• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

So...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cdt

Winter Is Here
Reaction score
If we lose to Florida they basically own us forever..

I mean we got rocked in the National Championship in Football..no one saw that coming..I mean you may have predicted an upset but not a shit stomping..

They beat us this year in b-ball..granted it was without Oden but still..

If we lose again we're never going to live it down and we're going to have to read some lame ass ****ing cliche' on ESPN.com's frontpage for a week..like National Chompions:)uhh: whack) :mad:

In other news PIP's Bruins' and James' Hoyas were bounced so at least we made it further than most eh?

I really don't care if Florida owns Ohio State. You're looking at a team that lost four starters and who's two best players are freshmen. Just playing for the national title gets them an A+.

Btw, playing for the national title in football is still worth an A, even if you are ranked #1 all year long. At worst an A-, only b/c they got smoked in said title game.

Ohio State has to win this.. I'm not a believer in just getting there, that has to be the weakest mindset that a fan could ever have..

Who gives a damn about the '98 Utah Utes, or the '02 Indiana Hoosiers, or the '04 Georgia Tech, or the '05 Illinois Ilini or the '06 UCLA Bruins and so on, they're all irrelevant to the history of the game, just like Ohio State will be if they lose this game.... There's no consolation in coming in 2nd...

Win or die...

Oh they made it to the championship game, so that's a successful season.. But who really cares.. Just like the football team.. The whole season was pissed away with that one loss... As a fan of Ohio State, I know I could not care any less about that whole 2006 season after that loss to the Gators in the national championship..

Just win the game...

Style said:
I really don't care if Florida owns Ohio State. You're looking at a team that lost four starters and who's two best players are freshmen. Just playing for the national title gets them an A+.

Btw, playing for the national title in football is still worth an A, even if you are ranked #1 all year long. At worst an A-, only b/c they got smoked in said title game.

"Hello???

You play to win the game...when winning isn't important retire
"

That was horrible Style :hide: When you could care less whether your team wins a title or loses one what does that say about yourself as a fan?

Nobody remembers second place...

If we lose again to Flordia I just couldn't take it. To much for me. Especially since I have a friend who went to the school and always mocks me of it. And another friend who is from ohio but is a dike and likes them.

WE MUST WIN!

I wanted florida to win,not only to win my bracket but i want revenge.We are in the position they were in football,underdawgs.I think we are given more respect though then florida was for football.

Throw away the 2006 season? LOL. Wow.

Revenged Texas, then beat Michigan in the first game where both teams were undefeated and ranked #1 and #2. Biggest game in OSU UM history. I'll take that any day. This immature "National title or 1000% bust" attitude is really getting old. I'm pretty surprised to see it on this board.

Yes, UF will own us. Whats funny is some UM and MSU friends of mine said that, and I reminded them OSU owns THEM from last year atleast. Luckily the only UF fans down here became fans on January 9th, so thats not too bad.

Last edited:
The bright side of losing is Oden would more than likely stay imo.

Oh yeah, does anyone know what time and what day the nat'l title game is?

monday at 9:00 pm I believe... And there's never a real positive to losing...

WildThing said:
The bright side of losing is Oden would more than likely stay imo.

Rather win and lose him then lose and keep him.

Sorry folks, Florida fan here (I'm going to school there). I almost felt bad beating UCLA, they were such an important part of our past 2 championships, first getting killed in last years tournament, then this year with the huge assist for football. OSU woulda beaten overrated USC for sure if that was the matchup.

This game is going to be the opposite of the national title game, with a flip flop in which school is favored. Whoever comes out on top, its pretty damn amazing that we got the same title game for both major college sports. I don't think that Florida is going to lose, though they haven't had too many challenges so far in the tournament. They've had a huge size advantage and really have beaten every team so far into foul trouble with their bigs. If Ohio State is going to win this one, Oden has to stay out of foul trouble to try to counter Horford, Noah, and Richard.

Whatever happens this is probably the end of the Florida basketball run for a while, we've had a decent recruiting class, but we're going to lose probably 5 or 6 of the 8 players in the rotation to the NBA, including 3 likely lottery picks. If the Cavs can grab a 2nd rounder this year, Humphrey, who has NBA 3 point range and Richard, who doesn't get any mention coming off the bench would be two guys to look at who aren't even projected to be taken.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."