• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

W Cleveland 104 Toronto 95

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LyXo

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
cle.gif
VS
tor.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers (41-40) @ Toronto Raptors (33-48)

Wednesday, April 20, 2005
7:00 pm ET
TV: WUAB
Radio: WKNR 1100

Head Coaches
brendan_malone.jpg
sam_mitchell.jpg

Brendan Malone / Sam Mitchell

Probable Starters
eric_snow.jpg
rafer_alston.jpg

Eric Snow / Rafer Alston

ira_newble.jpg
jalen_rose.jpg

Ira Newble / Jalen Rose

lebron_james.jpg
morris_peterson.jpg

LeBron James / Morris Peterson

drew_gooden.jpg
chris_bosh.jpg

Drew Gooden / Chris Bosh

zydrunas_ilgauskas.jpg
pape_sow.jpg

Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Pape Sow

6th Man
robert_traylor.jpg
milt_palacio.jpg

Robert Traylor / Milt Palacio

Players to Watch
act_lebron_james.jpg
act_chris_bosh.jpg

LeBron James / Chris Bosh

Injury List

Toronto Raptors

No injuries

Cleveland Cavaliers
Luke Jackson
Dajuan Wagner
Scott Williams

lyXo's Keys

* Perimeter defense. We can't be lazy and let shots go for free. Jalen Rose and Morris Peterson are dangerous from the arc. Prevent those open looks.

* In addition to those perimeter threats, stop Chris Bosh. He's a major post presence and will take advantage of lazy defense and rebounding.

* There is nobody on Toronto that has the possible chance of guarding LeBron. Just attack the basket constantly. If double-teams come, pass out of them. Jacking up shots is not the key, attacking the basket is.

* Give Z the ball a bit. Let him adjust more to his finger. Our post can be strong because they pretty much have a no-name at the 5.

Final Thoughts

The last game of the season. Unfortunately it doesn't all come down to this. If it did, I'd be happy. But we have to rely on NJN to lose while we come out with a win. Last year, Toronto knocked us out of playoff contention. This year the destiny lies with our rival, Boston. Perhaps this year we can celebrate in Toronto.

Cavs win.

Re: Cleveland @ Toronto

I hate playing the Raptors. It always seem like they get the best of us every time we square off. I'm looking for a big time fight to the finish here for the Cavs, no blow outs, no huge leads. Just an all out grind fest and it will definatly be an exciting one.

Let's all pray for a win guys.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7565542/

I love the intro...."Brian Scalabrine (21), Nenad Krstic (12) and Clifford Robinson would give New Jersey the necessary size to challenge Shaquille O'Neal and the top-seeded Miami Heat if they meet in the playoffs."

Just adding fuel to the fire........GO CAVS!!!!

Oh yea, Toronto is without Donyell Marshall too. I'm sure we all remember what he did to us last time.

Win or die.. Thats the bottom line.

we have to pray for boston to play pierce and antoine in the stretch of the game, unlike they did against us.

they can't beat the nets wihtout them playing

Im nervous about the Raps. Good shooters always kill us and they have a lot of them. It will help a lot if donny-marsh is out for this game. I think Lebron will go for 40+ tonight, hopefully it will be enough. If Tractor plays tonight like he did last night we should be able to win this comfortably.

Channel 5 is reporting that McInnis will not play tonight.

Doc Rivers told ESPN that he will not play his starters in the fourth quarter tonight, to keep things fair between the two teams fighting for the final spot.

When I was chatting with CBBI the other day he mentioned an article about Vince Carter. The writer was talking about how pissed he was that Carter was getting praised for getting his game back to where it was, when really he should still be getting roasted for not even trying in Toronto. Well he went on to mention how he thought it would be funny if the Raptors decided not to try against Cleveland, Vince Carter style, and the Nets lost their final game, meaning Vince is knocked out. The guy is bitter, and has every right to be.

Fundamentals said:

Doc Rivers told ESPN that he will not play his starters in the fourth quarter tonight, to keep things fair between the two teams fighting for the final spot.
Well that is good news that McInnis is out, but damn you Doc. Play favourites, and do your best to beat New Jersey. Play Walker and Pierce for 48 minutes. :p

Fundamentals said:

McInnis Out For Cleveland's Season Finale

Cavaliers Press Release - Jeff McInnis (viral syndrome) did not travel with the team to Toronto last night. He is listed as 'out' for the Cavaliers' season finale game against the Raptors.

This is Cleveland's most important game in several years. If they beat Toronto and if New Jersey loses to Boston, then they will make the playoffs and face the Miami Heat.

It will be interesting to see whether Malone uses Welsch as Snow's backup tonight, or whether James is utilised. I forsee James playing the backup minutes at the point, and playing a full 48 minutes again.

The J-Mac drama continues. I dont see how the Cavs can lose this one, but I dont see New Jersey losing either. If the Cavs do for some reason get in the playoffs, they will have at least some momentum coming in off a hugely emotional end of season and give Miami a run for their money

Maybe in the next half hour Boston will fire Doc Rivers and hire Don Cheney who can then use Justin Reed as a goon and break Jason Kidd's hand.

A guy can wish can't he?

Almost game time at both venues. Nerves are running high!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."