• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Very Early Season Playoff Projections and Predictions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ajz20

Draft Guru
Reaction score
Now that free agency is coming to a crawl, I figured this would be fun to do.
Predict the seeding for the playoffs, western and eastern conference finals and finals results.

West
1. Golden State
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Portland
5. Memphis
6. Utah
7. Minnesota
8. OKC (would have them higher but I think Westbrook is gone by the all star break for a young player and picks.)

WCF- Warriors over Spurs in 5 Parker now looks done by June and Warriors are just too explosive for Spurs.

East
1. Cleveland
2. Indiana
3. Toronto
4. Boston
5 Detroit
6. Milwaukee
7. Chicago
8. Charlotte

ECF_ Cavs over Pacers in 6. George and Myles both play great but Cavs with too much talent.

NBA Finals- My heart Cavs in 6. Cavs are still mentally stronger and overcome a talent gap, and Lebron and Irving play like studs and Love has a much better series.

My Head- Warriors in 6. Durant's scoring makes this team very very hard to defend plus they will very likely have home court again. Lebron a year older, and Warriors probably wont lose two home games this time. I hope my heart is stronger then my head!!!

Derrick Rose said that the expectations in New York are high because the Knicks are a "super team."

"They're high," Rose said. "I mean, with these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the super teams, and they're trying not to build that many super teams..."

Derrick Rose saying "people are saying NY and GS are the super teams."

Good luck Derrick!

Cavs will start the season poorly having a championship hangover and pick up their intensity after all star break with a midseason trade.. Gsw vs cavs in the finals with gsw leading 3-0 but the cavs ultimately prevails by winning 4 straight with irving and james being co-mvp and taking out the hearts of curry and durant.. Green implodes after game 7 and thompson checks in a mental hospital, forever destroying the goat team and lbj claims legendary status...

I'm comfortable with Cleveland and Toronto being seeds #1 and #2. The rest? Who knows.

Atlanta, Boston, Indiana, and New York have all improved from last season. At least on paper.

Brooklyn, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Washington will all be what they were last season [or better] with experience/health.

Miami, Orlando, and Philadelphia are the only teams I don't expect much from. Less so with Orlando.

The west is Golden State and everyone else.

Good luck Derrick!

Does he mean, New York, one of the many shitty super teams in the league?

i think in the east indy chicago, detroit and boston are right behind toronto then there is a big gap to the cavs.

in the west i think portland struggle compared to last year, NO get better, clips prob come in second with the warriors probably wining 65 ish games. I really hope minny make the playoffs

Problem with Minny is they have too much young talent without many serviceable vets that have won before. Luckily they have a coach who is no nonsense. That squad simply doesn't know how to win whatsoever tho.

My hope for how the Eastern Conference playoffs unfold:

Round 1 - Cleveland vs. New York, just for the pleasure of watching LeBron send Rose and Noah home again.

Round 2 - Cleveland vs. Chicago, just to see LeBron finally play Wade in the playoffs and to send the Bulls packing for a 5th time.

Round 3 - Cleveland vs. Atlanta, just to see LeBron avenge his loss to Dwight Howard and to sweep the Hawks for the 4th consecutive time.

Last edited:
Derrick Rose said that the expectations in New York are high because the Knicks are a "super team."

"They're high," Rose said. "I mean, with these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the super teams, and they're trying not to build that many super teams..."

Good luck Derrick!

Rose is right, They are "High".

i think in the east indy chicago, detroit and boston are right behind toronto then there is a big gap to the cavs.

in the west i think portland struggle compared to last year, NO get better, clips prob come in second with the warriors probably wining 65 ish games. I really hope minny make the playoffs

This may be Chris Paul's best shot to get to the conference finals. Really hoping they can pull it off, if only to get rid of the whole "Chris Paul has never made the conference finals" crap.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."