• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Snubbed by the Rock and Roll Hall

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which elgible musicians are most deserving of the hall?

• The Hollies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kraftwerk

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Jethro Tull

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Genesis

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • The Cars

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Joy Division/New Order

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Cheap Trick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Stooges

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Randolphkeys

I'm Just Second-hand Strus
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We need a thread for the other thing that put Cleveland on the map: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Any musicians or groups that have put their first album out 25 years ago or longer are elgible.

The Big Question: Who got snubbed?

The following groups are in:

*Chuck Berry *James Brown *Ray Charles *Sam Cooke *Fats Domino *The Everly Brothers *Buddy Holly *Jerry Lee Lewis *Little Richard *Elvis Presley

*The Coasters *Eddie Cochran *Bo Diddley *Aretha Franklin *Marvin Gaye *Bill Haley *B. B. King *Clyde McPhatter *Ricky Nelson *Roy Orbison *Carl Perkins *Smokey Robinson *Big Joe Turner *Muddy Waters *Jackie Wilson

*The Beach Boys *The Beatles *The Drifters *Bob Dylan *The Supremes

*Dion *Otis Redding *The Rolling Stones *The Temptations *Stevie Wonder

*Hank Ballard *Bobby Darin *The Four Seasons *The Four Tops *The Kinks *The Platters *Simon & Garfunkel *The Who

*LaVern Baker *The Byrds *John Lee Hooker *The Impressions *Wilson Pickett *Jimmy Reed *Ike and Tina Turner

*Bobby "Blue" Bland *Booker T. & the M.G.'s *Johnny Cash *The Isley Brothers *The Jimi Hendrix Experience *Sam & Dave *The Yardbirds

*Ruth Brown *Cream *Creedence Clearwater Revival *The Doors *Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers *Etta James *Van Morrison *Sly & The Family Stone

*The Animals *The Band *Duane Eddy *Grateful Dead *Elton John *John Lennon *Bob Marley *Rod Stewart

*The Allman Brothers Band *Al Green *Janis Joplin *Led Zeppelin *Martha & The Vandellas *Neil Young *Frank Zappa

*David Bowie *Gladys Knight & The Pips *Jefferson Airplane *Little Willie John *Pink Floyd *The Shirelles *The Velvet Underground

*The Bee Gees *Buffalo Springfield *Crosby, Stills & Nash *The Jackson Five *Joni Mitchell *Parliament/Funkadelic *The Rascals (Young Rascals)

*The Eagles *Fleetwood Mac *The Mamas & The Papas *Lloyd Price *Santana *Gene Vincent

*Billy Joel *Curtis Mayfield *Paul McCartney *Del Shannon *Dusty Springfield *Bruce Springsteen *The Staple Singers

*Eric Clapton *Earth, Wind & Fire *The Lovin' Spoonful *The Moonglows *Bonnie Raitt *James Taylor

*Aerosmith *Solomon Burke *The Flamingos *Michael Jackson *Queen *Paul Simon *Steely Dan *Ritchie Valens

*Isaac Hayes *Brenda Lee *Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers *Gene Pitney *The Ramones *Talking Heads

*AC/DC *The Clash *Elvis Costello & The Attractions *The Police *The Righteous Brothers

*Jackson Browne *The Dells *George Harrison *Prince *Bob Seger *Traffic *ZZ Top

*Buddy Guy *The O'Jays *The Pretenders *Percy Sledge *U2

*Black Sabbath *Blondie *Miles Davis *Lynyrd Skynyrd *Sex Pistols (They declined, but were still inducted)

*Grandmaster Flash *R.E.M. *The Ronettes *Patti Smith *Van Halen

*Leonard Cohen *The Dave Clark Five *Madonna *John Mellencamp *The Ventures

Make your case: which elgible musicians were the most eggregious snub?

kiss2.jpg

Absolute shame. Even if you don't like their music, you can't deny what they did for the marketing of rock or how huge they were in their time.

Not that I trust the selection committee worth a damn... it took them freakin' forever to induct Metallica and I didn't even know Jethro Tull wasn't in. Yeesh.

RUSH should be in by now... I don't understand how they keep getting screwed.

Nirvana was pretty influential. I think Phish will make it in someday. I didnt see Carlos Santana on there anywhere, I must have just missed it.

I should have included Rush in the poll instead of Cheap Trick.

Ever watch the movie "Detroit Rock City?" I want you to notice that the music is awesome, yet the Kiss songs are the worst included.

Ever watch the movie "Detroit Rock City?" I want you to notice that the music is awesome, yet the Kiss songs are the worst included.

The reason I support Kiss' induction isn't their music, it's their impact. They're more of a marketing gimmick than anything but they were absolutely huge. If you're basing the list solely on music, there is a lot of fantastic music that's not in the hall, yet there are some acts that I wouldn't even classify as rock in their places.

I know, spectre, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just want this thread to get heated. And also, Kiss sucks.

kiss2.jpg

Absolute shame. Even if you don't like their music, you can't deny what they did for the marketing of rock or how huge they were in their time.

Not that I trust the selection committee worth a damn... it took them freakin' forever to induct Metallica and I didn't even know Jethro Tull wasn't in. Yeesh.

Metallica was selected in in their 2nd year of eligibility, they weren't eligible until 2008

So far Ive found 7 or 8 people who are in there twice. One person is in there 3 times, Rep for whoever names the 1 person in there 3 times first.

alright that was too easy, i will find another person in there 3 times, mad rep if you can beat me to it.

Neil Young? If he didn't get screwed on CSN getting in without his contributions, he would be a three timer.

Last edited:
alright that was too easy, i will find another person in there 3 times, mad rep if you can beat me to it.

There's a ton of other 2x inductees but Clapton looks like the only 3xer from what I can tell.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."