• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tayshaun Prince

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rusty 2

Rookie
Reaction score
Windy said this afternoon on ESPN 850 that the Cavs were looking at Tayshaun Prince and Corey Brewer.

What is Tayshaun playing like now days? Loved him at Kentucky and hated seeing him tear it up in Detroit. Didn't know he was still even in the league.

Prince has really not been a very good player for many years now. He makes $7.7M and so fortunately it'd be difficult to make the salaries match anyway. I'm sure Memphis would make him available though, so it makes sense that someone leaked his name.

If you are looking at Memphis, I wonder whether they'd trade Quincy Pondexter, and I wonder whether he has recovered from his stress fracture from last year? He hasn't been very good this year and has sort of been lost in the shuffle there. He's got 3 more years on his contract AFTER this year (at ~$3M/yr).

Prince is a LeBron heat type player we get for the hell of it. Basically Ray Allen just get your ass over here so we can stop with this BS and focus on a big. K thanks.

prince is a less athletic marion, why do we want him? he's slow as hell and not the greatest shooter

I think the Prince deal was floated out there to help move the deal along with Brewer. Brewer helps this team much more than Prince.

this is probably just Windy throwing names against the wall. unless he gets bought out (why would Memphis do that?) i don't see how he'll be an option for us. he makes too much money to acquire him with the TPE and even though Dion's value is probably at an alltime low right now they should be able to get more for him (and fillers) than washed up Tayshaun Prince.

Brewer maybe, but Prince would be Marion redux.

Yep let's get some more washed-up players here.

@kovanovich Love Pondexter. I keep insisting he is one of the most underrated players in the league. He's tough, athletic, defends, and can hit the 3. He would be an excellent fit on any team, but I don't think he's obtainable. His contract is also a steal.

Prince with 20 points off the bench right now.

He had a 21 point game on only 11 shots last year too... he's still terrible. I'd be severely disappointed if he was the best player we could acquire with the trade exception.
Can we really get someone that good for the exception though? I've kept my eye on Corey Brewer since we have had rumored interest, and he actually isn't that bad of a player. I would probably rather have him over Tayshaun. Sadly, either one of them would probably give us more than Dion off our bench.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."