• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trent Richardson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KCOTT

OSU Alum
Reaction score
He's the most confusing pick to me right now in my upcoming fantasy league drafts. I took Adrian Peterson his rookie year in one of the later rounds and he carried my team all the way through the playoffs. Easily the steal of the draft that year. I feel like Trent could actually be worthy of a first round pick, but part of me is worried just because you never see a Browns player do so well, enough to be drafted in the first or second round. Part of me is also going to be pissed if I do pass him up and he ends up being picked by someone else and he tears it up. Luckily for me, I'm playing in a few leagues where I'm the only Clevelander, and it seems like in most pre-draft discussions, his name isn't even coming up. Maybe they are thinking about him but keeping him on the low to hope he falls to them. Yahoo! does have him ranked #11 though.

Thoughts?

I think before his knee situation he was worth a top 10 pick to most people in their drafts. But after that he fell a little bit.

With him expected to return week 1, nobody knows if A) he'll be 100 percent, or B) able to even play in the opener.

With all that said, I believe he'll be fine for week one and in the starting running back role. Where do I rank him? Top 10. He's going to get the football a lot because he's the Browns' best playmaker, and he's also a game changer. Running backs often get hurt throughout the year, so taking anybody early to lead your team is a risk, but if you want a running back in the 1st and guys like Foster, Ray Rice, Jones-Drew are gone.. I'd heavily consider Richardson here.

I also wouldn't rule out Adrian Peterson this year.. People are ranking him low because he's coming off his knee surgery. But Peterson is one of those players who fights to get back to 100 percent, and works hard week in and week out. Don't sleep on him.

Shurmur said that his touches will be limited to about 20-25 per game...combined. so about 20 runs and 5 catches...

He's the most confusing pick to me right now in my upcoming fantasy league drafts. I took Adrian Peterson his rookie year in one of the later rounds and he carried my team all the way through the playoffs. Easily the steal of the draft that year. I feel like Trent could actually be worthy of a first round pick, but part of me is worried just because you never see a Browns player do so well, enough to be drafted in the first or second round. Part of me is also going to be pissed if I do pass him up and he ends up being picked by someone else and he tears it up. Luckily for me, I'm playing in a few leagues where I'm the only Clevelander, and it seems like in most pre-draft discussions, his name isn't even coming up. Maybe they are thinking about him but keeping him on the low to hope he falls to them. Yahoo! does have him ranked #11 though.

Thoughts?

from the sounds of things he'll likely be fine, but for those outside of Cleveland they will likely be a bit more concerned about his knee. That being said, I wouldn't take him in the 1st or high 2nd now since there is some question about his knee, but if you're picking in the late 2nd or anywhere after and he's still there I'd snag him. He could potentially be had as a 3rd RB or flex starter because of the knee scope which would be an absolute steal.

In the public league I joined I got him in the 4th, absolute steal of a pick.

He should be gone by the high 2nd round and if not, then grab him.

I am curious to see where Matthews is going.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."