• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Andre Drummond Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RchfldCavRaised

Locker Room Presence
Staff member
Reaction score
The potential is there for Andre Drummond to be great. Already an impact big man on D.

Plays smarter than 19 already. Very measured in the way he challenges shots and attacks the offensive board pretty well.

Should have been the 2nd pick in the draft, even with the game being perimeter oriented now.

Re: The Jonas V thread

WOW!!! ANDRE DRUMMOND WILL BE GOOD QUICKER THAN EXPECTED!

Wow. We missed on a good one. Andre looks special.

Wow. We missed on a good one. Andre looks special.

Yes yes he does. Looks like he could impact the game immediately. It's only preseason though guys back away from the edge.

I really wanted a Kyrie, Kawhi Leonard, Drummond Core. :((

Drummond and Greg Monroe look like they're going to be a scary combo in a few years.

Those two could be the reincarnation of the Wallace Brothers. Eerily similar skill sets.

I can't hold out any longer. I know it's only pre-season but eat your hear outs Mudaphutters!

Drummond and TT propably would have been an amazing defensive frontcourt... Offensively though, a bad fit
But whatever, SG/SF was our biggest need...

When you have a chance to draft a 19 year old center that is already that physically imposing it trumps need when there isn't a clear cut world beater at your position of need available.

About 4 years from now Chris Grant is going to be looking at his spread sheets and advanced metrics wondering what went wrong as far as passing on this kid because his paperwork told him it was a non fit. 19 YO 6'11 270 pound centers with crazy athleticism are a fit for every team regardless of what the computer tells you.

There will be some ups and downs his rookie year, but you can just tell this kid is going to be a monster to have to deal with in a few years.

Drummond and TT propably would have been an amazing defensive frontcourt... Offensively though, a bad fit
the cavs should obv be drafting based on need given how devoid of very good young talent they were/are

the cavs should obv be drafting based on need given how devoid of very good young talent they were/are

For Byron's offense to work, yeah we drafted on need... we desperately needed another ballhandler/shot creater who can also initiate our offense

Drummond is still an offensively raw big guy who propably wouldnt have improved our offense as a whole much (Though Drummond has a soft touch and may be able to develop a consistent jump shot, showed flashes of it in summer league)

Time will tell if we made a mistake not taking Drummond, lets see how he fares against a real Nba Center, obviously everyone can have a good game against Drew Gooden and Larry Sanders defending...

But I was also shocked to see him fall to 9th on draft night, I also see huge potential in him (especially considering defense)

not a fan of the waiters pick as well. i was clamoring for drummond before the draft day, how can you pass up a center with an NBA body and an amazing athlete?

i think drafting based on need is done in the 2nd round of the draft. the cavs needs to have talent in every position except PG. take a gamble on an athletic big rather than an undersized sg who cant even shoot.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."