• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rashard “Hollywood” Higgins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Triplethreat

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Why didn’t this man already have a thread?

He was the best thing about Pre-Season game 1. Was absolutely KILLING that back shoulder throw, and catching everything that came his way. Big, third down conversions too.

Getting a real Davante Adams breakout vibe from him. If only from one game.

He has a chance to be a really, really good #3.

He was the best thing about Pre-Season game 1. Was absolutely KILLING that back shoulder throw, and catching everything that came his way. Big, third down conversions too.

I feel you but am cautious bc the giants defense sucks. Their offense without OBJ sucks too.

But yeah, couldn’t have went better and reports say he is putting in the work. Very nice combo of opportunity and player coming together for the young man!

Breakout performer?

It's going to be crowded with Gordon, Landry, Dez, Callaway, Njoku, and Duke all lining up to catch footballs.

I can see him being a super sub though and could impact a play or 2.

Who am I kidding, Browns aren't used to having these kind of depth problems, this is amazing.

Higgins and Landry both are really adept at using their bodies to screen the DB's from the ball.

His play in camp probably played a part in the Coleman trade. Once Gordon is back WR is the best position group on the team.

Higgins and Landry both are really adept at using their bodies to screen the DB's from the ball.

What stands out to me is that they have very different body types. Higgins is tall but lanky. Landry is thick. What they share in common is a suddenness in and out of breaks. They run premise routes and know how to create space from the defender for a good, accurate QB. I think that's a big reason they have separated themselves from a guy like Coleman who had all this speed but ran shitty routes.

People were talking about how Landry helped Coleman and all of this. I bet the biggest help was to Higgins. Landry is not a prototypical athlete for the position, just like Higgins. Seeing how Landry wins with elite skills and going 100% all out, seems to be rubbing off on Higgins.

Pretty awesome, Higgins was always a favorite of mine. To see the light come on is exciting, he understands how to read a defense and is really good at tracking. Running precision routes will make him very valuable

People were talking about how Landry helped Coleman and all of this. I bet the biggest help was to Higgins. Landry is not a prototypical athlete for the position, just like Higgins. Seeing how Landry wins with elite skills and going 100% all out, seems to be rubbing off on Higgins.

Pretty awesome, Higgins was always a favorite of mine. To see the light come on is exciting, he understands how to read a defense and is really good at tracking. Running precision routes will make him very valuable

Higgins does have some things to like about him despite his (relative) lack of athleticism. He was absolutely dominant in college (88th percentile dominator rating) and had a very early breakout age (91st percentile). He also had a 73rd percentile yards per reception.

To me, the biggest red flag for receivers is not a lack of athleticism, but rather elite athletes who didn't translate their athleticism into elite production in college. If a guy is in the 80th/90th percentile in all his athletic measurements, he damn sure better have produced like it in college when he was going up against lesser athletes the bulk of the time.

Meanwhile, I tend to think it's a good sign when lesser athletes are dominant in college, because it typically means their athletic shortcomings didn't matter come game day.

It’s slowing down for Higgins. He’s learning how to get open, where to find space against different coverages, and how to adjust to how he’s played.

He was never a size, speed, tools guy. He was always going to have to be cerebral. It appears it’s finally getting to that point for him.

I think a big piece of this is his extensive work with Baker Mayfield. They seem to always be working on things, and the extra work has paid dividends for Hollywood.

He’s earning the time he’s getting. I think I’d rather encourage the development and let Rashard see the field than sign an aging Dez Bryant.

Biggest thing is he has a couple real QBs throwing to him. Now we can see if the guy is for real or not, no excuses. (Looks damn good so far.)

I doubt he was cut last year due to the quarterbacks weren't good. He has clearly taken a huge step forward. Got to give Higgins some serious cred for whatever changes he made in his approach.

He’s not explosive or fast, but he seems to have an understanding of how to find the gaps in zone coverage and solid hands.

Nothing overly special, but worthy of a roster spot.

IIRC, Higgins was known for his route running in college.

IIRC, Higgins was known for his route running in college.

Correct. He was an absolute machine in college. His 2014 season as a true soph was about as good as they come for production. Pretty much got Garrett Grayson picked in the 3rd round.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."