• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Transgender Issue

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bcort

Sixth Man
Reaction score
This has been in the news recently, with legal battles happening in a few states.

Court Overturns Virginia School's Transgender Bathroom Policy
by Tribune News Service | April 20, 2016

The 2-1 ruling, which came Tuesday afternoon, could shape the fight over House Bill 2 in North Carolina and have an impact on a lawsuit filed in March by two transgender people and a lesbian law professor.
North Carolina, like Virginia, is part of the Fourth Circuit.
The teenager who brought the case, Gavin Grimm, 16, and his attorneys argued before a U.S. Court of Appeals panel in January and adds clarity to how the appeals court plans to interpret the question of whether bathroom assignment should be based on the gender on a student's birth certificate or the gender with which a person identifies.
The federal Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights sent an opinion letter dated Jan. 7, 2015, that stated it was OK for schools to permit the provision "separate toilet, locker room, and shower facilities on the basis of sex" as long as the facilities provided for one gender were comparable to what was provided to the other. "When a school elects to separate or treat students differently on the basis of sex... a school generally must treat transgender students consistent with their gender identity.
"The Department's interpretation resolves ambiguity by providing that in the case of a transgender individual using a sex-segregated facility, the individual's sex as male or female is to be generally determined by reference to the student's gender identity," Judge Henry Floyd wrote in Tuesday's majority opinion.
In reversing the lower court in Virginia, the 4th Circuit panel said the judge had used the wrong legal standard in denying the student a request to halt the bathroom ban while his case pended in court. Grimm, whose case has brought national attention to the LGBT fight over public restrooms, was born with female anatomy, according to his court filing, but came out to in high school as a transgender male.
The Tuesday ruling also reverses a lower court ruling in which a judge agreed to dismiss the Grimm case upon request from the Gloucester County, Va., school board.
The 4th Circuit is the highest court to consider a question about whether bathroom restrictions, such as those in North Carolina's controversial House Bill 2, constitute sex discrimination and a violation of Title IX, the federal law governing gender harassment and discrimination. The decision could have reach beyond Virginia.
In response, the American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU of North Carolina, and Lambda Legal released a joint statement shortly after the ruling.
"Today's ruling makes plain that North Carolina's House Bill 2 violates Title IX by discriminating against transgender students and forcing them to use the wrong restroom at school," the organizations stated. "This mean-spirited law not only encourages discrimination and endangers transgender students -- it puts at risk billions of dollars in federal funds that North Carolina receives for secondary and post-secondary schools. House Bill 2 exposes North Carolinians to discrimination and harm, is wreaking havoc on the state's economy and reputation, and now more than ever, places the state's federal education funding in jeopardy. We again call on Governor McCrory and the General Assembly to repeal House Bill 2 and replace it with full nondiscrimination protections for LGBT people."
Gov. Pat McCrory filed a so-called "friend of the court" brief in support of the bathroom ban in Virginia.
(c)2016 The News & Observer (Raleigh, N.C.)
http://www.governing.com/topics/politics/tns-transgender-bathroom-court-virginia-overturn.html

Opinions?

I feel like women probably don't care anywhere near as much as men do, supposedly on their behalf.

Just make life easier on everyone and let the confused motherfuckers expel waste from their bodies in a room with the gender they identify with.

Another distraction issue. Meanwhile, the TPP is being forced down our throats and promises to finish the job that NAFTA started.
I don't mean it as a political issue. I mean it as a country issue.

I have some questions if anyone as dug into this in more detail (@The Oi). It seems to make sense for individuals that have had the procedures done to use the bathroom of their identity. What I'm trying to understand is the people that simply identify as the opposite gender. What stops someone from identifying as the opposite gender, if anything? How does allowing people of the opposite sex identifying as that gender take into account the privacy of others?

I remember the good ol' days when people would call it what it really is:

MENTAL ILLNESS

Just another example of the pussification of America.

I remember the good ol' days when people would call it what it really is:

MENTAL ILLNESS

Just another example of the pussification of America.

Already made my thoughts quite clear on this in the past.

Will never convince me that it's anything more than mental illness. Being born fucked up doesn't make it right. Just a matter of time until something we've considered a major crime/immortality etc becomes the new fad protected group.

Gonna invest in the Pedo Bear brand now. Only going to rise from here.

5y3gP.jpg

Good thing you guys all turned out "normal."

5y3gP.jpg

I personally see no difference between the idea of thinking you should be a different gender, or thinking you are 10 different people.

Mental illness.

In other words, a defect is still a defect, no matter how beautiful you think the uniqueness is.

Much ado about nothing.

If you have a vag, natural or otherwise, go to the ladies' room.

If you have a dick, go to the men's room.

You might want to identify as a man, but it makes me uncomfortable to take a shit next to a woman. That's how I feel.

Are my feelings less important than those with a mental disorder?

5y3gP.jpg

Listen, i have no problem with people who want a sex change.

Get it done, change your gender, then use the opposite restroom.

I just don't understand what it means to identify as a woman or as a man. What does that mean?

I get the gay thing, you can't control your sexual desire.

But this is such an abstract concept and is largely driven by our society's definition of what it means to be a man or a woman.

Caitlyn said that she wears dresses because it is her "natural self" being expressed. Would she stack rings on her neck if she lived in Africa?

Edit: But I don't agree with people being forced to use the restroom on their birth certificate. That is wrong.

If they get a sex change, they should use the corresponding shitter.

Last edited:
Trans people should be able to use the restroom of the gender they identify with. Bathroom laws are unenforceable, and real people would be humiliated if they were. I'm not sure why anyone should care about someone else's gender identity...

If someone is doing perverted things in a bathroom, call the police. Simply being there as a transgendered person isn't perverted imo.

Listen, i have no problem with people who want a sex change.

Get it done, change your gender, then use the opposite restroom.

I just don't understand what it means to identify as a woman or as a man. What does that mean?

I get the gay thing, you can't control your sexual desire.

But this is such an abstract concept and is largely driven by our society's definition of what it means to be a man or a woman.

Caitlyn said that she wears dresses because it is her "natural self" being expressed. Would she stack rings on her neck if she lived in Africa?

Edit: But I don't agree with people being forced to use the restroom on their birth certificate. That is wrong.

If they get a sex change, they should use the corresponding shitter.

I just don't really understand how you can accept a gay person being wired to be attracted to a person of the same sex but not accept a person's brain being wired to not be in line with their biological gender.

You're acting like this is a fashion choice for transgender men and women.

Also, nice choice on going with the National Geographic stereotype for African people. :chuckle:

Trans people should be able to use the restroom of the gender they identify with. Bathroom laws are unenforceable, and real people would be humiliated if they were. I'm not sure why anyone should care about someone else's gender identity...

If someone is doing perverted things in a bathroom, call the police. Simply being there as a transgendered person isn't perverted imo.
You understand that a lot of the issue right now is that a sexual female or male that identifies as the opposite gender without any physical change want to use the restroom of their gender identity, correct?

The argument that's been made by non-trans is that, without the law, it allows trans people to go into the opposite restroom and do some weird shit or molest people.

That argument, of course, makes no sense because the last thing a trans person (generally speaking) wants to do is draw a ton of attention to him or herself. Pretty sure that's not possible if a tranny walked into the women's restroom and whipped her dick out.

I just don't really understand how you can accept a gay person being wired to be attracted to a person of the same sex but not accept a person's brain being wired to not be in line with their biological gender.

You're acting like this is a fashion choice for transgender men and women.

Also, nice choice on going with the National Geographic stereotype for African people. :chuckle:
What do you think the solution is?

On one end, it seems to be discrimination against the person with the gender identity of the opposite sex. On the other, there are privacy concerns for everyone else.

I thought the way one school district handled it was relatively fair, letting the teen use the private bathroom (not sure if that was the teachers' bathroom or they had a separate bathroom for students). That didn't seem to work for the transgender individual.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."