• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Spurs (4) Pistons (3)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The NEW NBA Champions are

• The Detroit Pistons

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • The San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

joma

Sixth Man
Reaction score
sas.gif
VS
det.gif

SAN ANTONIO SPURS

3527.jpg
3380.jpg
3167.jpg
3173.jpg
3272.jpg

PG-Tony Parker
SG-Manu Ginobili
SF-Bruce Bowen
PFTim Duncan
C-Nazr Mohammad

DETROIT PISTONS

3174.jpg
3330.jpg
3621.jpg
3006.jpg
3149.jpg

PG-Chauncey Billups
SG-Rip Hamilton
SF-Tayshaun Prince
PFRasheed Wallace
C-Ben Wallace

i call spurs in 6

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: spurs Vs. pistons

I wont even be watching the finals. Spurs vs Pistons = total snoozefest :thumbdown

Re: Finals: Spurs vs Pistons

I went with the Spurs also. Their defense is just as good as Detroit's, but their offense is much better.

pistons, they are the defending champs, show them some respect..

I like Tim Duncan though, but i think detroit has a proven back court with Billups and Hamilton and I dont really think that Bowen can stop hamilton... Rip will keep moving and if they do stop hamilton, Billups and Prince can score at will..

Billups is last years Finals MVP and I think that Tony Parker isnt a great defender and we'll see that in the finals...

Pistons in 6... and sheed with 4 technical fouls in the series

Don't really care.. I dislike both teams. I'll watch the finals but I won't have a team.. But Im sure I will pick one by game 3.

This may not be the most exciting series, but it should be a pleasure to watch these two teams go at eachother. I pick the Spurs in 7. I think it just comes down to the Spurs having better offensive execution than the Pistons, and Duncan being his dominant self.

Cleveland_Sheed said:
pistons, they are the defending champs, show them some respect..

I like Tim Duncan though, but i think detroit has a proven back court with Billups and Hamilton and I dont really think that Bowen can stop hamilton... Rip will keep moving and if they do stop hamilton, Billups and Prince can score at will..

Billups is last years Finals MVP and I think that Tony Parker isnt a great defender and we'll see that in the finals...

Pistons in 6... and sheed with 4 technical fouls in the series

I wasn't trying to disrespect them really..I just find both teams very boring to watch, they are both execellent teams don't get me wrong, but I'm just not looking forward to this all that much.

^Spurs in 6. Spurs have been fighting the "fluke champion" rap over the past few years as much as the Pistons have been this year.

-I want to see the # of player playoff games for each team, they are both high
- Larry Brown vs Pop- solid coaching matchup

Cleveland_Sheed said:
...and sheed with 4 technical fouls in the series

:chuckles: Yeah I could definitely see him getting frustrated by Tim Duncan's blank looks. I can't think of 2 guys with more opposite personalities.

AN EVEN MATCH

June 9 -- Last year, even though the Pistons were making their first trip to the finals in 14 years, I picked them to beat the Lakers because they were much more mobile and played a smarter, more aggressive, more varied brand of basketball.
This year the choice is not as clear-cut. San Antonio is much more evenly matched with Detroit. I’m particularly pleased to see two teams in The Finals that play good, solid fundamental basketball. Both emphasize rebounding – the Pistons are especially effective on the offensive boards – and play serious defense. The Pistons are the champs until they lose, but the Spurs have also been to The Finals three times recently and should rise to the occasion. The Spurs are a solid ball club and do not beat themselves.

The two teams are about equal in athleticism. Both have good speed and move well at both ends of the court. The Pistons beat Miami by putting single coverage on Shaq and letting him have his points inside while putting a lot of pressure on the other players. Tim Duncan presents much more of a challenge because he moves well and can score from both inside and outside. The bigger question will be what he does on defense. Will he guard Rasheed Wallace, who will take him outside, or will he play Ben Wallace. Whoever guards Rasheed, you know Rasheed will pull them away from the basket and open things up for Detroit’s guards.

Tempo is a key factor. The team that is able to get into a groove and stay there should prevail. Neither team needs to do anything fancy, just stay with what got them there. You may see a back door play added here and there, but that’s about it.

I don’t look for a lot of animosity, a lot of pushing and shoving, just good, hard, intelligent basketball. I hope both teams shoot well and create fast break opportunities so the games are exciting. Everybody talks about how individual players match up against each other, but that isn’t so much a factor until someone gets into foul trouble and both he and his team have to adjust.

A strong bench is obviously important and here again I think the two teams are pretty evenly matched, with Lindsey Hunter, Antonio McDyess and Elden Campbell for Detroit, Brent Barry, Robert Horry, and possibly Glenn Robinson – who hasn’t played that much thus far – for the Spurs.

Finally, we’ll see who handles adversity best and who makes the adjustments when necessary. That’s when a team’s character shows itself. The officiating will play a role, of course, but even when calls don’t go your way, you can’t let that take you out of your game. The Pistons could say they’ve already had enough adversity this year, thank you, but they’ve managed to hang tough regardless and I think they will continue to do so.

After the first game, we’ll have a much better indicator of how the rest of the series is going to play out. I’ll be back with more commentary as we go along.

http://www.nba.com/finals2005/bigo_blog.html

I'll take Spurs in 7. The Spurs to me just have a bit more punch from the bench. Ginobili will be flopping around everywhere, whilst Bowen will get to Hamilton. Billups needs to be huge for the Pistons to be a hope. Mr Fundamentals the NBA Finals MVP!

Scrappy old game there tonight. Duncan was awesome in the first half, and Manu just took over and dominated the 2nd half. Good result!

Re: Spurs (1) Pistons (0)

Manu was just unbelievable in the 2nd half. I am not a fan of how Tony Parker kept pushing the ball, it led to alot of turnovers. Luckily things settled down and the Spurs came up with a big win for game 1.

I bet a buddy of mine some money on this game. Go Spurs! :)

Manu is amazing.. what a 4th quarter run by him.

Pistons 76
Spurs 97
Final

Not looking good for Detroit.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."