• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trade the 8th pick? Where? Why? How?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

chuck0609

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Teams on my blow up screen: Toronto, Washington, Portland, and my sleeper- Minnesota.

Will trade the pick for guys on these teams.

Charlotte and Memphis- but I may likely would not trade the pick for Walker. Memphis? eh. I would be open to a protected future one if LBJ stays.

Teams on my blow up screen: Toronto, Washington, Portland, and my sleeper- Minnesota.

Will trade the pick for guys on these teams.

Charlotte and Memphis- but I may likely would not trade the pick for Walker. Memphis? eh. I would be open to a protected future one if LBJ stays.

Mind if I move this to a new thread? I believe it's a good conversation but it deserves it's own thread separate from the analysis of prospects.

I'm not necessarily sure about what we should do with the pick if I had to make the decision. But, if we keep the pick I would have to trade Love. The guy is one of my favourite players, personality wise. But I do not think he can be our second best player. We need a guy who can get his own, like Kyrie. I would really like having a player such as Paul George here, who is able to score on his own as well as defend (especially defend KD).

Whether LeBron stays or goes, I see keeping the pick as our best course action.

With that said, Portland would be my primary focus as a trading partner. I think McCollum is gettable and a great fit alongside LeBron.

I'm not necessarily sure about what we should do with the pick if I had to make the decision. But, if we keep the pick I would have to trade Love. The guy is one of my favourite players, personality wise. But I do not think he can be our second best player. We need a guy who can get his own, like Kyrie. I would really like having a player such as Paul George here, who is able to score on his own as well as defend (especially defend KD).

Yeah, Love is certainly going to have value in the league, but he will be turning 30 in September. I don't see a team that is rebuilding for the future interested in Love. His market would be emerging teams who believe they can compete with Golden State right now, and that isn't a long list. I believe it's more likely that the Cavs pursue somebody who can create from the perimeter in addition to keeping Love, who at this point has a very team friendly contract. George Hill only makes three million less a year.

Mind if I move this to a new thread? I believe it's a good conversation but it deserves it's own thread separate from the analysis of prospects.

Absolutely. Sorry if I put it in the wrong spot.

Absolutely. Sorry if I put it in the wrong spot.

No worries at all. I just see potential trades as legitimately possible. Many posters are obsessed with trade scenarios and approval of their potential trade scenarios... That's how it always has been. Just need to keep a few discussions separate from that.

Yeah, Love is certainly going to have value in the league, but he will be turning 30 in September. I don't see a team that is rebuilding for the future interested in Love. His market would be emerging teams who believe they can compete with Golden State right now, and that isn't a long list. I believe it's more likely that the Cavs pursue somebody who can create from the perimeter in addition to keeping Love, who at this point has a very team friendly contract. George Hill only makes three million less a year.

I would lean on keeping Love, as he is an excellent complimentary player to Lebron's skillset, with an eye on adding a player that can create. I agree that he may not provide a ton in return.
Obviously Paul George would be a great fit with Lebron, but a buddy of mine said there was a little twitter drama with Karl Towns liking a tweet with him in a Suns uniform. If he wants out, what sense does it make for them to keep Jimmy Butler?
The Wizards played better WITHOUT Wall, will they keep him and Beal together? The Portland guys (Lillard and McCollum). D Rozen from Toronto would look good here too.

I would look for a trade down scenario if possible from #8. The clippers have said they are looking to move up. #12, #13, and DeAndre Jordan might be too much to ask for #8 but I don't think Deandre's value is that high and the clippers know that. I think we give up #8, TT, and filler.

From there I would try to package 12 and 13 to get another star. Would Charlotte bite on 12 and 13 for Kemba and a bad contract or two that isn't Batum?

I would look for a trade down scenario if possible from #8. The clippers have said they are looking to move up. #12, #13, and DeAndre Jordan might be too much to ask for #8 but I don't think Deandre's value is that high and the clippers know that. I think we give up #8, TT, and filler.

From there I would try to package 12 and 13 to get another star. Would Charlotte bite on 12 and 13 for Kemba and a bad contract or two that isn't Batum?
Eh. So then we're paying 30-year old DeAndre the max and handing out max contracts to Kemba and Love in a year? Not a bad team around LeBron but that sort of deal was available at the trade deadline and we took a separate direction.

I'd aim bigger than that.

Eh. So then we're paying 30-year old DeAndre the max and handing out max contracts to Kemba and Love in a year? Not a bad team around LeBron but that sort of deal was available at the trade deadline and we took a separate direction.

I agree I should try to aim for more. I believe Deandre can be had for cheap and could be a nice added piece to round out the starting lineup.

I think we have to hope that Paul George wants to come here and we can do a opt in and trade or sign and trade for him.

Would anyone take back Chandler Parsons with the #4 in exchange for #8 plus filler. Devil in the detail being the filler (JR + Clarkson?).

Exactly.. If we did something like that when we could have easily done that before the trade deadline and have DJ or Kemba right now for the playoffs then I would fire Koby immediately.. I would really be pissed.

Exactly.. If we did something like that when we could have easily done that before the trade deadline and have DJ or Kemba right now for the playoffs then I would fire Koby immediately.. I would really be pissed.
I mean if it is the right move, and it's certainly debatable, I'd rather we eventually get it right than to never at all.

I think we're only 3-1 dogs in the finals if we get there. We would be significantly better with those guys

The hard part for me is if you move Love for basically anyone other than Paul George, we are left with a big hole at PF. That's why a clippers trade down is appealing to me, we might be able to fill other positions via trade and keep #12 or #13 to draft a player to slot in as our PF. The draft has depth at the forward positions and we might be able find a more appropriate player in the draft than in trade.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."