• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

POLL: Will you blame Lebron if he leaves this summer?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will you blame Lebron if he leaves this summer?

• YES I will blame him just as much as the first time. He has won championships, he has no excuse now

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • SOME I understand wanting to beat GS, but he should stay and try to do it in Cleveland

Votes: 60 30.5%
  • NO We just do not have a roster that can beat GS and it is unfair to ask him to stay here and lose

Votes: 125 63.5%

• Total voters

cavsfever

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Maybe a little premature and/or controversial to ask this question, but I think it would be really interesting to see peoples' views.

Blame him for what, exactly?

If he wants to leave, that's his right. If he wants to stay that's cool too. But as much as he loves this city and the northeast Ohio area, you'd be stupid to not recognize why he might want to leave this organization.

Gilbert should get the blame. He gets LeBron for 7 years, doesn't surround him with a good supporting cast, and then loses him. He gets him back, and four years later he has somehow managed to give him a supporting cast that's almost as bad as the one from 2007. You really have to suck to screw things up with the GOAT twice. But hey, at least Gilbert got to hang on to the 8th pick in the draft.

Nah !! This time around I’m good.

All things considered he did his part and if you would have told me in 2014 you’d make the finals 4 times and win a championship I’d sign up for that..

If you told me today he’d re-sign here in a couple weeks and we’d make the finals 4 more years in a row and win 1 more title — I’d sign up for it now.

Gilbert should get the blame. He gets LeBron for 7 years, doesn't surround him with a good supporting cast, and then loses him. He gets him back, and four years later he has somehow managed to give him a supporting cast that's almost as bad as the one from 2007. You really have to suck to screw things up with the GOAT twice. But hey, at least Gilbert got to hang on to the 8th pick in the draft.

Agree completely with this, have posted similar a couple of times. It's really unbelievable that Lebron dragged the worst supporting cast ever to the Finals in 2007, then 11 years later, after Gilbert has been given a complete do-over with the slate wiped clean and numerous draft picks to rebuild with, Lebron is AGAIN saddled with dragging the worst supporting cast ever to the Finals.

No. Won us a chip and had a decent shot at another if KD doesn't join the Warriors. He's free to go somewhere he can stack the deck and one-up those frontrunners

Although I'll never totally get over his endorsement of the JR contract. A year less or a couple mil less and that thing would actually be a trade piece to facilitate a retool. TT I don't mind. Everytime the postseason comes I'm glad to have him

Blame him for what? Leaving? Of course. It's his decision. The only way you can't blame him is if Gilbert refuses to offer LeBron a contract.

Blame him for the team sucking after he leaves? Not this time, even though him holding a knife to the front office's balls with one year deals and getting his buddies severely overpaid won't help anything, but at least management managed to get a few young pieces to work with going forward.

Will I hate him like I did last time? Root against him? Probably not. I won't watch him play. He'll be like any other great player in the league. I'll see him when he plays the Cavs and not give a fuck what happens to him the rest of the time.

I guess I'm "none of the above". I didn't "blame" him for leaving the first time, other than the way he did it. Dude can play where he wants, and I'll always be thrilled that we finally did it in 2016. On the other hand, he's ultimately the only guy deciding whetherhe is going to stay or leave, so the decision as to whether or not he leaves inevitably is his responsibility.

That being said, I put a lot of blame on the head coach for this team underachieving (given how great LBJ actually was this season).

No. He fulfilled his promise. Would be more painful watching him stay, get older while still in his prime losing to far more talented teams year after year

Hell no! If there is someone to blame, its Gilbert. I hope he reads these forums though under a nickname so i can tell him that HE IS A FUCKING LOSER. He has had the best player in his team not once BUT TWICE and failed to support him. He could have created a dynasty but was unable to do so. No wonder he looks like a retard at first sight.

Hell no! If there is someone to blame, its Gilbert. I hope he reads these forums though under a nickname so i can tell him that HE IS A FUCKING LOSER. He has had the best player in his team not once BUT TWICE and failed to support him. He could have created a dynasty but was unable to do so. No wonder he looks like a retard at first sight.

The only reason we are not a dynasty has to do with things we couldn't control.

I agree we could have done better, but KD joining the Warriors and Kyrie leaving pretty much screwed us.

Now on the topic, I won't blame him if he leaves. He's accomplished what he came back for, and no one will ever take that away from us.

Won't hate him, won't root against him, but that's it. I'll always be thankful but I won't follow him around watching whatever team he chooses to play for.

Honestly, I'll lose a little respect for him if he leaves, but I won't hate him or blame him for doing so.

Leaving won't add to his legacy. They'll be bitch championships if he wins them with another super team.

But, whether he stays or goes, I'm seriously re-evaluating whether I'm going to keep watching a rigged sport.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."