• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Upcoming games

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walter White

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don't think we have a general upcoming games thread, so I'll make one.

Here is the trailer for the new Battlefield. I've been a big fan until the last ones. Battlefield 4 I never played much. And I never played Hardline. Having to buy the DLC is kind of what killed it for me. I loved the Vietnam dlc on Bad Company 2, so hopefully this new Battlefield in the WWI setting can bring me back.

Last edited:
Overwatch out on May 24. Been playing on beta and it's RIDICULOUSLY fun.

Excited for Uncharted 4.

Oh, and the next Battlefield looks amazing. Apart from the people who pick up the new one for the remastered Modern Warfare, Call of Duty is about to get slaughtered in sales.

Overwatch out on May 24. Been playing on beta and it's RIDICULOUSLY fun.

It kind of feels like TF2 and a crappy MOBA had a baby. Parts of it are really fun, but parts of it are really annoying. I hate the win button, for example, especially since certain classes get amazingly powerful ultimates and others get borderline useless ones. If you ultimate meter reset when you died it'd be one thing, as it would reward players for staying alive and racking up killstreaks, but the fact that dying has no effect on it is a little ridiculous, especially for characters like McCree and Soldier 76 who get autoaim and instant kills with theirs. If you hear "it's high noon" and there's no cover nearby, well, you're fucked, and through no skill from the enemy.

I don't think we have a general upcoming games thread, so I'll make one.

Here is the trailer for the new Battlefield. I've been a big fan until the last ones. Battlefield 4 I never played much. And I never played Hardline. Having to buy the DLC is kind of what killed it for me. I loved the Vietnam dlc on Bad Company 2, so hopefully this new Battlefield in the WWI setting can bring me back.

I thought battlefield 4 was fantastic. I still play it quite a bit.

I'm really looking forward to battlefield 1 though. This will be the first time a triple a developer has visited world war 1. There is a lot of really cool stuff to explore in this setting. Modern warfare has dominated fps games since 2007. It just didn't make sense to come out with yet another battlefield set in modern times.

This will keep battlefield 4 alive as well which I'm happy about. A battlefield 5 in a modern setting would see everybody abandoning 4 which is in a very good place with all the updates dice has been applying to it.

I really hope dices gamble pays off here because first person shooters need a shot in the arm.

It kind of feels like TF2 and a crappy MOBA had a baby. Parts of it are really fun, but parts of it are really annoying. I hate the win button, for example, especially since certain classes get amazingly powerful ultimates and others get borderline useless ones. If you ultimate meter reset when you died it'd be one thing, as it would reward players for staying alive and racking up killstreaks, but the fact that dying has no effect on it is a little ridiculous, especially for characters like McCree and Soldier 76 who get autoaim and instant kills with theirs. If you hear "it's high noon" and there's no cover nearby, well, you're fucked, and through no skill from the enemy.
Mcree is also vulnerable in this state though if he's trying to get to greedy with lining up shots. I've been killed before trying to get 4 targets.

The targeting doesn't happen instantaneously.

Overwatch is amazing. BF looks amazing. Rainbow Six new content seems interesting.

Hopefully this year is the death of that mainstream money milking bullshit they call 'Call of Duty'. The fighting in space is the end for me. Yeah they will suck us back in with CoD4 but enough is enough. Fuck that franchise, I'm out.

Getting No Man's Sky, Star Ocean 5, and Final Fantasy 15. Maybe Uncharted 4.

Same deal as all of you with COD. I was praying they would go back to WW2 or some older war. Or maybe take their shot at Afghanistan or Iraq. Another space game? I think this will be the first time I pass on COD (I skipped Advanced Warfare, btw). I do love me some COD4, though. Probably one of my favorite COD's besides COD2.

What I will probably do is pick up/rent Battlefield 1 since it comes out 2 weeks ahead of COD and if I love it, keep that. If I don't like it that much, then pick up COD for COD4 and sell the new one.

I don't mind this COD but only b/c I am actually pretty good and can counter any overpowered scorestreak someone uses.

Overwatch is amazing. BF looks amazing. Rainbow Six new content seems interesting.

Hopefully this year is the death of that mainstream money milking bullshit they call 'Call of Duty'. The fighting in space is the end for me. Yeah they will suck us back in with CoD4 but enough is enough. Fuck that franchise, I'm out.
rYZOFcR.png

Doesn't look like many people are looking forward to it

I picked up Stellaris from GMG for 25% off and played it a bunch yesterday. Pretty cool strategy game. Your basic goal is to take a society just starting out with hyperspace travel and conquering the galaxy with them. I'm still in the early game content, which is largely exploring neighboring galaxies, expanding your territory, and gathering resources for the mid-game.

Probably the only thing I don't like is that all the other aliens are dicks. I've found it damn near impossible this far to establish an alliance. It might be because my government is a military despotism that is fine with slavery of other races, but this far I have done absolutely nothing to initiate conflict with any other civilizations and yet they almost all hate me. You'd think in an era of enlightened space travel civs would be more open to fostering friendships. Guess I'll just have to kill and enslave them all.

I haven't gotten there yet, but I've read the late game is awesome. Once the game sees you on the path to a victory condition, they'll throw you a curve ball like a robot uprising or invasion from another dimension to keep you on your toes. Sounds cool.

I'll have to try the game out with a more peace friendly civilization and see if diplomacy is any different.

I picked up Stellaris from GMG for 25% off and played it a bunch yesterday. Pretty cool strategy game. Your basic goal is to take a society just starting out with hyperspace travel and conquering the galaxy with them. I'm still in the early game content, which is largely exploring neighboring galaxies, expanding your territory, and gathering resources for the mid-game.

Probably the only thing I don't like is that all the other aliens are dicks. I've found it damn near impossible this far to establish an alliance. It might be because my government is a military despotism that is fine with slavery of other races, but this far I have done absolutely nothing to initiate conflict with any other civilizations and yet they almost all hate me. You'd think in an era of enlightened space travel civs would be more open to fostering friendships. Guess I'll just have to kill and enslave them all.

I haven't gotten there yet, but I've read the late game is awesome. Once the game sees you on the path to a victory condition, they'll throw you a curve ball like a robot uprising or invasion from another dimension to keep you on your toes. Sounds cool.

I'll have to try the game out with a more peace friendly civilization and see if diplomacy is any different.
I've never even heard of this game, but this interests me.

Has it been worth the buy so far?

Also does that link you shared up thread still work after the release date or was it just pre release and I'm forever doomed to regret the fact that I could have saved 10 bucks.

I've never even heard of this game, but this interests me.

Has it been worth the buy so far?

It's from Paradox, who have made a bunch of similar grand strategy games in the past. I only heard about it recently and it sounded cool and thirty bucks wasn't prohibitive.

It's PC only, in case that matters. I played it for five or six hours yesterday. I wasn't happy with my first start where I picked one of the random starting races the game gives you, so after about two hours I restarted and have enjoyed my second start where I used a custom race setting.

If you like Civilization style strategy games, I'd recommend reading some reviews and seeing if it sounds like something you'd be in to.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."