• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Spurs thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Wizard of Moz

Punishing This Air
Reaction score
Since the second best team in the West gets their own thread, I thought it only made sense to start a thread where we can discuss the best team in the West, and our most likely finals opponent.

23-0 at home
League leading +13.9 point differential per game (GSW is +11.1)
Holding opponents under 90 points per game (89.8) this season
10 game win streak

2 games back of the Warriors for the 1 seed, and they have yet to play head to head.

This team... is really damn good. I think they match up extremely well with Golden State, and barring injuries I think it is Cavs-Spurs finals.

So let's stop worrying about the nerds in Oakland and start talking about the best team in the West.

fuckin spurs always good :ranting2:

The doors don't make mistakes. You can beat them with more talent or better shooting, but it executing them is not something you can easily do. They always score at the end of the quarter. They always have another truck in the bag. You have to be vigilant and play the best defense of your life.

I think the Cavs are starting to get there, but they have to improve their execution and cut down on mistakes. They have to run the offense because I don't think the Cavs can play ISO against the spurs.

it is impossible to dislike the spurs. they execute so well in every aspect and their organization is so, so strong from top to bottom. they've been the best franchise in pro sports since holt initially bought them back in '93.

if a team other than the cavs wins the title i really hope it is san antonio.

They're going to lose Duncan, Ginobli and Parker within the next 3 years. I'm sure they're going to draft well and make good moves, so that core of Leonard and Aldridge is probably going to keep them in the title picture for the next few years. I think Losing Popovic will be the biggest blow to the team.

Popovich isn’t indicating like he’s gonna retire anytime soon. I think he’ll keep on coaching the Spurs until 2020 at least.

EDIT: I even think reassurances that Pop wouldn’t retire in the next couple years was a big reason why LaMarcus was eager to sign with them this past offseason.

Last edited:
You know what would be really cool? If Duncan, when he retires, becomes an assistant coach to Pop.

I hope Golden State exhausts the Spurs so we stand a good chance. I would personally prefer that we go against GS as I feel we have a better chance against them. Spurs scare me.

I like our chances against the Spurs.

More worried about the Warriors.

I don't give two shits about their records. This year is a championship for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Let them fuck around in the West for best record there; we'll see them in the Finals.

Cleveland is a dynasty in the making, this is our time.

I like our chances against the Spurs.

More worried about the Warriors.

I don't give two shits about their records. This year is a championship for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Let them fuck around in the West for best record there; we'll see them in the Finals.

Cleveland is a dynasty in the making, this is our time.
I agree that we will beat either, but curious as to why you are more worried about the Warriors?

I agree that we will beat either, but curious as to why you are more worried about the Warriors?

It's entirely in the matchup. We matchup so much better against the Spurs, it's ridiculous.

I agree with @jking948 that the Spurs are definitely the better team; best team in the league by many respects.

But, the only thing I add to that, which changes my opinion from earlier this season, is that we simply matchup so well against the Spurs that I'd prefer to play them over 7 games.

We can hide Irving on green, we can't hide him against Klay or curry.

We want the spurs
Klay was ass in the Finals. He was ass on Christmas.

Until he shows otherwise, we can absolutely hide Kyrie on him.

Our defense played a part.

Regardless, it's just way more prudent to want to go against a team based on a huge match-up advantage Vs how one player on a team that beat us in the ship did in one outlier level of poor play in a series

Regardless Parker put up 25% of spurs points on us last week which would be cut by half if we hidt kyrie on green. it also would have given Irving more energy and efficiency subsequently on offense.

Klay was ass in the Finals. He was ass on Christmas.

Until he shows otherwise, we can absolutely hide Kyrie on him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."