• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Ricky Rubio & Derrick Williams look good in debut

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shawn817

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Rubio: 6 pts, 7 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals
Williams: 14pts, 2 rebounds
Love: 21 pts, 15 rebounds

Could be a fun team to watch..

[video=youtube;q4SmD79yRJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4SmD79yRJc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Really makes me sick that even teams as bad as the Timberwolves have 10x the talent the Cavs have. Kevin Love looks like he really slimmed down. From the highlights I saw of this game, you would think he was a SG. His 3 point stroke looked really good.

I was adamant about not buying League Pass again... but the Timberwolves and Clippers might make me change my mind. I knew Love would end up being the better pro than Mayo (they were traded for each other on draft night).

And really, the Wolves should have more talent than the Cavs. They've been in the lottery for like 5-6 straight years.

(Can you imagine if we'd landed the top 2 picks and gotten Irving and Williams??? Damn...)

I'm glad to see Minny start to succeed. Good to see a fanbase with much experience with failure. I hope they can pull it together in the next couple of years.

I'm glad to see Minny start to succeed. Good to see a fanbase with much experience with failure. I hope they can pull it together in the next couple of years.

Start to succeed because they won a pre-season game against the Bucks?

All this hype around Rubio is annoying the f*** out of me by the way... So totally overrated

How is he overrated, honestly? We haven't even seen him compete at the NBA level yet.

Ya he was hyped like 2 years ago. 1 TO okay ricky

Last edited:
How is he overrated, honestly? We haven't even seen him compete at the NBA level yet.

Overrated might be the wrong word, still a lot of people think he can be a top-tier NBA PG and that he is going to turn the Timberwolves around while in reality he has to play off the ball for Spain because they prefer Jose Calderon to be their main ball handler. He lost his starting spot for Barcelona. He cant shoot and he isnt overly athletic to that.

OK. Maybe Im just biased against the Timberwolves...But somehow I really dont like them.

I was adamant about not buying League Pass again... but the Timberwolves and Clippers might make me change my mind. I knew Love would end up being the better pro than Mayo (they were traded for each other on draft night).

And really, the Wolves should have more talent than the Cavs. They've been in the lottery for like 5-6 straight years.

(Can you imagine if we'd landed the top 2 picks and gotten Irving and Williams??? Damn...)

I remember thinking the Twolves would forever regret this. I really thought Mayo would be a borderline superstar.. he did have a monster rookie year though.

On a side note as well about this draft.. I thought Rose was basically Stephon Marbury and Beasley was the second coming of Melo.. I thought Chicago would be stuck in a hole for awhile due to this lol.

Rubio is ok for me. He is a great passer, quick, has high basketball IQ and can drive and draw fouls. But he cant shoot and he isnt very athletic. He is the typical European PG, pass first then score. In my opinion, he will fit well with the Twovles cuz they have many players who can score. So he wont be stressed with the scoring part(his worst part).

Timberwolves will be improved this year, but I dunno how much.

Pre Season...

Bucks. lol

And to Czvosec...dammit, if we had landed the ball we were supposed to land (in the lottery)....would be a very exciting year 1 of the building of our new team. Can't complain too much though - could have gone much differently.

Bucks. lol

And to Czvosec...dammit, if we had landed the ball we were supposed to land (in the lottery)....would be a very exciting year 1 of the building of our new team. Can't complain too much though - could have gone much differently.
If the Cavs landed the ball they were supposed to land then who says the Clippers pick would've been #2? Stern never would've made the riggage so obvious.

edit: and who says the Cavs would've even picked Wiliams over TT?

If the Wolves somehow start to turn it around this season then that CP3 deal starts to look an awful lot better for the Clippers.

I forgot about Rubio, it is like the Wolves are getting 2 lottery picks to the team this year instead of just Williams. Coupled with Love/MB this team shouldn't be one of the worst in the NBA anymore.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."