• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
- Not a fan of doing a backflip to take out a TIE fighter. Feels very Yoda vs Dooku in episode 2.

- Kylo giving a guy a rock bottom is awesome.

- Hard to glean too much of the plot. Was that Jakku or Tatooine. I can't tell.

- Great seeing Billy D as Lando again.

- I legit started to tear up when I heard Leia's theme.

- It's called the "Rise of Skywalker" and
Palpatine is laughing
. This film is going to be one big mystery box.

edit - There's also the scene with Poe, Finn and C3P0 riding the skiff in the desert, which looks straight out of ROTJ. So this might be as much a remake of ROTJ as TFA was a remake of ANH

- Not a fan of doing a backflip to take out a TIE fighter. Feels very Yoda vs Dooku in episode 2.

Palpatine is laughing

Just an assumption.

But I’d guess a lot of the movie, and especially the end takes place on Tattooine.

It just only makes sense to end the story right where it all began.

Also, regarding the big mystery box at the end:

There was a comic run called Dark Empire in the old Legends continuity. Palpatine came back in the form of multiple clones. He gets Luke to turn to the dark side for a time, but Leia redeems him and they eventually kill all the Emperor's clones. The run started by one of Palpatines clones calling remaining Imperials to a part of the unknown regions in secrecy. Something like this was set up in the Aftermath book series. So this also might be stealing some story from this arc - ie cloned Palpatine.

Right before the image of Rey hugging Leia, there's a hand holding some sort of gold "medal". Wonder if it's a holocron.

It just only makes sense to end the story right where it all began.

Right. Because why come up with creative new plots when you can just recycle the old ones?

Right. Because why come up with creative new plots when you can just recycle the old ones?

Plot or location?

Tattooine is just a location not a plot.

Now if she’s going back to Jakku or Tattooine to fight a gang boss named Jarra the Hutt we have an issue. :chuckle:

That was Endor.

I read Lucas talked about his story for Episode VII and it included a diving expedition on Endor where the Emperor's throne room had survived from the explosion under water.

And I think we saw Kylo Ren choke slam a large Ewok.

Palpatine is laughing

edit - There's also the scene with Poe, Finn and C3P0 riding the skiff in the desert, which looks straight out of ROTJ. So this might be as much a remake of ROTJ as TFA was a remake of ANH

Couple of observations to add to that.

-It looks like Kylo is giving the Rock Bottom to Sandpeople. But, and I could be wrong, isn't Endor supposed to be arid? Could make some sense.

-The Ray-Leia hug looks like a dream sequence, maybe even some sort of ability Force users can have to be on the same plane of reality? I would assume this confirms certain suspicions about Ray's bloodline.

-The end, before the laugh...
That's the death star. Which certainly would seem to confirm either Palpatine has survived or was cloned

Couple of observations to add to that.

-It looks like Kylo is giving the Rock Bottom to Sandpeople. But, and I could be wrong, isn't Endor supposed to be arid? Could make some sense.

-The Ray-Leia hug looks like a dream sequence, maybe even some sort of ability Force users can have to be on the same plane of reality? I would assume this confirms certain suspicions about Ray's bloodline.

-The end, before the laugh...
That's the death star. Which certainly would seem to confirm either Palpatine has survived or was cloned

Oh SHIT.

I literally didnt even notice that was the remains of the Death Star. Palpatine could also theoretically be a dark force ghost. We haven’t seen it yet, but balance in the force would seem to mean that they are also there.

Oh SHIT.

I literally didnt even notice that was the remains of the Death Star. Palpatine could also theoretically be a dark force ghost. We haven’t seen it yet, but balance in the force would seem to mean that they are also there.

I missed it before too. It wasn't until someone mentioned something in this thread that I realized what it was.

Prediction: the ghost of Palpatine is driving a black hole around the cosmos using the Dark Side, sucking up rebel planets. The whole 'black hole picture' thing is just a viral marketing campaign.

The death star, Palpatine...lord jesus.

This has been a disaster trilogy.

Ian Mcdiarmid is still cool as all hell though.

The death star, Palpatine...lord jesus.

This has been a disaster trilogy.

Ian Mcdiarmid is still cool as all hell though.

pCh02CJ.gif

CiS4Tqp.gif

gEDMUWH.gif

HCEBwwu.gif

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."