• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Stupid Fantasy Football Leagues

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHEECHREBORN

Big Sexy
Reaction score
One of my buddies asked me to join his fantasy football league before the season started. It's his first time hosting a league so I decided to join in. I signed up and then kind of forgot about it until draft night. I wasn't going to make it to the draft so I just setup my pre-draft ranks and hoped for the best. When I got home later that night I looked at my team and was pleasantly surprised to see this:

QB- Vick
WR- Fitz
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Percy Harvin
HB- LeSean McCoy
HB- Pierre Thomas
TE- Gresham
TE- Tony Moekei (...what kind of league starts two TEs and how did I end up with Tony Moekei :doh:)
K- Jason Hanson
Def- Pittsburgh
IDP- Ray Lewis
IDP- Karlos Dansby

I was completely shocked because this team looks stacked. So I go to look at the draft results and see that apparently it is a 14 team league :)doh:) and 8 out of 14 teams took a QB in the first round. I figured I was going to run train on this league if eight freaking QBs got drafted in round 1.

I decided I should go look at the scoring settings to see if maybe my friend diverged from the default scoring and this is what I saw.

Completions: 1 pt :)uhh:)
Incomplete pass: -1 :)thumbdown)
Passing yards: 15 yards per point (FIFTEEN YARDS PER POINT :confused:)
300 yards: 3 pts
400 yards: 5 pts
500 yards: 10 pts
Passing TD: 6
40+ yard completions: 2
40+ yard passing TD: 7
Ints: -3
Fumbles: -1
Fumbles lost: -3
Everything else is basically Yahoo! default scoring

Thus far, 29 of the top 32 points scorers are QBs.

My friend wants to talk fantasy football everyday, and all I want to do is say "WHO MAKES A LEAGUE WITH THESE SETTINGS!?!?". I needed to get that off my chest. Feel free to share any stupid leagues or stupid things you see in your leagues. Like if someone in your league trades Jamaal Charles for Danny Amendola.. post about that crazy trade in here

8 qbs were taken in the first round because its 6 pts per passing td and 15 yds per point so QBs are obviously going to be premier.

Who would be dumb enough to trade amendola for charles?

12 team league with no waivers. DUMB

Also traded away Charles and saw his new owner traded him for Decker before this past week :chuckles:

You know whats BS?! The league I am in, the freaking COMMISIONER is being a little douche and says he is retiring his team. He is trading all of his good players away to his brother for crappy players. And he sent a message on the league message board saying if we want any of his players let him know. ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!?! You just don't do that. I don't care who you are. If you are gonna neglect your team and not look at it, fine whatever, just don't give your players away and cheat basically. This is the last time Im ever doing a league with him I can say that.

Last year i was in a 10 team league near the end of the regular season, and was battling neck and neck with a guy for the 6th and final playoff spot. On the saturday before week 12 began, the commish made 2 unannounced changes (he was in 1st place at the time). He expanded the the playoff teams from 6 to 8 (yes, 8 out of 10 teams qualified) and he moved the trade deadline, (which had passed a week ago) to the end of the regular season so he could make a trade with the guy i was tied with that day. I was so furious with the dude, but in the end he lost in week 1 of the playoffs to the 8 seed, I beat the 4 seed as the 5 seed and then had an easy time against the 8 seed in round 2, and ended up facing the 7 seed/guy i was tied with before in the championship and won. It felt much nicer to quit the league in protest after winning it, and it pretty much dissolved this year.

I'm so glad in my main league that i have found 11 other active and smart players, and that i'm the commish so i don't have to worry about someone pulling bullshit like in JK11's league. It took a couple years, but basically i just kicked out whomever abandoned their team and replaced them until the league was top notch.

You know whats BS?! The league I am in, the freaking COMMISIONER is being a little douche and says he is retiring his team. He is trading all of his good players away to his brother for crappy players. And he sent a message on the league message board saying if we want any of his players let him know. ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!?! You just don't do that. I don't care who you are. If you are gonna neglect your team and not look at it, fine whatever, just don't give your players away and cheat basically. This is the last time Im ever doing a league with him I can say that.

Demand you money back and walk away. No $$$ involved, just walk away.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."