• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Texans' Record Watch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bornjoke

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Just like the Eagles' pick watch we had last year I was thinking we needed one this year for Houston. We own their both of their 1st and 2nd Round picks.

W9KTUDq.png

Last year they were 9-7 and won the AFC South. That was with Brock at QB and JJ Watt only appearing in 3 games.

This year Houston looks to open the year with Tom Savage as starting QB and Deshaun Watson as QB2. JJ Watt is said to be healthy and recovered from back surgery.

I'm thinking they end up 9-7 again for the 4th year in a row and the pick lands in the 18-22 range.

Where do you think they end up?

Fuck the Eagles, too.

Extremely true, fuck them. We have their 2018 2nd round pick. So we should definitely be watching them. And because Wentz is going to continue the downward spiral he had in the 2nd half of last season this season. Fuck him and his team.

7-9.

I don't expect Indy to suck as bad as last year (2 win swing), Jags played them tough both games, & road game at SEA.

In the draft threads people were massively underrating the Texans. They are pretty easily better than the Colts.

The division IMO will come down to Titans and Texans. The Texans defense is extremely good. they were able to get by with the worst QBs in the entire league last year and essentially no Watt. Brock set a record for most games in a season with over 40 attempts and under 200 passing yards.

I'm not high on Watson, but I just don't think a QB can be much worse than what they threw out last year.

Think we have to hope Tennessee takes a leap and the Texans don't land the wild card. Reasonable best case scenario I'd put at 6-10 with reasonable worst case being they win the division.

Texans I think will end up at about the same spot. I don't think Bill O'Brian can lead them to the promise Land and they will fail in the Wild Card not going to lie. So we should have a 10ish pick and a 20ish pick in the first round.

I think they go 7-9. I think the Colts improved defensively in this draft, and I expect Tennessee to win the division.

Tom Savage is not a professional quarterback, and them starting Deshaun Watson--he's going to be a turnover machine.

Oh, sportscoach:chuckle:

We have a top 5 OLine and if you look, we don't have a weak DLine anymore and if anything a lot of our upfront issues have been taken care of. Maybe I am wrong for being an optimist, but someone has to be right? I have faith this team will improve and who knows 5-6 wins isn't impossible for this squad

They get JJ Watt back and Clowney finally came into his own. Cushing is getting older but they added Zach Cunningham.

On the flip side they lost John Simon and AJ Buoye

On offense, the QB play is a complete unknown but behind Hopkins they do have a lot of developing young WR talent(Will Fuller, Jaelen Strong, Braxto Miller) Not sure what the state of their OL.

In their division the Colts and Titans should be improved. Really tough to project I could see as many as 11 wins and as few as 6

Either way, having an additional pick in the top 30 is great, whether it ends up being 11 or 26

6 wins tops
So you're saying the absolute ceiling of this team is 6 wins? They just won 9 without Watt and with the worst QB play in the league (Brock got benched for Tom Savage)

This is one of the best defensive units in the league in the worst division. What would you say their floor is if their ceiling is 6 wins

I'm just not seeing a collapse from the Texans. Their offense was pretty shit last year and they still found a way to win 9 games.

So you're saying the absolute ceiling of this team is 6 wins? They just won 9 without Watt and with the worst QB play in the league (Brock got benched for Tom Savage)

This is one of the best defensive units in the league in the worst division. What would you say their floor is if their ceiling is 6 wins

I'm just not seeing a collapse from the Texans. Their offense was pretty shit last year and they still found a way to win 9 games.
Could be wrong but I believe @Los216 was referencing @sportscoach post about the Browns winning 5-6 games if things pan out.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."