• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The MLE

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gratefuldead

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Other than vet min, this is all the Cavs have to use. According to beat guys, Cavs value a wing most. Now, with the Aussie leaving, we will need a backup PG. We also need a big to replace Moz.

The only rumor I've even heard was Nate Duncan saying he expects Ty Lawson to be here.

Personally, I've talked myself into Lance Stephenson as another reclamation project for Lebron and Lue. I think he fits the need for a wing, plays good defense and can handle the ball as a point forward. I checked his stats from last year and was actually surprised.

NGhFoX.png

even off the bench for clips he shot a decent percentage from 3 and overall fg%

he played very well for the Grizzlies, I wonder why they didn't keep him.

he's only 25. here was his good season with Indiana:

XOV5tq.png

Don't underestimate Lebron's ability to turn guys around. JR was going to be out of the league. and was thrown in by Knicks.

The Cavs won't have access to the non-taxpayer MLE ($5.628 million) but instead will be able to use the taxpayer MLE ($3.477 million).

From Larry Coon: "This exception may be split and given to multiple players. It may be used for contracts up to three years in length, with raises up to 4.5% of the salary in the first year of the contract. Signing a player to a multi-year contract does not affect a team's ability to use this exception every year -- for example, a team can use this exception to sign a player to a three-year contract, and use it again the following year to sign another player."

Its so dumb they didn't negotiate these MLEs going up when the cap does. It really makes them close to worthless. If guys like Jamal Crawford are getting stupid money, I don't even know who takes it.

We're going to be left with cast offs or complete scrubs.

Honestly, bad actors like Lance or Lawson are best case scenarios. Those dudes might even get someone to give them money.

Hibbert is out there, so is someone like Budinger.

We are going to be picking from the island of misfit toys.

Its so dumb they didn't negotiate these MLEs going up when the cap does. It really makes them close to worthless. If guys like Jamal Crawford are getting stupid money, I don't even know who takes it.

Honestly, bad actors like Lance or Lawson are best case scenarios. Those dudes might even get someone to give them money.

Given our tax situation, it actually helps us this season.

I doubt we would be using the MMLE if it raised in proportion to the cap.

Given our tax situation, it actually helps us this season.

I doubt we would be using the MMLE if it raised in proportion to the cap.

That is an incredibly optimistic way of looking at things. :chuckle:

FYI, the MMLE doesn't have to be used in full. It can be used in part or split between players. How about that for an optimistic take on the MMLE....

What doesn't make sense is that I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a representation of the median player salary in the league, and yet it doesn't seem to actually take into account what that median would be. I get that it would be hard to make that accurate to the year, but I thought it would at least reflect the previous year rather than just being an agreed upon number.

Last edited:

Love to see Hibbert as our 4th big, at some time a 4th big will be needed. But i am hoping he has played his way into vet min, but i am getting doubtful on that.

Also wouldnt mind Lance if the front office thinks they can control him, worth the risk.

Ty Lawson doesnt fit what we want from a gurard. He is short, not a good defender, poor spot up 3 point shooter, at least average. Do we know for sure Mo's knee is done? He is the perfect backup pg for Kyrie, just need more wing players or players that can guard the 2 and 3.

I feel like Hibbert, Stephenson and even Lawson are incredibly optimistic for the mMLE. I feel like our best bet would be the TPEs at the trade deadline. Until then we should try out a few d-league, summer league, undrafted and Euro prospects. At this point we need one player from every position.

I feel like Hibbert, Stephenson and even Lawson are incredibly optimistic for the mMLE. I feel like our best bet would be the TPEs at the trade deadline. Until then we should try out a few d-league, summer league, undrafted and Euro prospects. At this point we need one player from every position.

lance and lawson are guys who bad teams dont want because they are bad locker room guys

good teams are mostly in the same boat as us with cap space.

clipps tried lance and it didnt work. lawson was bad on 2 teams and a drunk with Denver.

Hibbert will probably end up somewhere for more than we can afford.

As far as d-leauge types, we will have mcrae and probably felder on the roster.

Do we know for sure Mo's knee is done?

Windy said he's heard Mo might never play again and will need surgery. Then he said Mo picking up his option with all of this money out there basically is a guarantee Williams isn't healthy.

Windy said he's heard Mo might never play again and will need surgery. Then he said Mo picking up his option with all of this money out there basically is a guarantee Williams isn't healthy.

He looked ok in the finals and hasnt had surgery yet.

Do we have a 2nd source telling us this?

Honestly, at this point, Windy is the best source on anything Cavs. I learn more from his Hey Windy show than any other medium. I'm pretty sure when Lebron and his guys came back to town, Windy hears absolutely everything. He got a ton wrong about the Cavs in the Lebron Miami years but now, I can't think of the last thing he's been wrong on. His show is always full of inside info.

Honestly, at this point, Windy is the best source on anything Cavs. I learn more from his Hey Windy show than any other medium. I'm pretty sure when Lebron and his guys came back to town, Windy hears absolutely everything. He got a ton wrong about the Cavs in the Lebron Miami years but now, I can't think of the last thing he's been wrong on. His show is always full of inside info.

FYI, it is a known fact in here that Windy has zero inside Cavs sources anymore, thus why i am asking if anyone else has heard this.

This place is a great source of info, learn who to listen to and it will make Hey Windy secondary for Cavs Info for sure.

He's seen Dr James Andrews twice this season, so something has to at least feel wrong.

My guess is Andrews told him he couldn't damage it any further, so he played as much as he could.

If it is something like severe tendinitis, there's really no surgical options. Rest can help but the mileage on his tires just may be up.

Reactions: Lee
The Cavs won't have access to the non-taxpayer MLE ($5.628 million) but instead will be able to use the taxpayer MLE ($3.477 million).

From Larry Coon: "This exception may be split and given to multiple players. It may be used for contracts up to three years in length, with raises up to 4.5% of the salary in the first year of the contract. Signing a player to a multi-year contract does not affect a team's ability to use this exception every year -- for example, a team can use this exception to sign a player to a three-year contract, and use it again the following year to sign another player."
Thank you for the valuable info. The NBA cap rules are so convoluted, it's great having guys like you around to clarify things like this. I know a ton about MLB salary rules, but I know almost nothing about the NBA ones! I know there are some excellent websites as resources, but there's just so much info that it's hard to process it all.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."