• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Alternate Universe 2016 Cavs Season Thread (Fictional Team)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ajz20

Draft Guru
Reaction score
So this is not healthy in any sense but I went back and created a dream scenario based on things that easily could have easily and realistically happened the past 5 years.

1st 2011 Draft Redo
We Take Irving and Jonas Valanciunas (ignore the agent stuff and just do what we planned to do)

2012 Draft We lose the coin flip to New Orleans and win the lottery. We take Anthony Davis
instead of trading up for Zeller, we keep our second rounders and take Draymond Green and Jae Crowder. we had worked out both players at some point before the draft.

2013- We are picking 10th instead of 1st because we had drafted better in this alternative world, but the poor coaching held us back so we were still a lottery team. We take local product CJ McCollum.
Pick 19 Rudy Gobert instead of Karesev

2014- We make the playoffs and go out early due to Irving battling injuries.
We take Rodney Hood just out of the lottery.

Due to the dream of coming home and Irving and Anthony Davis LBJ returns. We also ink Rondey Stuckey and Alfarouq Amino as Free Agents

2014-15 Starting Lineup Irving, James, Mcollum, Davis, Valanciunas.
Bench- Green, Crowder, Gobert, Stuckey Amino, Hood, Andy, James Jones (never tears Achillies because he plays very limited minutes.
We beat the Warriors in 6 for our first title.
at 30 we take Larry Nance Jr. In this atlernative world his father had gotten into coaching several years ago. After Byron Scott was let go, Gilbert rolled the dice and gave Nance his first head coaching gig.

March 2015-16 We are currently 51 and 7 going for the record. We win by an average of 14 a night, and also have the best dance team in the NBA during time outs We are also clear favorites to repeat. Gobert is now starting and Green is playing as the 6th man. RCF is so popular that Ben has new members filing applications to get in.
Will update the Alternative Season as time goes on if the mods decide to let this thread stay open :chuckle:

Last edited:
How did you clear enough cap space to sign LeBron to a max spot?

They would have to give Kyrie his max and Jonas as well.

Who are the other 3 players?

Byron Scott would more than likely still be the head coach in this scenario.

:abnormal:

Scenario 2: LeBron decides to come home. Stephan Curry also decides to return home and play for the Cavs. Dan Gilbert hires super scientist who discovers DNA splicing. They combine LeBrons and Steph's DNA to create super BB player Stephron LeCurry. We clone him to create a team of Stephrons. We will the NBA title from now on till eternity.

Scenario 2: LeBron decides to come home. Stephan Curry also decides to return home and play for the Cavs. Dan Gilbert hires super scientist who discovers DNA splicing. They combine LeBrons and Steph's DNA to create super BB player Stephron LeCurry. We clone him to create a team of Stephrons. We will the NBA title from now on till eternity.
Next, on X-Files...

How did you clear enough cap space to sign LeBron to a max spot?

Who are the other four players?

Byron Scott would more than likely still be the head coach in this scenario.

:abnormal:
We had not wasted cap space on Jack, and many of our young players were still on their rookie deals. Remember the Irving contract and Green contract did not kick in until the next summer after Lebron returned.

In my alternative scenario Larry Nance had gotten into coaching several years ago. Gilbert decided to role the dice and give him his first head coaching job.

Last edited:
We had not wasted cap space on Jack, and many of our young players were still on their rookie deals. Remember the Irving contract and Green contract did not kick in until the next summer after Lebron returned.

I'm pretty sure Gilbert would've spent all the cap space on aging vets to fill out the rest of the roster.

Are we forgetting about the championship before the Heat mandate?

I'm pretty sure Gilbert would've spent all the cap space on aging vets to fill out the rest of the roster.

Are we forgetting about the championship before the Heat mandate?
Gilbert had fixed his drinking problem much earlier in my alternative universe and decided to give the rebuild time ;)

5 Stephron LeCurrys, a couple Anthrew Dellaguadalas, and at least one Klayman Shumpson and/or Timodrew Mozgut.

Gilbert had fixed his drinking problem much earlier in my alternative universe and decided to give the rebuild time ;)

I can't exist in a world where my team is actually functional top to bottom.

I'm from Cleveland.

We trade JV and Green for joe Johnson and trade Anthony Davis to Minnesota for Kevin Love

We trade JV and Green for joe Johnson and trade Anthony Davis to Minnesota for Kevin Love
NO. You see in this scenario we dont destroy our future and do things the right way. That is the whole point of the fantasy.

NO. You see in this scenario we dont destroy our future and do things the right way. That is the whole point of the fantasy.

I'd much rather have Kawhi or Klay than Jonas btw.

Could you fucking imagine a Irving/Klay/James/Davis/Gobert line-up?

You realize that in you fantasy scenario . Chris Grant is still GM so no vets are brought in to help JV,Davis and Irving develop winning habits . grant would still be tanking for lottery picks. . The team would get blown up because of locker room division over Davis Eyebrow. JV's softness and Irvings inability to get them the ball on a consistent basis. .

Hoooo boy. Writing fan fiction like Twilight fangirls. This season can't end soon enough.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."