• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Terry Rozier

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walter White

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I really want this kid. I usually have a good eye for talent, and I think he will be the steal of the draft. He is even from Ohio. It's evident he has a high amount of skill. He can be a big time scorer, can shoot, good handles, underrated passer, and scrappy and tough on defense. Really the perfect back up PG in my eyes and we can run an ultra quick back court a times with him and Kyrie if we want. I think he could be a Lillard type.

Rozier and Grant are the top two I want but I doubt Grant will be there, and I think there is a chance Rozier could still turn out better. Justin Anderson would be my 3rd.

Strengths: A high volume scorer with a nice handle and a knack for finding open teammates, Rozier transitioned from an elite high school scorer to an important cog in Louisville’s guard rotation as a freshman ... Terry is a good 3 point shooter (.371 in 2013-14), and has the creativity and ball handling to create for himself off the dribble ... Unlike many high octane combo guards, Rozier took great care of the basketball as a freshman turning the ball over only .6 times in 18.9 minutes per game which lead to an even 3/1 assist to turnover ratio ... Known as a bit of a combo coming out of high school, this kind of care with the basketball, bodes well for more play at the point position, as his 6’2’’ frame leads a lot to be desired at the SG spot ... Terry was extremely productive in his time on the floor last season, a great rebounder for his size, he stuffed the stat sheet in a supporting role putting up 14.8 ppg 6.6 rpg 3.8 apg and 2.1 steals per 40 minutes ... An explosive athlete and very quick, Terry puts forth effort defensively and his 6‘6.5’’ wingspan is a good measurement for a player his size ... Rozier also weighed in at 189 lbs at the 2014 Nike Skills Academy which is up nearly 20 lbs from his high school weight, this added muscle will most certainly help him.. .

Weaknesses: Terry’s ability to score is one of his strengths, but like many young scorers, his shot selection is still a work in progress ... His 40% FG percentage as a freshman was drug down by his scorer’s mentality ... His prowess off the dribble often leads him to settle for 2 point jumpers more than he should ... He only hit 32.2% on his 2 point jumpers during the 2013-14 season.. . Length can give him trouble when trying to shoot over taller opponents, and he shot an unimpressive 50.7% at the rim during his freshman campaign ... Rozier was almost a no show in the 2014 NCAA tournament, floundering in college basketball’s biggest spotlight averaging only 1.3 ppg in 14 mpg over the Cardinals’ 3 tourney games ... Continued development playing point is a must as his 6’2’’ 189 lb frame is very good for a point, but significantly undersized for a shooting guard ...

Overall: Terry Rozier is a promising young prospect with a great deal of upside ... He’s a very good outside shooter, ball handler, and has terrific athletic ability. He puts for effort on the defensive end and is a productive ball thief. He must improve his shot selection, and ability to finish at the rim. Although a bit of a combo, he takes good care of the ball, and 2014-15 will most likely present him with a great opportunity to play a much larger role, show his development at the point guard position, and very possibly vault his draft position.

Yeah, I like this scouting report. Haven't seen the kid play, but the described skill set is just what the doctor ordered.

Completely agreed. The fact that he went into the draft so his mom wouldn't have to work 2 jobs, makes me think the cavs would suit him real well too. He could be close to his family. He has enough talent to play in the rotation right away but the cavs will give him the best chance to grow at his own pace.

Watched Rozier play while he was at Shaker. He has come a long way, and I loved him when was at Louisville and I really think he's the type of player we need to backup Kyrie. Plus, he's big for a PG

Can't see the video since i am at the office. How's his jumper?

He was forced to take tough shots at Louisville based on their grind it out offense. He is a good outside shooter, great athlete, and tough. He could dunk when he was 5'7" and still rebounds very well. You don't get many athletes like this at the end of the 1st. Obviously, I am a fan.

I am all in on this guy.

He Is.... Steph Curry mixed with Dion Waiters and Spud Webb. This is the only way I can compare the kid.

This kid looks nice but I would take Delon Wright 6'5, better finisher and playmaker,
and an elite defender

He may be there with Wright. However you see focus and hustle in Rozier He has an good first step and the ability to score under control. He is very Dion, Parker, Curry like. The Dion in him is my worry he plays to fast for the NBA and hopefully he has the mindset to slow his game down and if he does watch out.

He Is.... Steph Curry mixed with Dion Waiters and Spud Webb. This is the only way I can compare the kid.

None of those guys share anything in common.

He may be there with Wright. However you see focus and hustle in Rozier He has an good first step and the ability to score under control. He is very Dion, Parker, Curry like. The Dion in him is my worry he plays to fast for the NBA and hopefully he has the mindset to slow his game down and if he does watch out.
Eh...Dion didn't play too fast, it was his attitude that was the problem not his skills.
He didn't want to play within the system and didn't want to take a backseat to Irving.

This kid looks nice but I would take Delon Wright 6'5, better playmaker, finisher
and an elite defender
Not opposed to Delon but the biggest knock on him is that he can't shoot. We already have Delly as our defensive PG. We need one that can create for himself and score. Especially if Kyrie is down.

Aside from Steph Curry (of course), I was trying to think of someone in the NBA he compares to...Maybe Patrick Beverley? Athletic, defensive-minded combo guard who is somewhat questionable offensively. But even Beverley posted a TS of 58% and 54% in his two years at Arkansas compared to Rozier's 50% and 51% in his two years at Louisville. I know, people argue that Louisville didn't have any better options this past year, but his shooting efficiency was bad his first year too when there were other options, and he was an old (19 yo) freshman too.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."