• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

W Cavaliers 106 Sixers 102 -Pre-Season

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TheAdmin

2 weeks notice
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
PRE-SEASON

cle.gif
phi.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers (3 - 2)@Philadelphia 76ers (3-1)

Thursday, October 20th, 2005
7:00pm ET
Radio : WTAM 1100
Sovereign Bank Arena, Trenton, NJ

Head Coaches

mike_brown.jpg
maurice_cheeks.jpg

Mike Brown / Maurice Cheeks

Probable Staters

Eric Snow / Allen Iverson
eric_snow.jpg
allen_iverson.jpg

Larry Hughes / Andre Iguodala
larry_hughes.jpg
andre_iguodala.jpg

LeBron James / Kyle Korver
lebron_james.jpg
kyle_korver.jpg

Drew Gooden / Michael Bradley
drew_gooden.jpg
chris_webber.jpg

Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Steven Hunter
zydrunas_ilgauskas.jpg
steven_hunter.jpg

Cleveland Cavaliers Bench

damon_jones.jpg
kelenna_azubuike.jpg
luke_jackson.jpg
donyell_marshall.jpg
alan_henderson.jpg

Damon Jones / Kelenna Azubuike / Luke Jackson / Donyell Marshall / Alan Henderson

Philadelphia 76ers Bench

kevin_ollie.jpg
deng_gai.jpg
john_salmons.jpg
lee_nailon.jpg
ime_udoka.jpg

Kevin Ollie / Deng Gai / John Salmons/ Lee Nailon / Ime Udoka​

Cavaliers Note's

* After signing 2 of the premier three point shooters last year the Cavaliers had hoped that their outside shooting problems were over. However after the first 5 preseason games the Cavaliers are still one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the league averaging an abysmal 26%.

* Drew Gooden is putting up his second consecutive great preseason. Will this be the year that he carries it over to the regular season and proves he is an elite player in this league?

* Mike Brown promises cuts will come after this game. Will Azubuike's great play outwieght the need for a third point guard?

* Snow has not earned the starting point guard spot, but Jones has done nothing to take it away from him. Will one of these two please stand up?

76er's Notes

* Can the Sixers ever get healthy? Iverson, Webber, Dalembert are questionable for tonights game.

* Allen Iverson, Chris Webber and Samuel Dalembert missed tuesdays game vs. the Knicks. Although 2/3rds of the starters did not play the Sixers crushed the Knicks 114-99, led by John Salmons(30 points) and Keven Ollie who finally lived up to his contract. John Salmons loves playing the Cavaliers as his career highs have come against Cleveland.

Keys to the Game

* Cavs point guards vs. Allen Iverson - Turn Iverson into a jump shooter. Iverson is at his best when he can penetrate and wreak havoc on slow footed interior defenses.

* With Webber and Dalembert injured/out for the game you must go to the post early and often.

Re: Cavaliers @ Sixers Oct 20th

Hard to know what will come of this game with all the injuries.

The Cavaliers are boosted with the return of James and Pavlovic which assist their perimeter woes.

Cavaliers 3rd back to back.

Look for some trialists to get some minutes before the cuts.

Point guard still up for grabs with Snow playing like last season, and Jones playing like a 10 day contract guy. Neither impressing.

Sasha and Luke continue to fight it out. Opinions differ from game to game on this pair.

I also see some extra minutes for the guys on the bubble. I would like to see more offense out of Hughes and Jones (especially Jones). I know that we can't read too much into preseason, but I'm waiting for Hughes to throw in 20 and Jones to make more than 25% of his shots.

I didn't realize until now we had a game tonight - almost explains why some did not play last night. I expect some good run out of who is left at the bottom. Hopefully Damon Jones gets the start - I am now leaning towards Snow running the second unit - with shooters like Luke and Sasha and Marshall with him. Whomever is in a groove can finish the game - Jones needs to be with the first unit to make defenses honor the 3 point arc.

I hope they show this on some TV. Actually, check that - tonight is bowling night - I'll check the scores late tonight.

jones has to show flashes of his 3pt brilliance in at least 2 of the last 3 games

same here, would like to see damon start so that there will be a balance of 3pt shooters in the lineup with damon in the starting unit and backed up by donyell, sasha and luke

Damon will be starting. Coach Brown has rotated Snow and Jones each game, so its Damons turn tonight. He has proven inneffective with both units thus far, so we should not just start him come regular season in hope for him to find his game.

Is this game going to be on television on Direct TV?

Ira Newble and Martynas are again out for this clash. This opens up more time again for Pavlovic and Jackson.

Nearly game time lads.

Cavs down 19 - 14 thus far. No live scores today.

21 - 18 Philli after 7 minutes. Offense has picked it up some from last night.

LeBron back to back hoops to tie this game away.

Lebron and Z leading us with 8 and 6 point respectively. Korver having his way with 10.

35 - 32 Philly after one. Iverson with a driving layup on the buzzer.

Ilgauskas and James with 10 apiece.

Henderson have covered both front court positions. No Marshall.

Jones and Snow have split time, and Hughes and James played the entire quarter.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."