• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Sager says he has 3-6 months to live

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I read that this morning. He is a dinosaur in his field. These days, the mid-game interview goes to a 24 year old hot chick or perhaps retired HOFer. But he hung in there over 40 years with his clown suits.

Love Craig Sager, wish this wasnt true.

Prayers to the Sager family

Seriously tragic. One of all time favorite parts of watching basketball.

This sucks. NBA broadcasts wont be the same, certainly less colorful.

This sucks, no matter what you think about his suits the guy is a broadcasting legend. I got a little depressed reading this.

Health problems really suck. It's awful he's fought so hard and just can't win. Happens to the best people too.

Not to throw this off-topic, but as an aside, you'd think with the technology we have today, we'd be closer to a cure for cancer, diabetes, etc. etc. etc. There has certainly been progress, but not at the rate I'd expect. Look at the rate of progression in technology. Doesn't seem like health care is moving nearly as quickly.

Health problems really suck. It's awful he's fought so hard and just can't win. Happens to the best people too.

Not to throw this off-topic, but as an aside, you'd think with the technology we have today, we'd be closer to a cure for cancer, diabetes, etc. etc. etc. There has certainly been progress, but not at the rate I'd expect. Look at the rate of progression in technology. Doesn't seem like health care is moving nearly as quickly.

No money to be made in curing anything.

Forgive me if this is common knowledge to everyone, but when Babe Ruth's "unbreakable" home run record was broken by Hank Aaron, Craig Sager was on the field, running the bases behind him, trying to get the first interview... as a college kid who wasn't supposed to be there:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/craig-sager-describes-hank-aarons-033808815.html

Talk about a self-made career.

Most cancer is different. That's the issue. I'm not taking one person has prostate cancer and one person has breast cancer. Even breast cancer to breast cancer can and is different. So it's very difficult to target a single thing to attack and get rid of all types.
Eventually one day we will have a treatment, and it's getting better but we are still a long way off unfortunately.

In the meantime touch yourself tonight

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."