• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Supporting This Site w/o Ads

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrathe

Reverberate or you may not participate.
Reaction score
Is there a way to support this site w/o allowing adverts?

I see the adblock messages. I see you working to make them more visible and advocating how it helps the site sustain.

I can respect needing income to sustain. As a user, I choose to block ads not to keep you from that income, but to protect myself from the plethora of malware that leaks in through adverts. The new adblock announcement feels intrusive and it's easy enough to block that element as well but is really just contributing to an arms race against the two sides.

I'd be interested in supporting the site in another way, aside from allowing ads. If you donate, do ads get disabled for your user account?

For registered members it will be shown once in a 24 hour period and its dismissible. Guests will get the notice message every hour. People who have donated will never see it. Just working out the kinks... as a wise man once said "Relax" RCF is still in chill mode.

Hah, it's all good man. Didn't mean to be dramatic, I appreciate and enjoy the site and would like to do right by ya.

All this time and never noticed the Donations link. There ya go guys, not a ton but hope it helps.

Thanks for the site.

For registered members it will be shown once in a 24 hour period and its dismissible. Guests will get the notice message every hour. People who have donated will never see it. Just working out the kinks... as a wise man once said "Relax" RCF is still in chill mode.

I've donated in the past, but was getting the adblock message almost all day today. I only turned it back on after all the redirect issues after having RCF in my safe list for a while. If I need to turn it off I will.

It was on for half an hour at most and then I was fiddling with positioning to make it as unobtrusive as possible. Keep the melodramatics down a bit.
I've donated in the past, but was getting the adblock message almost all day today. I only turned it back on after all the redirect issues after having RCF in my safe list for a while. If I need to turn it off I will.

Is there a way to support this site w/o allowing adverts?

I see the adblock messages. I see you working to make them more visible and advocating how it helps the site sustain.

I can respect needing income to sustain. As a user, I choose to block ads not to keep you from that income, but to protect myself from the plethora of malware that leaks in through adverts. The new adblock announcement feels intrusive and it's easy enough to block that element as well but is really just contributing to an arms race against the two sides.

I'd be interested in supporting the site in another way, aside from allowing ads. If you donate, do ads get disabled for your user account?
Here you go...

If you click on your name at the top right you will see "Account Upgrades". For 5 bucks a month you can view RCF ad free. This is experimental but I've tested it with all usergroups and it seems to work well.

I AM SO ANGRY ABOUT THIS

These autoplay ads are terrible. I don't mean to complain, but it's not exactly classing up the joint. We've been able to avoid this for several years, now it's becoming more annoying just to access the site.

In a good way.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."