• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Recruiting

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Style

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Thad landed a kid for 2010 already!

http://www.bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=1029

As the parent of a former player, Satch Sullinger said he had no reservations in sending a second son to play for Matta and his staff.

“Let me tell you something,” Satch Sullinger said. “I will never forget this. After J.J. and Ohio State lost to Georgetown in the NCAA Tournament down in Dayton (in March 2006), J.J. came back out on the floor after he was dressed. His career was over and he knew he would never play for Ohio State again.

“He came back out on the court and had tears in his eyes. He hugged his brother and the first thing he said was, ‘If this coaching staff offers you a scholarship, you better take it.’

“He said, ‘I love them and they are the greatest thing to happen to me outside of my family.’

“For my son to feel that way about that coaching staff, why would you not want another son to experience that?"

They got their second in Deshaun Thomas, who averaged 26 PPG as a freshman.

Cavsfan89 said:
They got their second in Deshaun Thomas, who averaged 26 PPG as a freshman.
I just saw that. He's supposed to be the next Durant -> http://www.bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=1090

Apparently most recruiting services have him as the top player in the nation. Hoop Scoop has him #2, and Sullinger #3 overall. I guess we lead for the kid they have #1, so we could end up with the top 3 players in the country in 2010. Yeah, that's not sick at all. ;)

Cavsfan89 said:
Babbitt did too.
Yeah, this one really hurts. Thomas is just a freshman. Most are saying he's still OSU's, but he's just now a soft commit. Even if he's gone, there is tons of time for Matta to replace him with another top talent. Not so with Babbitt. He ****ed Matta by waiting till the 11th hour to decommitt. It will be nearly impossible to replace him with a top caliber player now. Having fun playing for tiddly winks at Reno College. Seriously, how do you turn down an OSU scholarship to play for Reno? WTF?

Style said:
Yeah, this one really hurts. Thomas is just a freshman. Most are saying he's still OSU's, but he's just now a soft commit. Even if he's gone, there is tons of time for Matta to replace him with another top talent. Not so with Babbitt. He ****ed Matta by waiting till the 11th hour to decommitt. It will be nearly impossible to replace him with a top caliber player now. Having fun playing for tiddly winks at Reno College. Seriously, how do you turn down an OSU scholarship to play for Reno? WTF?

You do know it is Nevada....?

Florida coach Billy Donovan is hot for Erik Murphy of St. Mark's (Southborough, Mass.), who, by some accounts, projects to be a first-round NBA draft choice. Murphy has grown 5 inches in two years - he was nearly 6-10 when Williams measured him last spring in his office at North Carolina - and is likely to match or exceed the height of his 6-11 father, Jay Murphy, a second-round NBA pick in 1984 who played four seasons with the Clippers and Bullets. Florida has offered Murphy a scholarship, as have BC, Connecticut, Georgia Tech, Marquette, Ohio State, Syracuse, and Virginia. Others are certain to follow.

SI.com Truth and Rumors

Damn... Played with Wright in AAU... Pretty good player, didn't think he was that good, but that's just me...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."