• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

This might well be the end, and it truly would suck. But, it was all worth it!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Red Viper

I never freeze!
Reaction score
The best and most happiest moment of my life.

2016%20NBA%20Finals%20Cleveland%20Cavaliers%20Championship.jpg

Great picture! Thanks for posting that, man.

(Did Moe Williams really win a championship with us? Holy shit...)

Great picture! Thanks for posting that, man.

(Did Moe Williams really win a championship with us? Holy shit...)

He sure did. that was part of the magic of 2016. Everything really felt like a fairytale. The only thing that remotely sucked about it was Varejao signing with Golden State.

But that was a nice way to close the circle of the dreams deferred...

Yes, it was great. The last four years have been amazing.

The problem I have is, it didn't have to end. The incompetence and stupidity of how the Kyrie Irving situation was mishandled, the inability to respond to the Warriors getting Kevin Durant...the front office threw it away when a competent organization could have saved the situation.

It has been a great run but not sure people see the potential of what was thrown away here. With a good organization planning for the future, we could have had five more years of greatness. We could have had Lebron and Kyrie leading us to further contention and then a glide path to a rebuild instead of possibly decades of wandering in the NBA wilderness.

We'll see if they can pull something out of a hat now but I am not optimistic.

The past few years Vegas had the Cavs as always the clear favorite as to where Lebron would resign each year. Now today Vegas has the Lakers and 76ers the favorites as to where Lebron will sign. Cleveland is the 7th team at +7000. So that means if you were to wager or bet $100 that Lebron would resign with Cleveland and he did, you would win $7,000 on a $100.00. Somebody knows something, and it certainly doesn't look good at all for the Cavs. Sorry to say

It’s a shame the demise of the team was completely avoidable if the idiot owner would have stopped meddling with the front office and just retained griffin. Who was the only person who could reach kyrie. He wouldn’t have done that stupid Boston deal either.

It’s a shame the demise of the team was completely avoidable if the idiot owner would have stopped meddling with the front office and just retained griffin. Who was the only person who could reach kyrie. He wouldn’t have done that stupid Boston deal either.

This is SPOT ON. I will always say Dan was a great owner in spending the money to get the roster set, however he truly butchered the front office over the year. You can't let David Griffin go no matter what. Now isn't it ironic, LBJ probably will go to the 76ers and Griffin is the leading candidate to be the GM for the Sixers. Two middle fingers would be to Gilbert if that happened. Ouch

The past few years Vegas had the Cavs as always the clear favorite as to where Lebron would resign each year. Now today Vegas has the Lakers and 76ers the favorites as to where Lebron will sign. Cleveland is the 7th team at +7000. So that means if you were to wager or bet $100 that Lebron would resign with Cleveland and he did, you would win $7,000 on a $100.00. Somebody knows something, and it certainly doesn't look good at all for the Cavs. Sorry to say

i still don't see why the lakers are so high. i'd say he has a better shot of winning a title with a retooled cavs team than going to LA with PG, unless they bring someone else with them

I would agree with this if Griff just wanted a pay raise to come back in the same role as GM. The problem is that wasn't the case, he wanted the raise, a promotion to probably team President, and more power.

Yes he help win us a championship in 2016 but after that I don't think you can say he made the proper moves and adjustments till he was let go. His answer to repeat for a championship when the opposing team added Durant was to let Delly go, trade for Dunleavy with a bad back, trade a future 1st round pick for Korver when Dunleavy didn't work out, and then bank on the buy out market to fill our needs which resulted in Deron Williams and Derrick Williams.

It's not like Team President is a position that every NBA team has either, only the select few have it for the few that warrant that title. After that year and the team losing in the finals 1-4, it was dumb for Griff to demand it. If you did that in the business world, you probably have a job lined up to take and you come to your current boss with nothing to lose.

Last edited:
i still don't see why the lakers are so high. i'd say he has a better shot of winning a title with a retooled cavs team than going to LA with PG, unless they bring someone else with them

Oh I'm with you. I think the same thing. Lakers I would think would be one of the last places unless he's going to get both Chris Paul and George, but even then I don't know if that takes down the warriors? Have you noticed all former NBA players are all stating he should stay in Cleveland like we think. Grant Hill, Barkley, Webber, and Kobe all think he should stay. The roster isn't as bad as the national media is portraying. But that's the media for you. I hope like hell he stays, he should. The Cavs could make a few moves and get another player here to play with him

Last edited:
I would agree with this if Griff just wanted a pay raise to come back in the same role as GM. The problem is that wasn't the case, he wanted the raise, a promotion to probably team President, and more power.

Yes he help win us a championship in 2016 but after that I don't think you can say he made the proper moves and adjustments till he was let go. His answer to repeat for a championship when the opposing team added Durant was to let Delly go, trade for Dunleavy with a bad back, trade a future 1st round pick for Korver when Dunleavy didn't work out, and then bank on the buy out market to fill our needs which resulted in Deron Williams and Derrick Williams.

It's not like Team President is a position that every NBA team has either, only the select few have it for the few that warrant that title. After that year and the team losing in the finals 1-4, it was dumb for Griff to demand it. If you did that in the business world, you probably have a job lined up to take and you come to your current boss with nothing to lose.

Hiw would him being president/gm be any different than him just being gm? Really nothing. It’s just a title upgrade. Maybe he’d be able to change popcorn prices but he would still have the same power he had before with Gilbert as the only person he answers to. Which wouldn’t have changed. Sure he made some mistakes with contracts and a few role players here and there but he was fantastic at managing egos. Which is what this team needed.

Hiw would him being president/gm be any different than him just being gm? Really nothing. It’s just a title upgrade. Maybe he’d be able to change popcorn prices but he would still have the same power he had before with Gilbert as the only person he answers to. Which wouldn’t have changed. Sure he made some mistakes with contracts and a few role players here and there but he was fantastic at managing egos. Which is what this team needed.

I agree he was good at managing egos and I wanted him back too. It was reported he wanted more power and the way he talks on podcasts he sees himself as a Pop or Pat Riley type. He compares himself as the stability of those two. We don't know what exactly he asked for in terms of power but if you look at Pop and Riley they have full control of the organization and you rarely hear anything from the owner.

I know some people want Gilbert to step back and just let a guy like Griff run all the decision making which I get from a basketball perspective. The thing is the reason Gilbert is willing to go into the luxury tax and foot such a expensive roster is he feel he is part of the decision making process. Take that away and maybe Gilbert isn't such a generous owner.

Last edited:
Yes, it was great. The last four years have been amazing.

The problem I have is, it didn't have to end. The incompetence and stupidity of how the Kyrie Irving situation was mishandled, the inability to respond to the Warriors getting Kevin Durant...the front office threw it away when a competent organization could have saved the situation.

It has been a great run but not sure people see the potential of what was thrown away here. With a good organization planning for the future, we could have had five more years of greatness. We could have had Lebron and Kyrie leading us to further contention and then a glide path to a rebuild instead of possibly decades of wandering in the NBA wilderness.

We'll see if they can pull something out of a hat now but I am not optimistic.

How do you let a new GM pick up the phone with Danny Ainge..

Just killed us.

Ball, Ingram, Randle, and Kuzma are a pretty solid young core. Lopez is a good vet at center. Add Lebron and PGIII to that and I think it's better talentwise than what we would be able to surround him with here.

The problem is that Ball Ingram Randle Kuzma have shown good regular season results for their age/experience but are totally untested in pressure situations (less than the Sixers) and Lopez is a solid vet but not great. So it's very far from a slam dunk.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."