• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

RBF League 2023 - Gary Barnidge Classic!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should we make this a buy-in league for $25 each?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Randolphkeys

I'm Just Second-hand Strus
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
RealBrownsfans is going to launch soon, and one of the more interesting ways we believe we can attract some attention is a very active EAYOR style FFB league. What we began to explore at the end of the 2013-2014 season with karaoke bets and smack talk will hopefully become more standard all season long - as if The League were a web-based reality show. The initial attraction of the official RCF fantasy sports leagues was a chance to play the staff... and we are keeping that spirit alive with this league.

Deezus was invited as returning champion.
NarlCavs, ChicagoCavFan, and CDT are all also returning champions along with being staff members.
I asked Soda and SixPACK to remain on from the last league for being great competitors and... well, you will see when RBF launches.
My fellow RBF administrator moflo and the RBF moderators Supersurge and Phills14 are also in.
Fivethous was invited because his fantasy football thread was epically terrible and I want more.

The last spot in the league of 12 was offered to those of you following RBF on twitter, and I had one brave soul Kyle Glasgow agree to take on the challenge.

Are you ready to wager with your self respect, Kyle?

Get back to me on Personal Message with your email. Everyone else, the league is up. Review the settings, rank your predraft and practice your singing pitch.

Farting In Public has entered.

I think I lost to Keys last year... After posting a celebratory bottle of Macallan scotch in the thread.. Got some work to do.

Please check in here once you have registered your name... I want to make sure the guys who I invited are indeed the ones signing up. Also, this will be a EAYOR league, personal attacks are strongly encouraged.

A few changes from last year: Obviously we went to ESPN for one year, which I didn't prefer to the longstanding tradition of yahoo. I'm making the flex position TE eligible rather than just RB or WR. Check the values of each statistic, which may be different than last year I was going off of memory. Lastly, I'm enabling trading picks before and during the draft. We are big boys, you can handle it.

I am signed up.

The only question I have is... Will the draft be snake order? Or just standard 1-12, 1-12?

I'm in as "Len K's team", which will obviously have a name change

I'm glad things are rolling along today. As some of you know, I originally wanted a contest of super human feats recorded via YouTube to determine the last spot. But, RBF is taking forever to launch. We will save this requirement for next year.

The draft is currently scheduled for 8:30pm EST on Monday September 1st, unless I really suck at figuring out East Coast Time Zone from here. Let me know if this is a problem date/time. We should also begin to discuss preseason wagers.

CCF has doubled down on a previous bet from last year. I have a Macallan's 15 year riding on my success beating him this season. Of course, I lost a karaoke bet on the championship. Damn the bastards at ESPN for failing at basic math.

Wagers of all kinds are strongly encouraged. I'll also let you guys know I'm kicking out the last place finisher to open a spot up for a new challenger in 2015.

I'm in... No Rebates For You

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/nO2Ib3sDZ8oPm" width="500" height="312" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/Wbps2LHdRCUKY" width="500" height="281" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

"Just The Tip" is in.

It's a dangerous game, fellas...

Well if a spot opens up, let me know.

Forgot to add, I made sacks -1 point for quarterbacks and raised touchdown throws to 4 points. We always complain that QBs are the highest scoring, I thought this would be a fair way to knock them down to a more even level. To my knowledge, everything else is the same as before. Please double check.

Waiting on Deezus, cdt, and SixPACK...

I'm in as CCF for now...haven't decided on my team colors, uniforms or name yet. May just roll out nekkid. Call us Pale Rider.

I only have 1 goal this year. Could care less if I finish 2nd to last....as long as there is one guy below me. Can you kick yourself out of the league?

Registered today, Six for now. Have been on vacation the past 5 days.

There will be bets galore.

The defending champ is back, bitches!

Keys,

Never forget....

[video=youtube;HbH2B7UHrRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbH2B7UHrRc[/video]

Im surprised I wasnt invited. I would bring real joy to people when i lost and genuine pain when i won (which would be most of the time)

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."