• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

UFC 162- Silva-Weidman

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rich

Saucin'
Reaction score
I'm amped up for this one. I don't give Weidman much of a chance, but it seems a lot of the "experts" are. I'm not sure if that's just sort of wishcasting, hoping someone can finally challenge Silva and make it more exciting, or if they legitimately believe Weidman can win. I'm in the "have to see Silva lose before I believe he can lose" camp. Either way, gonna be a good night.

I'm always amped for Silva fights, at least when they put him up against people who aren't total bums. Been looking forward to this one for a while.

I....have no words. Did not see that one coming.

9.gif

Word around the back is Silva bet on himself to lose.

Im throwing shit on the wall, but I believe in this shit.

The speech said it all.

What a stupid thing to do. He's known for clowning guys and I hate him for it. Congrats to Chris Weidman, undefeated young champ.

I'm not too sure that last punch would really knock him out, but maybe he's showing signs of age.

Anyways, I've always been a Silva fan like everybody, but Jon Jones is the greatest fighter I have ever seen.

Had about 20 friends over to watch this debacle and let me just say...Jon Jones has more respect for this sport, the fans, and himself than to go out there like that and put out a horseshit performance like that.

That was pathetic, it's one thing to go out there and be cocky, get caught, and lose. To hop up and say you DON'T want a rematch and you're done and it's been real and etc.......

Does not sit right with me and Dana should be pissed. You can't have main events where guys essentially throw the fight. I always imagined what it would be like to see Silva defeated and I never thought it'd come by his own doing. Absolutely disappointed, hats off to Weidman just wish it was a more convincing victory where we weren't left saying...that's it?

He always does this. I do not think he bet himself to lose in this one. He was just caught. If you pull that kind of shit a million times there will always be that one moment when you will regret it.

Yea, this has always been Silva. He's always talked about how he's kind of bored with the sport and doesn't really care all that much. This isn't really new, except the losing part.

Definitely wasn't rooting for Silva to lose but to see him get caught after taunting/talking shit the whole fight was great.

I have watched a lot of stuff on Silva, the guy is naturally gifted, but you can tell he has zero desire outside of shutting people up to last much longer. I truly believes he just wants to go home and call it a day and put the sport behind him and stay with his family. He hates being in America away from Brazil, he hasn't had a true training camp in years from what I had read.

I think he has been trying to give every opponent a chance to beat him before he took over the match, he got extremely lucky back with Sonnen in the first match. He played with a couple guy after that, and finally last night it caught up with.

I absolutely believe that he is done.

Just like Fedor, once a fighter loses that desire and motivation their career is done for.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."