• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (spoilers)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

col63onel

Brad Daugherty Fan Club
Reaction score
Off to theater now to see it. I'll post some non spoiler thoughts in the "Rate the last move you saw" thread tonight.

Star Wars is back, baby!

Spoilers follow:

The last 30 minutes were worth the price of admission. Loved how they brought Gold Leader, Red Leader, Tarkin.......and the final scene with Leia brought the house down.

I want to say 10/10, I'll rewatch and adjust accordingly.

As someone who was always intrigued, on how this all unfolded...I couldn't have been happier.

I'll post details when I get home.

Spoilers follow:

The last 30 minutes were worth the price of admission. Loved how they brought Gold Leader, Red Leader, Tarkin.......and the final scene with Leia brought the house down.
I spotted a bunch of Easter Eggs, but I am sure I missed some. I'll look for more when I see it again.

My favorite was probably Red Five getting blown up, allowing Luke to have that call sign in ANH.

I thought it was a great Star Wars film. Flawed, for certain, as I stated in the TFA thread, but worthy of the 'Star Wars' name nonetheless.

Was genuinely surprised by the ending. I guess I'm naive but

I didn't expect everyone to die. The thought crossed my mind going in, but I didn't seriously think it was going to happen.

That said, the way the story played out was awesome to see. And the way it led into A New Hope was so damn cool.

I thought it was a great Star Wars film. Flawed, for certain, as I stated in the TFA thread, but worthy of the 'Star Wars' name nonetheless.

Was genuinely surprised by the ending. I guess I'm naive but

I didn't expect everyone to die. The thought crossed my mind going in, but I didn't seriously think it was going to happen.

That said, the way the story played out was awesome to see. And the way it led into A New Hope was so damn cool.

Good. Lends weight to the gravity of the meaning of service for the greater good.

Exactly that's how it had to end. Jyn was as big a hero to the Rebellion as Luke was in my opinion. Without her and her band of Rebels Luke never comes into play. Or if he does its in an entire different way.
The final scenes with Vader are intense as hell. I mean the Director/Producer did a hell of a job with that. We all know the Rebels get the Death Star plans. But by God that last sequence makes ya wonder if the rebel soldier with the plans was gonna get them to Leia.

Yea that scene was awesome, handing off the plans as Vader cut through them. They just couldnt have a Star Wars movie without a lightsaber! And they found a great way to sneak it in.

Vader was badass at the end, but he had the worst line of the movie earlier. His, "Don't choke on your aspirations" was straight Arnold from Commando.

I thought the movie jumped around a lot at the very beginning and was a little hard to follow, but then it settled down as it played out. It took me a second to realize that the defecting pilot, Bodhi was the actor from "The Night of..."

The robot had some great lines.

I was amazed at how well they recreated characters from A New Hope. That was very well done.

Overall, I really liked it. I don't think that's as much recency bias as it was for The Force Awakens.

Is it a better war movie than Saving Private Ryan?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."