• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Summer League game 1: Bucks vs Cavs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tocov

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd make a game thread for whoever is following.

Tavares and Felder most interesting to see.

I can't watch so whoever is, please post whatever you can

Edy was ok while on the court. Has good awareness.

Kay's 3 is still fucked seems so.

Everybody besides Felder are ass lol

Just noticed that this game has the potential for Gary Payton Jr vs Sam Cassell Jr showdown

Kay I think is definitely NBA material, but his size hurts him so much.

Nice finish to the quarter. TJ Williams making the right decisions there on point. Doesn't try to play outside his role.

Paul has potential. But needs a good coach to improve him.

Payton II is showing great qualities. Especially defensively.

Everybody besides Felder are ass lol

Tavares can provide minutes in this league and can defend the rim and grab rebounds at an NBA level. It remains to be seen if he can be mobile enough to defend pick and rolls without being chased off the court. Tavares has more NBA value than Kay right now.

Last edited:
Tavares can provide minutes in this league and can defend the rim and grab rebounds at an NBA level. It remains to be seen if he can be mobile enough to defend pick and rolls without being chased off the court.

Yes Tavares was good as well.
He has good hands.

I also liked TJ Williams' game. He seemed to be very collected and played within his element, making the right decisions.

Tavares can provide minutes in this league and can defend the rim and grab rebounds at an NBA level. It remains to be seen if he can be mobile enough to defend pick and rolls without being chased off the court. Tavares has more NBA value than Kay right now.

Agree with Price. Felder just doesn't do enough of the things he needs to yet at his size and for his position. Edy is an intriguing prospect that can provide some serious interior defense in limited minutes.

Feel like Kay will always be that kind-of fringe player who ends up in China somewhere until he cracks the big leagues.

Edy needs to get more than 8 boards out there. He barely has to jump. Come on, man! Hustle!

Some thoughts from watching the game..

• Gary Payton lll was the best player on the court. Tenacious like his daddy on defense, and he ran the point very well on offense.
  • Casey Prather is Iman Shumpert. Like exactly the same strengths and weaknesses.
  • Anthony Gill could be a 12th man on any NBA team right now. Not a lot of upside, but solid as hell. Ready made ball player at any level.
  • Tavares is fun to have on the roster, but he's too slow for today's game. His reflexes are terrible. Good size, good touch, but I understand now why the Hawks were willing to give up on him.
  • Kay Felder obviously struggled shooting the ball tonight, but he is not a realistic option for a contending team even if he shot 75% tonight. He is useless on defense, and he doesn't make anyone around him better at this level. The Cavs pretty much just need a backup who takes care of the ball, and drills 3's. Felder does neither of those things, and he's also a turnstile on defense.
  • Thon Maker was really bad. I expected him to thrive in this environment, and he just got abused by our grown-men group of players.
We have a good roster for summer league, but I don't see any of these guys getting the call up to the big leagues on a contender. I was mainly just hoping I'd see something from Kay that would change my opinion on him, but I still only see a Euro/G-leaguer who doesn't possess NBA level ability. Hopefully we get to see more of Andrew White, because he at least possesses one great NBA ability in his shooting. TJ Williams also deserves a mention. He played good for his first taste of the NBA game.

That's all I got.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."