• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Spring League Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the Spring League a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Not sure..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sportscoach

RD's Guardians PR Man!
Reaction score
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2...aining-camp-roster?fv-home=true&post-id=62236

I wasn't sure where I should put this information at. It's something new for football since it is mostly free agent veterans who are playing it looks like in a round robin style of games. Don't have 100% full details on how everything is. It seems like it's a way for scouts to look at players play almost like summer league games in basketball. Also a couple former Browns are on the teams What do you guys think?

Personally I like the idea, but I am not sure if it will work. Players get hurt way too easily and are the players being compensated for playing or is it a gamble to go out and play?

I like the idea of a spring league but I feel theres no way a guy can play a whole spring season, make it to the NFL and then be healthy by playoffs. Thats just too much contact football in one year. It seems these leagues pop up every year and always end up flopping.

What I would like to see is a NFL D-League play in the fall on thursday nights. This would allow teams to call up guys that are already in game shape. Since the NFL wants to expand to other countries so much they can put the Cardinals D-League team in Mexico and the Bills D-League team in Canada.

I like the idea of a spring league but I feel theres no way a guy can play a whole spring season, make it to the NFL and then be healthy by playoffs. Thats just too much contact football in one year. It seems these leagues pop up every year and always end up flopping.

What I would like to see is a NFL D-League play in the fall on thursday nights. This would allow teams to call up guys that are already in game shape. Since the NFL wants to expand to other countries so much they can put the Cardinals D-League team in Mexico and the Bills D-League team in Canada.

It would be cool if they all had a minor league team in a way, but the question is how is it run? How are the players paid for and what do they get per game?

Honestly in a way we all love to watch football, but its way too rough of a sport on the body so in some ways, I'd rather have fewer player actually playing every day of the week. I think we should expand the current roster to 60-65 area with the practice squad at ten, but only the same amount can be active. Also cut a preseason game and add one more by week to the regular season. It's too hard on people's bodies to be playing and playing. Even if we did have a minor league system/D-League system, it could be bad, since players wouldn't be fresh since they would be going through a lot of contact like a regular game.

It would be cool if they all had a minor league team in a way, but the question is how is it run? How are the players paid for and what do they get per game?

Honestly in a way we all love to watch football, but its way too rough of a sport on the body so in some ways, I'd rather have fewer player actually playing every day of the week. I think we should expand the current roster to 60-65 area with the practice squad at ten, but only the same amount can be active. Also cut a preseason game and add one more by week to the regular season. It's too hard on people's bodies to be playing and playing. Even if we did have a minor league system/D-League system, it could be bad, since players wouldn't be fresh since they would be going through a lot of contact like a regular game.
The minor league idea has always been a fun one for the NFL, but in the current system, college football is this minor league.

You have to be careful with how you approach it--because it may turn into a baseball format with players coming out of high school and going to the minors instead of college due to any semblance of payment. I'd prefer they keep the rules that NFL players must be 3 years out of high school as we are currently. Thus, they could not play in the D-League until that point, either.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."