• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trade Deadline - Feb 8 at 3:00 EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TitleTown

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We're less than a month away from the deadline. We look horrible. So, if you were Altman and had a last minute chance to rebuild the team, which players are your "keepers" and which players would you have "on the block" for discussing trades with other teams?

Here's my list:

Keepers
LBJ
Love
Wade
Green
Korver
Cedi
Frye

On the block:

IT (only to hear offers and see if there's interest...why not?)
Crowder
JR
TT
Shumpert
Rose
Calderon
Zizic

You do know this thread is going to erupt with the craziest Bomb trades ever?

Everyone is on the block at all times.
Even LBJ. (Of course the return would have to be incredible)
Who knows what ridiculous trades you could get for any player?
GMs always have to keep their lines of communication open.

Push comes to shove id add cedi into a DJ deal. TT plus cedi and a first. We’re gonna be competing with Milwaukee for him and LA isn’t gonna just give him to us for a late first round pick. Theyd be better off resigning him and reevaluating next deadline then to just take TT and our first.

We suck. I'd rather talk about this then our 57 problems that Lue can't fix (because he's a moron). Besides, it's nearing the trade deadline. We have threads of this nature in Cavs Talk every year.
Perhaps I should have referenced the "Bomb Cyclone" because I was being humorous when I thought about that.
Actually Lue could fix some of them if he'd take his head out of where ever he plants it sometimes and be more creative and flexible.

I know the Cavs suck...I couldn't watch that mess last night..
How many of these guys they can upgrade will be a issue ..plus we really won't get a real window until this month is gone.
I am curious about some of the rumors I have heard which I'm sure others have also.

I still think the biggest need is a two way SG or combo guard that can defend PGs. I'm still hoping Detroit falls off and Avery Bradley becomes available.

JRs up and down play paired with Korver's shortcomings on the defensive side, we need someone to lock down the SG position. Add to that we need someone to cover for IT and at some point we need to figure out a defense first unit. JR, Shump, and TT have all regressed, we just need new players and roll the dice.

We're less than a month away from the deadline. We look horrible. So, if you were Altman and had a last minute chance to rebuild the team, which players are your "keepers" and which players would you have "on the block" for discussing trades with other teams?

Here's my list:

Keepers
LBJ
Love
Wade
Green
Korver
Cedi
Frye

On the block:

IT (only to hear offers and see if there's interest...why not?)
Crowder
JR
TT
Shumpert
Rose
Calderon
Zizic
I like your list but i would add Cedi as well. I think he is good and will be really good in the future but personally I feel like the Cavs should be in win now mode and if Cedi is included to bring in the first defensive player for the Cavs you gotta do it.

Reactions: MrX
I still think the biggest need is a two way SG or combo guard that can defend PGs. I'm still hoping Detroit falls off and Avery Bradley becomes available.

JRs up and down play paired with Korver's shortcomings on the defensive side, we need someone to lock down the SG position. Add to that we need someone to cover for IT and at some point we need to figure out a defense first unit. JR, Shump, and TT have all regressed, we just need new players and roll the dice.
How do you feel about Alec Burks? I'm from Utah so I see them quite a bit and this guy is perfect for the Cavs and the Jazz are 100% going to drop an SG because they have too many good ones. However, I do disagree that a combo SG is the biggest need. I would say it is second behind a Defensive BIG.

I do think the most likely scenario is us looking into some kind of TT & draft pick for DeAndre Jordan deal.
I still believe LAC is going to hover around #8/#9 enough to keep Deandre. If not, good for us, we can pair Zizic + Our 1st + atleast one unfavorable contract (praying for two) and nab Jordan & maybe another player.

I think Bazemore + Deadmon is still the most realistic scenario.

I think that we are in the exactly moment where you have to decide what to do, if you want to go all in for real or not. Trying to get DJ+Lou Williams giving the BNK pick +TT+someone else wouldn't be bad but not even a great move, I mean for sure they would be an upgrade but I don't know if they can really help us defensively speaking. So you know, using the pick for something like that would be a big risk. That's the other problem...you can be able to trade the pick but I don't see a big avaible in this moment of the season...Cousins? George? They won't be traded...who else? It's not an easy scenario even if we want to risk everything.

If we can find something like Bazemore-Deadmon (Belinelli as well why not, I'm Italian :D) using our pick, wouldn't be a bad move especially if you throw away some bad contracts. So yeah, I'd make this move in absence of something better.

Trade every one except
Love
LBJ
Wade
Cedi
Frye
Korver
The first one that we have to trade is IT then TT!
IT with our crappy defense is awful..., it simply won’t work with his inexistent defense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."