• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Windhorst Tracker - (Shaq for Ben and Sasha?)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Brian Windhorst update on the deadline

I feel like Shaq would be a desperation move, just my opinion :dunno:

If we are looking to cash in next season when teams might start selling off pieces for the 2010 offseason, Ben might be more valuable because it would be easier to match up salaries.

The Windhorst Tracker

Everybody's favorite Cavalier reporter seems to be on the trail today and will be updating rumors on a regular basis today..

So to keep track of that, here's the following links:

Brian Windhorst WKNR Podcast (2/19)

Cleveland.com Brian Windhorst Chat

Brian's Trade Deadline Blog

LATEST:

Cavs being exetremely active going down to the wire, talking serious about Shaquille O'Neal
by Brian Windhorst/Plain Dealer Reporter
Thursday February 19, 2009, 11:28 AM

TORONTO -- From the people around the league I am talking to today, the Cavs are one of the most aggressive teams at this point. They are convinced that they have an advantage as a buyer and do not want to let a chance slip past as teams everywhere are looking to sell.

Several reliable sources have told me they have offered Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic (only $1 million guaranteed) for Shaquille O'Neal. The Suns may want to keep Amare Stoudemire but now have abandoned their plans to play slow down and Shaq is in the way. Also, it would save them millions next season because Wallace's contract actually decreases next season and Pavlovic is not fully guaranteed.

This would be a massive transition for the Cavs, not exactly the sort of deal that doesn't alter the chemistry. I have no idea what it would do to the lineup but I do know Shaq has four championship rings, is having an All-Star season, has an expiring contract next year and has an excellent relationship with LeBron.

Over the last few days I've had people throw water on a lot of potential Cavs moves. This one, though, seems to be getting traction right now.

Also, the Cavs are re-freshing talks for Richard Jefferson to see if the Bucks will bite. The latest I heard was that Milwaukee is hoping for a better offer elsewhere.

Stay tuned.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/02/cavs_being_hugely_active_going.html

B-WEEZY ON THE TRACK!!!

opt_windhorst_070419.jpg

:chuckles:

I feel like Shaq would be a desperation move, just my opinion :dunno:

If we are looking to cash in next season when teams might start selling off pieces for the 2010 offseason, Ben might be more valuable because it would be easier to match up salaries.

I like the idea of having Shaq but I don't like giving up Big Ben and Sasha to get it done. That totally messes with the chemistry of the team.

So he said Ben and Sasha for Shaq being discussed?

Shaq would be a HUGE addition literally...although do wonder how the team would react to playing with a real post presence. Pick n pop with Bron and Z, Pick n roll with Bron and Shaq.

Pretty damn scary on offense...defense....bit worrisome. Who guards Rashard Lewis, Garnett, etc?

Wally + Snow is the only way I'd like to get Shaq. Otherwise, no thanks.

Re: The Windhorst Tracker

If we could somehow get Shaq and Richard Jefferson...wow, uber steal.

I hope we can pull something off with the Bucks for RJ. I think Shaq will change the total dynamic of this team, and i'm not sure it would be in a good way.

I like the idea of having Shaq but I don't like giving up Big Ben and Sasha to get it done. That totally messes with the chemistry of the team.

I agree it would take a little time to build up the chemistry again be we need a big man that can score and Shaq is just that. I'm sure that we would also be looking into moving Wally's contract to add another piece along with this.

I like the Idea of pairing up Z with AV and Shaq with JJ. This would give us the best frontcourt rotation in the league... by far!

The interesting part about the Shaq trade is that we would still have Wally's contract to still move...

If we can get Shaq for Ben and Sasha then get Washington desperate enough to go Caron Butler for Wally that would probably make everyone happy.

So he said Ben and Sasha for Shaq being discussed?

Yes, here is what he said...

"Several reliable sources have told me they have offered Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic (only $1 million guaranteed) for Shaquille O'Neal."

I think we could get Shaq for much less like Wally and snow like someone else had mentioned.

The interesting part about the Shaq trade is that we would still have Wally's contract to still move...

Which, Windy alluded to, would be for Jefferson, possibly.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."