• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The 2013 NBA Finals Thread (Spurs vs Heat)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will win the NBA Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
The 2013 NBA Finals

9b8x2t.gif
2s9642v.png
2cn9x7p.gif

San Antonio Spurs against the Miami Heat

Spurs Stats ------ Heat Stats
4-0 in the NBA Finals ------ 2-1 in the NBA Finals
16-6 in actual NBA Finals games ------ 10-7 in actual NBA Finals games
Champions in 99, 03, 05 and 07 ------ Champions in 2006 and 2012

Game 1 -|- June 6th, 9:00PM ET. -|- San Antonio Spurs @ Miami Heat
Game 2 -|- June 9th, 8:00PM ET. -|- San Antonio Spurs @ Miami Heat
Game 3 -|- June 11th, 9:00PM ET. -|- Miami Heat @ San Antonio Spurs
Game 4 -|- June 13th, 9:00PM ET. -|- Miami Heat @ San Antonio Spurs
Game 5* -|- June 16th, 8:00PM ET. -|- Miami Heat @ San Antonio Spurs
Game 6* -|- June 18th, 9:00PM ET. -|- San Antonio Spurs @ Miami Heat
Game 7* -|- June 20th, 9:00PM ET. -|- San Antonio Spurs @ Miami Heat
*If Necessary
**All games on ABC​

Here's to hoping LeBron is swept by the Spurs again.

Gonna be a great series as a fan - it's so easy to root for the Spurs, and so easy to root against the Heat.

I voted Spurs in six, but it's probably going to be Heat in five or something like that.

So many votes for the SPURS? I hope you guys don't jinx the SPURS !!!!

This series will all depend on how much help LeBron James gets from Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

He won't be able to go 1-on-5 against a team like the Spurs, and the Spurs won't be turning the ball over like the Indiana Pacers did in the Eastern Conference finals either. LeBron will obviously be great, but if that team gets little to nothing from both Bosh and Wade, Spurs will win this in 5.

That being said, I think the Heat will get more out of Wade and Bosh in the finals. I don't see them dominating, but I also don't think they don't show up. I voted Spurs in 6, just feels right.. Parker and Duncan will shine, Manu off the bench, core guys like Green hitting key shots and defending well will all play a huge factor.

Go Spurs.

Spurs should just let the Heat shoot jumpers. Let James earn his and have Wade and Spice shoot jumpers.

Heat win this easily.

Please, everyone here, please set your expectations low because the Heat ARE going to win and you'll just be really disappointed if you set yourself up to believe the Spurs actually have a chance like most of us did with Indiana. Set your expectations, the Basketball gods will not shed any light on Cleveland I'm warning you right now.

Heat in 6. No one can guard Bron. They will sleep a couple games to get the NBA some decent TV ratings, but then dominate easily for the win.

By the way, votes are public, so don't post something that contradicts your vote or you will be called out. :chuckles:

SA has caught alot of lucky breaks along the way so far.

I know people on the board love them, but they have faced a depleted Lakers squad, a GS squad riddled with injuries, and a Memphis squad that has no offensive capability and never would have been there anyway if Westbrook doesn't get hurt.

I think Lebron is going to be able to do any and everything he wants this series, and I just don't see SA beating them 4 times. The Heat are too athletic for them, even with a bum Bosh and Wade's gimpy knee.

I picked the Heat in 6 because I just don't see them losing this finals series after pulling their collective heads out vs. Indiana at the end.

Picked Spurs in 5...Heat just don't have enough scoring punch unless Bosh and Wade miraculously return to all-star form.

Chris Bosh will continue to struggle against the Spurs frontline. Wade, however, will not have Paul George or Lance Stephenson guarding him. He'll get easier looks.

That said, the Miami defense looked very vulnerable the entire series. Particularly down low. And, wouldnt you know it, the Spurs currently have the post low-post player in the game in Tim Duncan who just played a great series against a team that had a far better chance at defending him.

Duncan dominates much like Hibbert, the Spurs won't defend Wade as well as Indiana, but the difference will be Parker. If he plays like he did against Miami (and I don't see why he can't, Mike Conley and Tony Allen are about as good of defenders as you can throw at him) the Spurs win. I'll take the Spurs in 7.

I fully expect the Dream Team of Heat + Refs + Stern to valiantly triumph over the Spurs and win the coveted prize - BJ's from ESPN.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."