• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The media in this town/covering this team

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Triple-S

Watch the IndyCar Series on NBC
Reaction score
This is probably a broader thread than what is deserved for this particular forum (and if the mods need to, please move this to a more appropriate forum), but I've grown exhausted trying to get news and information about our respective teams from the media in this town.

I think cavs are a team that is worthy of criticism, but it feels often times during the year and in the offseason there's like this dark circle of media types in various mediums that enjoy trying to cook up "fake news" about this franchise leading to a lot of smoke where there is no fire.

I've seen similar things happen with the Browns over a great number of years, and I've seen the Indians get some negativity tossed at them even when things are going well.

My question is this. What do we do to hold these hacks accountable and how do we improve the general attitude towards the city, it's sports franchises, etc? Because with these idiots controlling the narrative it always feels like there's some impending doom about to befall the greater 330/216 area.

Last edited:
Call your congressman

Reactions: PIP
Our media is a pathetic mess. Lloyd is the one guy who seems to have sources & is able to report the facts. When with ABJ he had some restrictions. Now it seems the gloves are off. Everyone else is going for ratings or clicks.

They mostly never have sources.

They don't understand how basketball works. I bet they don't even watch.

They don't understand the legality of acquiring players. I cringe whenever I hear someone on the fan question Bird rights over and over again.

They all pile on any chance they get and it's disgusting.

Now is a time to raise questions but atleast make sense. Don't propose a Carmelo for Thompson trade and tell me it'll work (obviously won't for multiple reasons). The problem is they cater to the ignorant fan. They are the majority. Not knocking education, income, etc....they just don't know.

People go to Cleveland.com, 92.3, 850, Cavs Nation and only know what they are told. If the person producing that content doesn't know, the reader will never. Hell I just saw a Carmelo proposal on a blog from a few days ago that was rehashing what we discuss here on a daily basis (weeks late at that).

I'd love RCF to write blogs & do podcasts. It would be our jobs as RCF members to share the content as much as possible to draw in the casuals and let them know information is there and the average Joe can digest it. I'd volunteer blogs if someone could proof them lol.

This site has a higher standard than most. The content read here surpasses anything I've seen from other sites. The only difference is people share that info & it spreads.

Last edited:
Our media is a pathetic mess. Lloyd is the one guy who seems to have sources & is able to report the facts. When with ABJ he had some restrictions. Now it seems the gloves are off. Everyone else is going for ratings or clicks.

They don't understand the legality of acquiring players. I cringe whenever I hear someone on the fan question Bird rights over and over again.

Now is a time to raise questions but atleast make sense. Don't propose a Carmelo for Thompson trade and tell me it'll work (obviously won't for multiple reasons). The problem is they cater to the ignorant fan. They are the majority. Not knocking education, income, etc....they just don't know.

People go to Cleveland.com, 92.3, 850, Cavs Nation and only know what they are told. If the person producing that content doesn't know, the reader will never. Hell I just saw a Carmelo proposal on a blog from a few days ago that was rehashing what we discuss here on a daily basis (weeks late at that).

I'd love RCF to write blogs & do podcasts. It would be our jobs as RCF members to share the content as much as possible to draw in the casuals and let them know information is there and the average Joe can digest it. I'd volunteer blogs if someone could proof them lol.

This site has a higher standard than most. The content read here surpasses anything I've seen from other sites. The only difference is people share that info & it spreads.

I don't post here often, I lurk and really enjoy the knowledge of the posters on this site. This post might be the best one of I have read yet. Spot on 1000% correct. Well-done my friend!!!

It would be nice if 92.3 had ONE guy that actually does some research on, you know, sports. Any sport would do.

Stop listening to Chris Feed Me More...

It would be nice if 92.3 had ONE guy that actually does some research on, you know, sports. Any sport would do.
They all trust The Bullshit Whisperer and take his sources ??

And then there's this Dennis Manoloff guy who just says nothing every single time he talks... Terrible...

They all trust The Bullshit Whisperer and take his sources ??

And then there's this Dennis Manoloff guy who just says nothing every single time he talks... Terrible...

Theyre pathetic. I cant stomach one minute of Ken Carmen in the morning

I'd 100% commit to writing blogs for the site, as well as editing/proofing for others in my free time, and across all sports/teams.

However, if you're going to do that, and others are going to write as well you have to hold it up to a very high standard of quality. Research, statistics, back up etc.

As far as podcasts go, that would depend on how well the blogging stuff went of course. But really it is a good idea to bring more traffic to the site.

All free content obviously.

Fedor is abysmal, The Bullshit Whisperer has zero credibility, Vardon wouldn't know a basketball if it landed on his head, Bull 'n Fox are clueless the way the NBA actually works, and 850....well that speaks for itself. Lloyd is very good. They have zero sources and the thing that bugs me, they don't have a CLUE how the league works at all. They just parrot other's tweets. No research is done whatsoever.

2 to 3 weeks away. Working on some backend stuff right now.

Fedor is abysmal, The Bullshit Whisperer has zero credibility, Vardon wouldn't know a basketball if it landed on his head, Bull 'n Fox are clueless the way the NBA actually works, and 850....well that speaks for itself. Lloyd is very good. They have zero sources and the thing that bugs me, they don't have a CLUE how the league works at all. They just parrot other's tweets. No research is done whatsoever.

Fedor gets these weird random man crushes on people ranging from Jimmy Clausen to the current Golden State Warriors. Even like..loving Harrison Barnes to death.

I can recall similar sort of talking points from various people in the Cleveland media obsessing over RG3 (pre-2013/2014), and Ryan Tannehill. It's the most bizarre thing I've seen.

You get guys like Daryl Ruiter and Tony Grossi covering the Browns. Both of those guys seem like this team's bad play has broken them and left them with nothing but hate, vile, pessimism towards anything they do.

That's what drives me nuts though. No matter the team? It's always a sense of pessimism projected onto them. The "Bull" ripping on the Tribe at the beginning of the season was one thing that comes to mind. The other was the meltdown we got from the media about this Cavs team during Feb/Mar or so. 'Hammer ripping on Jabril Peppers before he's even taken a snap. There's so many more.

These people are hacks. There's a difference between being legitimately critical of a player/franchise and what I've seen the Cleveland media do. I quite frankly don't get it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."