• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Fiesta Bowl | #3 Ohio State vs. #2 Clemson | December 31st, 2016 @ 7 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
734251c2-2552-429c-8fcc-45bdc471445a.jpg

ohiostatelogo.png
lgo_ncaa_clemson_tigers.png

#3 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-1) vs. #2 Clemson Tigers (12-1)
mHCPBMIq

Urban Meyer (165-28) vs. Dabo Swinney (87-28)
Saturday, December 31st, 2016 @ 7:00 PM EST on ESPN
Live from University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ
phoenix_580.jpg

Key Positional Matchup
HFgeVTZJ

JT Barrett vs. DeShaun Watson

SCORE PREDICTION: Ohio State 35 Clemson 28

If anyone needs tickets, I have a friend selling his. He bought them when he thought Florida State might make it, so they are good seats.

I spent much of today watching some film on Clemson. Specifically, the Louisville, FSU and Pitt games. I also just focused on the Clemson OLine and DLine.

I got the film from a youtube account "rtsportsuploads". They basically just show the plays and cut out replays and commercials and other dead time. They don't get every single play, and a lot of players they only get after the ball has been snapped, so it's hard to tell where players lined up pre snap. That said, I think I got a good picture.

- As anyone who watched OSU film would not be all that impressed with OSU's OLine, same thing with Clemson. They played about 8 or 9 guys in the 3 games I saw. Depth is key for the DLine, but continuity is better for OLine/

In the games I watched, Clemson's best OLineman was their RT #63. He's a little short for a tackle, but he was excellent in pass pro and very good at sealing the edge on running plays. However, he didn't play vs Pitt. After a little research, he got hurt vs Syracuse and has not played since. His backup played fine vs Pitt, but Pitt's scheme and athletes did not put near the stress that Louisville and especially FSU did.

Clemson's center did not stand out, which means he's probably pretty good. Their LT #75 is an intriguing player. He has prototypical size and pretty solid technique, but speed rushers can get him off balance.

The weak spot was definitely the RG #55. For whatever reason, he pulls the most out of any Clemson OLineman (although LG #51 pulls a bit). He does not move well in space. A few times he almost got ran over by Gallman or Watson as he was pulling. If Clemson faces the OSU "rushmen" package, Bosa and Holmes have a big advantage.

- Clemson's DLine is as advertised. #42 LDE is just a beast. Isaiah Prince will need lots of help. #90 and #94 in the middle are very solid. They rarely cover the center, so Elfein will probably need to help Michael Jordan a lot , both in the run game and pass pro.

One interesting trend emerged. The RDE #99 tends to try and penetrate quickly straight upfield. In doing so, he often loses contain. FSU was able to run wide with Cook and Pitt ran about 6 or 7 shovel passes to combat this.

OSU doesn't really run many shovels, but the wham/trap plays they killed Oregon with 2 years ago would be perfect for this.

http://breakdownsports.blogspot.com...o-state-inside-tight-zone-wham-vs-oregon.html

Running the veer towards #99 should be effective as well.

Watson is a turnover machine.

Offense a dumpster fire early.

Having a guy that can drill a 45 yard FG is such a massive advantage for Clemson. Durbin is probably a train wreck at this point on anything outside of 20 yards.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."