• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The unofficial Obamacare thread...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maximus

BANNED
Reaction score
For those in the 41% that do not know, Obamacare is the law of the land and the government is in the process of attempting to implement it.

Kaiser-slide-8-1024-e1368285279495.jpg

Enrollment allegedly begins in about 100 days on October 1st, 2013. Full implementation kicks in on January 1st, 2014.

Still excited? Still want it repealed? Has it had any impact on you yet?

Discuss...

It is most likely going to turn into a colossal fuck up which in turn will give way to a single payer system....which is what they wanted all along.

We just had open enrollment, everything we did because it carries until July of next year was done with Obamacare guidelines.

2 weeks ago, we had Aflac come in and sign up everyone without insurance.
Very curious how this is going to go in 2 years. I'm trying to be optimistic.... but..... you know.

Most people over here have insurance... Obamacare has, though, made it so my employer must send out 1,000 Summaries of Benefits Coverage packets... to each fucking employee..

2 weeks ago, we had Aflac come in and sign up everyone without insurance.
Very curious how this is going to go in 2 years. I'm trying to be optimistic.... but..... you know.

If you signed a new package and its 2 years long it had to include the changes, so I would assume no change for you.

Count me as an individual who will no longer be filing taxes.

Tax me for not having insurance? I'll just not pay you anything.

Wouldn't they just garnish your wages if you don't pay?

23+7+12+59= 101

Even this chart is over budget and does not make sense.

I work for a health system in Oklahoma. Our republican governor elected not to set up a health insurance exchange for the state - i.e. not participating in Obamacare. What was her reasoning?

"After careful consideration, I have today informed U.S. Secretary of Health Kathleen Sebelius that Oklahoma will not pursue the creation of its own health insurance exchange," Fallin said in a press release. "Any exchange that is [health care reform] compliant will necessarily be 'state-run' in name only and would require Oklahoma resources, staff and tax dollars to implement."

"I have also decided that Oklahoma will not be participating in the Obama Administration’s proposed expansion of Medicaid. Such an expansion would be unaffordable," Fallin said. Oklahoma and seven other states have declared they won't expand Medicaid to their poorest residents, despite the fact that the federal government will pay the full cost from 2014 to 2016, then scale back its share until it reaches 90 percent in 2022 and beyond. When the Supreme Court upheld the health care law in June, it ruled that states could opt out of the expansion.

So basically, her point was that it would cost the state a lot of money to run and taxes would need to be increased to run the program.

A large portion of the patients we treat don't have insurance to begin with. We are a non-profit, Catholic health system so we never turn anybody away. With Obamacare going into effect, we are going to get a lot less reimbursements through Medicare/Medicade or whatever. So our CEO let us know that in order to maintain services, we were going to have to do a 4% reduction in work force. That has taken place and thankfully I made the cut, but my director who I've worked with for over 15 years lost his job. That's got to really be tough - he was probably in his mid-50s and figured he would retire here.

We are also going to be merging with a larger national Catholic health group to help stay afloat. Change can be scary, but this actually looks like a positive for me because I'll be able to apply the skills I have across multiple different health systems and now have a career path rather than just going into management again.

I'm pretty excited that I'll be able to work and buy coverage. Shit I have not worked a tax paying job since like 97.

X don't you get a refund every year?

Yes, but not much of one because I'm smart enough not to give the gov't a free loan every year.

As for garnished wages, I'll just go back to working under the table aka, selling more dope than you've seen.

Meh. Already have health insurance, and I doubt this has any legitimate impact on the company I work for, at least that I'd see on my end.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."