FSO. Then would just be an antenna for the ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX channels.

I can't access it at work, but go on sling's site and find the option that gives local sports channels. Enter your address and it will tell you exactly what channels you'd get.

Less contentious shows worked pretty well. One of the biggest boons I found was using the Sling credentials as passport services and streaming direct from the source. Example, I can use my slingtv credentials for watchespn. I don't have to use the SlingTV app, I can use native ESPN apps or website. That doens't, unfortunately, work w/ all accounts they offer service to.

If you have a friend who has Time Warner / Spectrum, as an example, they can generalize their password and share it w/ you. If you have that, you can watch virtually anything you want by just going to their site and using those credentials to gain access to their live stream.

Back to Sling, the Windows app had a lot of issues. You'd start it and get nothing. Sign out, sign back in, sometimes it'd work again, sometimes it took a reboot. Lots of buffering moments. I like watching History channel, and it buffered a lot, go straight to History's site and stream, I have no issues.

To get all the sports I wanted, I found myself subscribing to extras, which drive up the bill. I truly couldn't get everything I wanted w/o supplementing w/ a friend who had a TW account. W/ that, I could stream from FSOH directly for all Cavs / Tribe games, etc. Without it, Sling wasn't meeting those needs.

As for Vue, it didn't seem to let me watch on the PC (which is huge for me). TW ended up giving me a cable package that was equal to what I was spending on Sling an HBO, so I picked up a Cable box (and stream using the livetv app anything on cable).

Plenty of options out there nowadays outside of Vue and Sling. I believe Hulu, Youtube, DirectTV each have their own or will soon have their own streaming services and I am sure there are more.

Less contentious shows worked pretty well. One of the biggest boons I found was using the Sling credentials as passport services and streaming direct from the source. Example, I can use my slingtv credentials for watchespn. I don't have to use the SlingTV app, I can use native ESPN apps or website. That doens't, unfortunately, work w/ all accounts they offer service to.

If you have a friend who has Time Warner / Spectrum, as an example, they can generalize their password and share it w/ you. If you have that, you can watch virtually anything you want by just going to their site and using those credentials to gain access to their live stream.

Back to Sling, the Windows app had a lot of issues. You'd start it and get nothing. Sign out, sign back in, sometimes it'd work again, sometimes it took a reboot. Lots of buffering moments. I like watching History channel, and it buffered a lot, go straight to History's site and stream, I have no issues.

To get all the sports I wanted, I found myself subscribing to extras, which drive up the bill. I truly couldn't get everything I wanted w/o supplementing w/ a friend who had a TW account. W/ that, I could stream from FSOH directly for all Cavs / Tribe games, etc. Without it, Sling wasn't meeting those needs.

As for Vue, it didn't seem to let me watch on the PC (which is huge for me). TW ended up giving me a cable package that was equal to what I was spending on Sling an HBO, so I picked up a Cable box (and stream using the livetv app anything on cable).
Hmm well I'd be watching through the app on Xbox One or Roku so hopefully I wouldn't encounter those windows problems...

I'd love to see a list of services I can use sling credentials for to just access their app directly (ESPN for example).

Amazon Fire TV stick w/ Kodi.

I've been off cable for 6 months. Just using my cable provider (Frontier) for kick ass internet. Also have a Ubiquiti access point for faster wifi.

Watched Fast 8 the other night. Very meh movie but streams great.

Hallmark channel is a W.

I have DIRECTV Now, and other than no DVR (which I don't care about), I've enjoyed the experience. I know it doesn't seem to be getting the best reviews, but I've personally never had a problem with them. I also mainly watch just sports, so I don't miss the DVR. They so have a 72 hour rewind or something like that on a lot of shows, so it's sort of like a DVR.

I have Vue and I love it. I have the $35 package I believe it is and it's all the sports channels. Can set up "Favorite - My Shows" so it's basically a DVR and will record automatically for you every new episode. Stream has never stopped/been bad quality.

Downsides?

ABC/NBC/FOX are On Demand only right now. CBS is the only Live of the big 4. But just get an antenna.

You can sign up for a 5 day free trial. Just try it out for a week and cancel if you don't like it.

@SuperSurge how is the "jailbroken" firestick? I was thinking about it.

I sideloaded Kodi onto my FireTV. It's nice every now and then with the basic add-ons if I can't find anything else to watch. I need to figure out how to add the good add-ons......I tried looking into it a while ago and don't believe I could figure it out. Sideloading stretched my technical capabilities far enough lol.

This shit is starting to sound like a pain in the ass.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."