• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Politics Forum is Open and Operational To Invites

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sebastian

Folkets Kärlek min Belöning
Staff member
Real Cleveland Fans
Administrator
Reaction score
Good news, everyone! A politics sub-forum has been authorized by Ben. It will be operational within a few days. It is invite-only, but only in name. Anyone that wishes to be invited will be. Just post on this thread requesting an invite and you will be added to the list.

That said, the reason the sub-forum must be invite-only is due to problems in the past with people shitting on threads and running to the moderators. That won't happen in the new forum. There are new rules, along with the RCF posting rules and etiquette, and by requesting an invite you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:

1) You will accept the decisions of the Moderator, @jking948. He has been elevated to full moderator and can and will deal with problems in a fair and impartial manner.

2) A four-person Directory, with @gourimoko as the permanent representative of the Left, and @The Human Q-Tip, the Right, and two seats, both R and L, elected quarterly, will adjudicate disputes over allegations of trolling, or baiting, and other grey areas not fully covered by existing RCF rules. You agree to be bound by the decisions of the Directory, which are then enforced by the Moderator. The Directory will not censor people or their ideas that are within RCF guidelines.

3) You will not go running to the other moderators.

4) You will especially not run to Ben. Ben will be briefed on every ban or instance of misconduct. If you run to him expect a very cold shoulder.

5) There will be a three-strikes rule. If you are temp-banned from the sub-forum three times, you are gone permanently. Like any moderator, Jking948 can and will site ban in exceptionally egregious instances with Ben's approval.

All are welcome. Check past grievances at the door. We ask that you keep the quality of your posts high and not resort to shit-posts, drive-by Twitter etc.

Sign-up will run through Wednesday, February 28th for the initial batch as we run through a beta testing period. Unlimited sign-up will occur once the beta run is over.

Edit: Lurkers will not require an invite.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping organize this Stannis; I'd like an invite please.

Nice job putting together the new rules guys. Thank you for organizing; I'd like an invite please.

Wrrrrd. Permission to primarily lurk, occasionally post please :biggrinthumb:

Please add me in as well.

Like Zeus, I'll take a lurker/reader/laughing in the background/occasional poster invite.

If not, you can silence my voice, but you can't keep baby in the corner... or something like that.

Will I be able to read/lurk the forum without taking up an initial invite spot? I’ll never post in the conversation during the trial period, but would love read access if that could happen. Just not sure how you’re setting it up.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."