• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Thad Matta to Indiana? Maybe!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kblade

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
What do you all think the chances are that Thad goes home to Indiana and takes over sampsons job at I U. That would be so shitty for the osu fans, but we are having a down year and it could happen. Thad would be stupid to do it but he would be going to a non football dominateing school. I wouldent blame him.

Are there any links to this or anything else about it? How is it stupid? Indiana has one of the best college basketball historys and is one of the better teams in the country, how would it be stupid? And what does football have to do with it? A down year? Um no, osu is just going to be the middle of the run team that they will always be, Oden and Conley rented y'all out for a year and now they wont even make the tournament.

If anything this move makes the most sense, basketball isnt osu's #1 concern as far as sports, at Indiana, its all they got and what they focus on.

Last edited:
It would be stupid in the sense of being hated by all osu fans for leaving us to go to another big ten school, and when iu and osu meet twice a year or more then thad will be riminded of what he had. Look IU is going to be punished as well by the ncaa and i dont think thad wants to do that again. We are a middle of a road team but next year we got another 7 footer coming and in and if kofus stays then we will be awsome. Dont worry james thad wont be leaving but there is a possibility if he is shady and all about himself.

I'm sure he would want to see what kind of sanctions are handed down by the NCAA before he would even think about leaving. Its plausible that Indiana could lose 2 or 3 scholarships and not be allowed to participate in the tourney next year.

I'm so sick of this. Whenever a football or basketball coach at a high level school gets fired or resigns every other top-of-the-line coach is rumored to be headed there. Tressel has been rumored to even go to the Browns and some other places, now Matta's 3rd or 4th rumor.

He's not going anywhere.

Who says Matta wouldn't leave? Goto a school with a bigger budget, better history, and a bigger recruiting base?

OSU is not a basketball school. He has had some success, even some good recruiting, but there is no debate, Indiana is a much better school to be at FOR BASKETBALL.

I dont know if he has any ties to the school or not, but they would be foolish not to look at him if he did.

All the talk of him leaving is pre-mature anyway, they wouldn't be allowed to speak to him til after teh season anyway.

Another 7 footer....ok.....they still wont be as good as any top tier talent in the Big 10. Middle of the road early exit team is pretty much the extent for osu basketball, unless someone rents them out for another year like Oden.

We have two five star recruits coming in including a top 15 recruit in Buford. They'll go with Lauderdale, Diebler and Turner along with possibly Pryor, who will be there for 3 years for sure. Matta's one of the best recruiters in the nation for what OSU is known for.

That 7 footer we are getting is the # 2 player in the country....We are having another great class. Btw didnt he already have the chance to got to IU before sampson was hired?

Sean Miller will get the job in my opinion.

Thad isn't going to want to walk into a program that is going to be under suspension again.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."