• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Power shifting to the East?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Reaction score
As I was thinking about all the possible free agent scenarios and signings that have happen already it occured to me that the East, is definatly evening out talent wise with the West. The central will be loaded next year, with the of course the Pistons; then the Pacers with Artest should be improved with that "addition" alone; the Bulls are loaded with young talent and if they can resign Curry they will be a contender as well; now the Bucks with Bogut, Redd, Ford, and Simmons should make for a tough team; and of course our Cavaliers who with just the addition of Hughes will be a much improved team. The Celtics should will once again be solid, and Gerald Green could develop into a star; the 76ers should also be tough with the Iverson/Webber combo for an entire season, the Nets will have a similar story to the 76ers we'll get to see the Kidd/Carter combo for the whole year, plus a healthy RJ. The Heat will of course continue to be a great team with Shaq/Wade needless to say; then I doubt we'll see this next season but in years to come the Hawks and Bobcats who are stocked full of young talent could turn into some playoff teams. So not to take anything away from the West, which is still full of quality teams, but I think it's safe to say that the talent gap, and Western dominance is closing.

Nice post Columbus. I agree the gap is closing, while the West still holds the overall advantage. The East do have teams on the rise surrounding the already tough Detroit, Miami and Indiana.

The West is starting to get old. The East has most of the younger rising teams and players. The West is still stronger though. In a year or two I think the East is even with them or better.

The west I believe is stock piled with All Star PF's your talking about Amare / Duncan / KG / Brand also they have some of the top SF's with Dirk / Tracey /Kobe / Marion... From top to bottom I believe that the eastern conference is going to be stronger, but as far as elite teams I have to say the west still has an advantage... just my take

The gap seriously closed in when Shaq was traded to Miami. He alone was 50% of the West's power, now that belongs to the East. If just one more big name comes moves from West to East, then I say the power will have completely shifted.

LeBron for MVP!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."