• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The new XBOX

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marty Mar

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Xbox_360_3Q.jpg

Comes Full Circle With Xbox 360
Movies, music, downloadables. And, oh yeah, games

Believe it. We're nearing the end of the lifespan of another videogame console. This means both die-hard players and weekend warriors will soon be sacrificing hefty chunks of life to prettier, faster, cooler games, movies, music and downloadable goods that'll make your current console look about as sophisticated as an Amish buggy ride. Well it's your lucky day, here's the detailed download on what to expect from the next-generation Xbox.

xbox_wide_281x105.jpg

- The 360 plays progressive-scan DVDs, CDs, MP3s, VMA files and more
- Customizable faceplates for the 'box and "skins" for the interface screen
- Rip CDs directly to the hard drive to create custom soundtracks
- Connect to your PC (360 will streams the digital media from your desktop) and share pictures, audio, whatever with your friends
- Plug in the 360 camera peripheral for real-time video chat

Xbox-360controller.jpg

- Dozens of game-makers have signed-on to make games for 360 - look for launch titles from Microsoft, EA, Activision, THQ, Majesco, Tecmo, Sega and others
- All 360 games in high-definition with widescreen and multichannel surround sound
- Accepts four wireless controllers at once
- With Xbox Live Gold, a subscription service, multiplayer action, stats and tournaments are at your command
- Xbox Marketplace gives you downloadable levels, weapons, maps, episodic content, costumes

xbox_360_close_button.jpg

- IMB PowerPC based CPU with three cores at 3.2 Ghz apiece
- 500Mhz ATI graphics processor with 10MB DRAM
- Detachable, upgradeable 20GB hard drives
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- Built-in Ethernet port
- Built-in 802.11a, b, and g Wi-Fi
- All games support16:9 widescreen, 720p and 1080i resolution (and standard definition output)
- 48Khz 16-bit audio, 32-bit processing and over 256 audio channels

http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/xbox/console.jhtml

I want one. :thumbup:

i heard $399.99.that looks great and if any1 saw the nba video on this...it shows lebron shooting around in the streets...ill get it for u guys.

i'm getting that and the nintendo when it comes out. I had bad experiences with the PS systems even tho i'm a huge RPG fan and i love GTA i just wish the system that carrys them is good thats why i'm just gonna stick to xbox and hopefully they continue to carry it.

I really want to get one when it comes out. I'll probably end up not getting one though because im poor :(

wow that's what it's going to look like, that looks sick as hell, I might have to take a close look at this one.

I like the surround sound and the custom soundtrack, thats tight.

Man, 399 is a rip. Just play PC games for all that mumbo jumbo.

Im content with my Tiger Ninja Gaiden hand held thinger mabobber.

I might break down and get one. All depends if they come out with a bundle pack or not im not gonna pay 399 then have to turn around and pay 50 more bucks to get a game.

I wont get the Xbox, but Im getting the new playstation for sure, regardless of how much it cost.

Or I just might steal it, which ever is easier.

Specs on the xbox are gonna be hard to beat.

A Mac aka The Truth said:
I wont get the Xbox, but Im getting the new playstation for sure, regardless of how much it cost.

Or I just might steal it, which ever is easier.

Why the fuck not? Oh, u just a Sony fan boy?

Because the games on PS are better. Online is free. ALl the sports games that XBox has, PS has.

PS is coming out at the same time as the Xbox, so this will be a true test as to who is better. Xbox doesnt have a year to make their system better, like they did last time.

Thats hot.. Xbox for life.. Playstation is making a huge mistake by letting Microsoft have their system coming out a year ahead of them.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."